OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

New experiences in Outlook.com

Bring back the Skype integration

The Skype ias apparently gone from Outlook.com beta, as the Skype button near the Settings cog icon is nowhere to be found. I think many users didn't like the integration (there was no way to completely disable it) but it still was a nice feature for Skype users.

2,680 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

491 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Skype is back! Not in the way it was before. It's a window that floats and the message window is underneath when a message is selected. Totally confusing, not a true integration as before. Also, just noticed that another useful feature has just disappeared, the translation option just below a contact profile is gone!

• Jonny Peace commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Skype is still missing, unless you want us to open another webpage and login to use it - not quite the same as it being integrated in outlook

• Vinicius commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you Philip! :)

Now I'd love to see my friends' status or change my status aswell :)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how do I change my status(Available, Do Not Disturb etc...) ??

How do I login with another email id only for skype ??

• Jordy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

is it mend to be under the dots in the left upper corner? Because now it opens a new tab it's less interesting (for me at least)
        so old outlook here I come.

• Loramz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

does it take that long for you guys to work on the Skype integration for the beta version? Until you fix it I will stick to the old outlook.com.

If it needs to be there, please give the option to turn it off. I now have two skype accounts and I don't use the hotmail one, I use my original skype one. Its ridiculous to force people to have a skype account because they use hotmail.

Just went on the new beta trial. I was offered a beta trial months ago and promptly went back to the old outlook when I noticed Skype was gone. I use the Skype feature all the time!! It's good, as I am sure I am not the only one who finds it handy due to having Skype Business at work. I was concerned when we got Skype business at work that I may easily get the 2 confused, but since I have used my personal Skype through Outlook there's no chance of that. As I said in feedback before, I am not happy that Skype seems destined to be removed. Back to old Outlook for me for now. I just hope Outlook will consider changing their minds on this.

• Tommy19721 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow! It looks like I'm not the only one who would like to see Skype integrated into Outlook beta. Let's give Ms. Ayers and her team some time to cater to our wishes. While we are waiting, I found a workaround that works for me. Maybe it will work for you too, if you are using Outlook Web App. Click on the apps launcher icon in the upper left corner of Outlook Mail and then open Outlook Calendar. The icon you used to see near the top right side for Skype in Outlook Mail is still there in Outlook Calendar.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 24 25

Feedback and Knowledge Base