OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Annoying I-phoine picture in e-mail!!!!!

annoying phone picture in e-mail needs to go now at the bottom in my "select to read" box, this is totally screwed up and very unnecessary, remove it now please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

14 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can't see my avatar anymore. Replaced by initals.

Can't see my avatar anymore. Replaced by initals.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  22 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Folder panel on the left doesn't stay open

The folder panel on the let is closed by default and doesn't stay open when opened. This takes me two clicks for a folder change. Please add an option for that.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Slow web interface

Outlook.com works well as a mail server for MS Office Outlook. However, as a web based application, it is very slow and cumbersome. I would prefer a more streamlined and snappy interface.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Performance/Speed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Send blocked emails straight to deleted items instead of to junk mail folder

Send blocked emails straight to deleted items instead of to junk mail folder. There are 2 options, to mark as junk or to block, yet both put the emails from that domain or sender into the junk folder. It makes no sense to have 2 different options that do the same. If something is blocked, it shouldn't ever appear in junk mail or the inbox.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Unwanted "subscriptions".

Anyway to "select all" of subscriptions and then "unselect" the ones I really subscribed to??????

102 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

57 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Include Office 365 Group in the selectable mailbox options when using the BookInPolicy setting

It would be great if the BookInPolicy setting could allow us to select Office 365 Group. Currently, we can only select users, distribution groups or mail-enabled security groups for the BookInPolicy setting to allow certain users to book a calendar.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. SAFE SENDERS BROKEN!!

Safe Senders all deleted and cannot save new ones!!

170 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

62 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Folders on top

I use my email to do email. I never use it to look for files. Why would I want a list of Files at the top of the screen? Why are my actual email folders (you know, like my Inbox) hidden below this? I close the Files list but, of course, will have to close it again next time and every time. I understand I could simply look below the file list, but I shouldn't have to. This is stupid interface design choice. What comes next? Putting my Junk folder above Inbox?

The Favorites list is on top, but that's…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Clear Suggested Searches History

Clear Suggested Searches history. The ability to clear this should be available, often contacts I will never ever use again, not needed and just clutter of stuff I don't need to see anymore, one off contacts, junk etc. thank you.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Left Pane items

Dear, I just LOVE Outlook and would certainly not want to change to another mail provider! Had Hotmail/Outlook since the beginning and planning on continuing! Yet, to be completely satisfied, I would like to submit the following issue:
    Left Pane items: I would like to be able to select whether or not "Files", "Groups", "Archive", "Notes", "Conversation History", "Feeds", etc appear (as I DON'T use them and they take unnecessary space, plus they are annoying). If not possible to remove the "Files" and "Groups" items, could they AT LEAST have a function to STAY COLLAPSED (also really annoying to have…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. print email

the email not showing the sender info in print email

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  11 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Folders ... Folders ... Folders !

More the time goes, more you add folders without giving the user the ability to inhibit/control them. How about in the Advanced settings, a section specially for the Folder Settings ? ... would be definitely great. Thank you for your understanding.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. How do you turn of the new file feature

I want to be able to turn off the new file feature. I don't want my attachments to be randomly selected and displayed. This is not convenient it is an a privacy issue.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Agenda pane options

Please allow me to switch "Agenda Pane" on or off in "Settings." I know a lot of people like it but I don't use it and it makes my calendar too narrow. It is especially annoying when it opens just to tell me I don't have anything going on that day. I am smart enough to read my calendar and figure that out.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. strict inbox, most good email in junk, gets deleted in 10!?

So email that I delete from junk stays in the deleted folder. But email that is automatically deleted from junk after 10 days cannot be retrieved in the deleted items folder, which has resulted in me losing important emails. I keep inbox strict, so most of my mail starts in junk, and then I place it in the inbox or folders as required. Now if I am on a 2 week holiday and miss opening junk email I would have lost 4 days of email by the time I would check. So either allow us to set time for junk…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Catch All email address for the personalized email address service

Looking to get a catch all email address feature. When we were with godaddy, they had this feature to catch all emails. Example, if email is addressed to richie@domain.com, it was misspelled by the sender and typed in richee@domain.com, we want it to go in to catchall@domain.com. Of info and the typed ifno@domain.com, we want to retain that to our catchall@domain.com email address.

Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Premium  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. my junk folder is gone, so is my Focused and Others? Help!!!

Where are these folders? Did Microsoft change something the week of April 9th 2018??

802 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

149 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re sorry people are experiencing issues here. We have gone back to the old behavior for the left-hand folder tree to always show since last year and we hope this has addressed most issues.

There are some reports in the comments about individual folders not showing up. In order for us to get to the bottom of the issue, please post as much detail as possible in your comments. What steps are you taking? Which browser/computer/operating system are you using?

Thank you for your help.

19. customizable left pane

I want to remove things I don't use in the left menu i.e. "files", "groups", "Notes"...

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Process customers hotmail rules before built-in junk mail filters

This has been suggested, but has not been implemented. It's fine that you want to minimize junk by filtering it out to the junk folder, but this also prevents user rules from being effective. I want to DELETE any/all emails with keywords KETO or CBD. When you move them to the JUNK folder, it precludes my ability to delete. Don't override user's rules just because you process them first. Process user's rules, and if they aren't processed, THEN you can apply your built-in filters. PLEASE ACT ON THIS QUICKLY. It has been suggested long ago and is about time to…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base