OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

The new Outlook.com

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Outlook update SO SLOW!

Outlook update SO SLOW!
    Just tried looking for an email which turned out to be a year ago to the day, couldn't remember email address/identity of sender. Scrolling back through history is w-a-a-a-y-y slower than previous.

5,143 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1431 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, we’ve fixed some things related to performance. Please create new suggestions or add more information if you are experiencing slow performance!

We’ve created a forum which will allow you to better investigate.

Form link:

forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id..

Thanks

Colin

2. Make it less cluttered

I didnt like it. I don't like how much more difficult this is getting to navigate and cluttered it is. I miss hotmail. Simple. Effective. You can see the emails, organize them, get to them. Same with your contacts thats ALL that an email service is supposed to do, all that we need it to do.

1,705 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

199 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, I just want to thank each and everyone of you for taking the time and providing feedback on the new Outlook.com experience. I totally appreciate that updates can often be frustrating when things change. I also want to thank everyone that has provided feedback over the course of the Beta to ensure that we address feedback.

With that being said, I do want to offer some types/advice on some options that you can select to get a view that is more in line with the old experience. This includes turning off the Colored bubbles :)

First click on the Gear in the top right hand corner. This will load the Quick Settings Pane. This pane includes all of the key features that are likely different between the old experience and the new experience.

To get a view that is similar to the old view I would turn off…

3. I accidentally marked an email phishing but it was not. How can I recover this email?

I accidentally marked an email as phishing when it was not. How can I recover this email?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

4. I cant get onto skype. Can you tell me how?

No help at all to get onto Skype.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

5. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

6. help all messages going straight to archive

all messages going to archive none coming to the inbox at all

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

7. Finding too dificult to open a second OUtlook.com free mail account

I have already a free Outlook mail account and need a second one for support.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

8. i want to take off storage account on my out look page now

i need to sign in with out add new accounts or sign in with other accounts please now okay.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

9. hotmail on iPad and iMac

Up until February 20th hotmail was on my iPad and iMac. On the 20th I got a message that outlook was changing things and if I did not want the change I was to click on an icon. ThisI did. Now my IPAD and IMAC do not receive or send e-mails.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

10. your help is useless

the code to verify is never accepted

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

11. Keep it simple. Question: How do I delete a contact from my list who died?

How do I edit my group and contact list? I need to remove a contact who died.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

12. old emails in MSN in my phone disappears. please contact me xxxxxxx

old emails in MSN in my phone disappears. please contact me xxxxxxx

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

13. & sign error

'&' in my case is being displayed as '&' in all the incoming mail as well as in signature.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base