OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

The new Outlook.com

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Low-contrast colors in Outlook.com Beta Calendar

The color scheme used by the new Outlook.com Beta Calendar - particularly on the Month view, which this feedback is referring to - is a huge step backwards in user-friendliness and accessible design.

I make extensive use of categories in my calendar, with each category using a different color. With the pre-beta Outlook.com Calendar, the calendar appointments on the Month view were displayed as a solid, high-contrast, rectangular block of bold color with the title in bold text inside the block. The colors and styling closely matched those used in the Outlook 2016 desktop client, which made it very easy…

83 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

23 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I used to be able to alphabetically sort emails in folders by subject. This is no longer an option. Please add a subject sort.

I set up over 250 recipes using the subject sort that was previously available. Now I have a folder of recipes that I have to go through one by one to find a particular recipe. Please restore our ability to select a sort by subject within folders.

158 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

95 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all – I just wanted to thank you all for providing feedback about the missing sort options and wanting the ability to sort by subject.

We have started the work to bring this feature to the new experience. It should start showing up for your accounts over the coming weeks.

I will keep this topic updated with the latest.

Thanks for the feedback!

David Los

3. Problem with "Manage Subscriptions" & Junk Email

Within the past 2 weeks I've been receiving excessive junk mail in my inbox, and most of it relates to subscriptions that I did not request, but which now show under Manage Subscriptions. I keep blocking the emails and have unsubscribed to the subscriptions in the mail tools, but I never had this problem before.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. More options for reminder times

Miss being able to add alerts. ie a week two days and two hours, as with the old version.

113 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Outlook floods my friends' mail

When I send an email to friends, each message is sent separately even when I respond to an existing message. Which causes the load in my friends mailbox because if I write 10 messages instead of reaching as one message it comes in 10 messages.
    Also in my box it appears about 10 posts which means that my box is also overloaded.
    I corresponded a long time ago at Microsoft Community and have not been able to help me out there so I'm turning here. You might want to look there and see the attached pictures to figure out some…

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. PLEASE HELP WITH JUNK and SPAM!

PLEASE HELP WITH JUNK and SPAM!

I am getting A TON of really inappropriate and obviously spam e-mails. Whatever MSN and Hotmail are currently doing to ensure these do not come to our mailboxes (ANY folder, including JUNK - I DO NOT WANT TO SEE THIS!) is not working. Can I PLEASE speak to someone about this problem. It's been increasing over the last year and I'm really tired of it. It's not appropriate and these are very clearly not "real" e-mails. I do not have time in the day to block individually. PLEASE contact me about this problem. I'm…

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Shrinking emails!!

the ads cause the email to shrink and makes it very hard to see the email. could you please remove the ads on the right side. Thanks

202 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Multiple Email Reminder

Please add Multiple Email Reminder option while booking an event - this was always there in your old design/format.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make Dark Mode work with other Themes

The outlook.com dark mode is great start. Please make the Outlook.com Dark Mode even darker! Remove the blue title bar and all blue from the Dark Mode (at least give us the option). Blue light is bad for the eyes!

It appears the black theme is disabled for dark mode. We need a total blackout mode.

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

86 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. SAFE SENDERS BROKEN!!

Safe Senders all deleted and cannot save new ones!!

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Need to have the ability to have multiple email reminders for calendar events

Need to have the ability to have multiple email reminders for calendar events like I could do before. And when you make changes we should be able to keep the old view. Constant change is lost productivity. Bad for business.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Problem with Subscriptions.

I unsubscribed individually from dozens of subscriptions in my subscriptions list that I never subscribed to. It took me more than 30 minutes because of the lack of a bulk select button.

I still cannot unsubscribe from VictoriaHearts 1xwww.gdn or several other craps in my subscriptions list.

Please stop adding **** to my subscriptions list without my prior approvasl. I did not subscribe to that ****.

Please let me bulk edit my subscriptions list and select which to block after unsubscribing.

I also could not select by page the dozens of bounceback emails that I received upon unsubscribing.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. block senders

This No Longer Works
    1) Select the item in the message list
    2) Select the “Junk” dropdown in the top level menu bar
    3) Select “Block”
    I tried to block some unwanted senders today and the Block Sender NOW DOES NOT WORK. I sent 10 Sender To The Block List and none of them went to the list. I selected 1 at a time and tried to block it and it still did not go too my list. DO YOU TEST YOUR FIXES OR EXPECT CUSTOMERS TO HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT??? How Do I Block Them Now Have To…

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Multiple Calendar Reminders

I am looking at Office 365 as a viable alternative to Google Apps. One of the most useful features of Google Calendar is that I can have multiple reminders specified. So for instance my default is to receive a reminder 2 weeks ahead, 1 week ahead, 2 days ahead and 2 hours ahead.

I can only see an option for one reminder on the Office 365 calendar and can't see how to add more. This is a serious omission. A basic calendar requirement in my opinion.

79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Help Function is NON-Functioning

The "?"/help function is not functioning at all. If you put in a word to search nothing happens. Now there is no way (or you buried it so people wont bother you) to email or call for help? Are you just trying to make people leave?!

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Too much JUNK email

Why doesn't Microsoft use just the actual email sender that is being sent, ie., @so-in-so.com to block? I ALWAYS receive excess junk mail from the same sender with different names before the "@" sign. If we could block all from the sender it would stop much of the junk email we receive. I get more junk/phishing/spam than actual legitimate email. Thank you.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Calendar reminder emails cannot be set/edited any longer (since Feb 1st, 2019)

Calendar reminder emails cannot be set/edited any longer (since Feb 1st, 2019)

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Incorrect translation in french.

There's a wrong translation for french in the spam folder. I guess english label to empty this folder is "Empty folder", which has been translated to "Dossier vide" (means "Folder IS empty").
    Correct translation is : "Vider le dossier"

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base