OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable DKIM for Office 365 Home / Microsoft 365 Family mailboxes with a personalized email address

The Office 365 Home / Microsoft 365 Family subscription has a premium option which allows you to use your own email domain.
    However, there is no option to enable the DKIM security measure in the premium interface for your own personalized email addresses / own email domain.
    Without DKIM, outgoing email often ends up in the recipient's Spam folder, because the mail is not signed and authenticity can not be verified.

Can you enable the option to enable/configure DKIM in the outlook.com UI for Office 365 Home / Microsoft 365 Family subscribers?
    (just like you enabled the personalized email addresses…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Premium  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. GoDaddy will never get a dime from me

Please allow domains from registrars other than GoDaddy to use personalized domains. I would like to switch from GSuite but not remotely enough to use GoDaddy for my domain registrar. There should be no technical limitations here, because it's all just assigning MX records with the registrar. I'm sure you have some sort of business deal with them but it is ludicrous that I am barred from this service because I do not use (and never will use) GoDaddy.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Premium  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Catch All email address for the personalized email address service

Looking to get a catch all email address feature. When we were with godaddy, they had this feature to catch all emails. Example, if email is addressed to richie@domain.com, it was misspelled by the sender and typed in richee@domain.com, we want it to go in to catchall@domain.com. Of info and the typed ifno@domain.com, we want to retain that to our catchall@domain.com email address.

Thank you.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Premium  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Problem with Outlook Premium - GoDaddy - certain domains

Hi, I have a paid Outlook.com Premium (Ad-free Outlook.com) subscription since years, linked with my domain, so I can have personalized e-mail. Recently Microsoft has moved this option to Microsoft 365 Family, which I also have a subscription for. However, I can only set it up if my domain is managed by GoDaddy. But I can't transfer my .nz domain to GoDaddy, since they don't hold a license for .nz domains. Please Microsoft talk to GoDaddy, work with my current registrar, onlydomains.com, of give me a solution otherwise.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow custom domains to be Primary Accounts when using custom domains and don't force people to have to change their primary accounts

With the change from the old Premium outlook.com to the O365 subscription based service for custom domains, you have removed the ability to use personal (custom domain) users as Primary Accounts - this is a totally retrograde step and is a massive pain when users who have had very reliable and coherent setups using their custom domains are having to change their Primary Account settings - with all the impacts this has across devices and their user experience!

Microsoft need to reinstate the ability to have custom domain accounts as the Primary Accounts even when using outlook.com with custom domain…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Premium  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Remove the “add gmail account” option

Please allow premium users to disable the “add gmail account” logo/button. I don’t use it and do not want to lose the screen space.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. ads

I don't want your outlook apps promos on my screen Get rid of them!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. dns

Allow us to set our own DNS entries please.

When we had Windows Live Domains we had the ability to use ANY registrar and any domain because we could adjust our own settings for our family accounts. Now you've got your teeth sunk in on GoDaddy (a company who does NOT support many domain TLDs from non USA countries) we are exceptionally limited.

I'm currently testing a setup to see if I can make it work but it does NOT look promising, in-fact looking like we'll have to just stop supporting your web services entirely (no money for you) because…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Not Printing From Preview

MSN changed something and now I can't print from the Preview screen. When are you going to get this fixed?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Share Premium Personal Address across multiple Office Home Subscriptions

It is great that you are bringing back the vanity domain function for Outlook.com
    When you discontinued the old 'Live Domain' personal email functionality, existing users were allowed to continue using the service.
    This service allowed for more that 5 aliases to be created, and therefore those users cannot migrate to the new service without losing email.

Could there be a way to link multiple Office Home subscriptions to the same domain to allow sharing across families with more than 5 or 6 people?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. There are some small businesses that use the Office 356 Home Edition instead of paying the per user price per month. Yet the the online vers

There are some small businesses that use the Office 356 Home Edition instead of paying the per-user price per month. Yet the online version of Outlook doesn't offer features like multiple signatures to be used based on the contact that the email is being sent verse one sending to a personal friend. Most small businesses use the same email for personal and business. So why not offer the benefits on your web platform that you offer in your outlook desktop apps

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Unable to use personalized address with a domain not regsitered with GoDaddy

GoDaddy is an evil company that kills elephants for fun. I want to use a personalized email address/custom domain while NOT supporting killing elephants.

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Premium  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. new outlook web and gmail integration

the new outlook web + gmail integration. it doesn't seem like when this integration happens that it's still using my office 365 perks for outlook. ie. the 1TB space and such. Also, the icon on my regular outlook web still shows an email folder with plus sign icon instead of probably a gmail icon or something. strange. right now i also have a pop3 in outlook to gmail, why not just make it work with imap to begin with since that portion of outlook web already has all the features, whereas this new integration seems to result in missing outlook…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback on this new feature in Outlook. Adding your gmail account will sync your data to the Microsoft Cloud, which may take some time if you have a large inbox.

Can you please clarify where and how you find a difference in feature support between your existing Microsoft mail account and the added Gmail account?

In addition, does your Gmail icon now show up?

14. Ads

I am paying for this product, why do I see advertising? Remove all ads in payed services.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Premium  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Remove Try Premium splash page

Remove splash page when signing in. I don't care about trying premium - ask me once then hide it - I dislike having to navigate the splash then the login details every time I open the page. Please reduce clicks/pages

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Custom domains

when are Microsoft going to offer a sane choice for custom domains. The idea of being ripped off by godaddy to use a basic feature every other provider has is insane.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. removal of a bar on the left

since aujorudh'ui a bar on the left appeared to me to add a gmail account I find nule that this bar has returned to the left in outlook

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Reply option not working

Reply option not working

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Premium  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ouitlook support

Getting support is ridiculous! been at this for several weeks now, going around in circles..... how do I get support?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)