OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Task and To-Do is losing formatting.

Ever since To-Do has become a feature of Tasks, I noticed a few things happening to my task. Ever since 2019, I noticed that a newly created task will lose formatting such as bullets, bold, italics, strike-through and color. I will save it. It seems to store in my local cache of Outlook just fine for the day. Once I close Outlook and open it again the next day, the formatting is changed or lost completely.

My order tasks before 2019 does not seems to do this. I wonder if it has to do with the new To-Do app which…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Mail merge using Outlook in Microsoft 365

I frequently need to mail merge emails and do so easily from the office using Word and Outlook. Currently working from home, I'm unable to do it using the web mail version of my account. Instead I BCC, which results in messages being bounced, blocked and junked.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. define number of weeks in calendar view

I want to define how many weeks I view in my "monthly" calendar view, typically 3 weeks so I can see more on each day

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. All emails - Multiple Signatures - Rules

It is very helpful to have a folder containing all emails (from all folders and subfolders).

Multiple signatures and signature selection support for mobile app and web interface.

Rules could use also the “OR” statement not only “AND” while creating or editing them for filtering. (for example, I want to move specific received and sent emails from specific domains to a specific folder. Now I must create two different rules. One for the received and one for sent. If I could use an “OR” statement, then I could use only one rule.)

Also it would be nice to be able…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Catch All email address for the personalized email address service

Looking to get a catch all email address feature. When we were with godaddy, they had this feature to catch all emails. Example, if email is addressed to richie@domain.com, it was misspelled by the sender and typed in richee@domain.com, we want it to go in to catchall@domain.com. Of info and the typed ifno@domain.com, we want to retain that to our catchall@domain.com email address.

Thank you.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Premium  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Process customers hotmail rules before built-in junk mail filters

This has been suggested, but has not been implemented. It's fine that you want to minimize junk by filtering it out to the junk folder, but this also prevents user rules from being effective. I want to DELETE any/all emails with keywords KETO or CBD. When you move them to the JUNK folder, it precludes my ability to delete. Don't override user's rules just because you process them first. Process user's rules, and if they aren't processed, THEN you can apply your built-in filters. PLEASE ACT ON THIS QUICKLY. It has been suggested long ago and is about time to…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Rules for old messages

It doesn't seem possible to create a before/after date rule that applies to old emails: choosing a before or after date that occurred before today is blocked).

It would be helpful to have the option of creating a rule for any message older than a a certain amount of time (For example, every email from a certain sender that is older than a month should be deleted). In absence of that, it would be helpful to allow selection of a specific date that is not today's date.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Problem with Outlook Premium - GoDaddy - certain domains

Hi, I have a paid Outlook.com Premium (Ad-free Outlook.com) subscription since years, linked with my domain, so I can have personalized e-mail. Recently Microsoft has moved this option to Microsoft 365 Family, which I also have a subscription for. However, I can only set it up if my domain is managed by GoDaddy. But I can't transfer my .nz domain to GoDaddy, since they don't hold a license for .nz domains. Please Microsoft talk to GoDaddy, work with my current registrar, onlydomains.com, of give me a solution otherwise.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Premium  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Logout of all other sessions button

A button which allows one to logout of all other devices easily. Gmail does this automatically upon changing your password, for example.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Advertising microsoft mobile app in junk mail

Why do you make me skip your ad for microsoft mobile app between every junk email. 50 times a day I have to skip your sales ad. If I wanted it I would have gotten it already. Going to make me switch everything to my gmail after using hotmail since 1998.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Folders on top

I use my email to do email. I never use it to look for files. Why would I want a list of Files at the top of the screen? Why are my actual email folders (you know, like my Inbox) hidden below this? I close the Files list but, of course, will have to close it again next time and every time. I understand I could simply look below the file list, but I shouldn't have to. This is stupid interface design choice. What comes next? Putting my Junk folder above Inbox?

The Favorites list is on top, but that's…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Inbox tabs are amazing

I love the new Inbox tabs feature. It makes going through my email so much easier and faster. But I saw a message that this feature is going away soon. Please don't remove this feature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. How do you turn of the new file feature

I want to be able to turn off the new file feature. I don't want my attachments to be randomly selected and displayed. This is not convenient it is an a privacy issue.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow custom domains to be Primary Accounts when using custom domains and don't force people to have to change their primary accounts

With the change from the old Premium outlook.com to the O365 subscription based service for custom domains, you have removed the ability to use personal (custom domain) users as Primary Accounts - this is a totally retrograde step and is a massive pain when users who have had very reliable and coherent setups using their custom domains are having to change their Primary Account settings - with all the impacts this has across devices and their user experience!

Microsoft need to reinstate the ability to have custom domain accounts as the Primary Accounts even when using outlook.com with custom domain…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Premium  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. [Dislike]:"Move to a different folder" option no longer exists

When I right-click a message, or click the "Move to" button, thee option to move to a different folder no longer exists. Please restore that option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Include an option for borders in outgoing emails

It would be nice to have an option of making an outgoing email look like it was typed on decorative stationery. Possibly just include an option for a border around the content of the email.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. back arrow

back arrow doesn't work? works within msgs, but not 'from' msg to inbox list of msgs

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Performance/Speed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make it possible to schedule a meeting in Outlook.com (on the mobile app) and add a Zoom meeting

Currently it is possible to schedule a meeting in the Outlook mobile app for Office 365 accounts and have the option to schedule a Zoom meeting instead of just a teams or skype for business meeting.

Currently Outlook.com accounts in the Outlook mobile app only seem to support scheduling an online meeting through regular Skype (which isn't very helpful these days).

It is possible to add the Zoom plugin to Outlook.com accounts and use it via the web, it just doesn't seem possible to use that in the mobile app for Outlook.com accounts

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. calendar layout

not sure why the default format of the calendar portion of outlook.com would only have approximately half the screen being the actual calendar itself, approx. a third of screen shows no events for the day (useful?), and another third showing what calendars are being shown (should be pretty obvious to the owner), make calendar default layout configurable

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Filter Emails by Date

The Search results appearing in the latest update are not filtering Newest on Top by date. The email is not in the order. It would be nice if its working good as before the update.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base