OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Do not mark mail to self as spam

Please do not mark Mail send by oneself to oneself not as spam. Why do you even think sending my to oneself is spam?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a way to mark forwarded emails as safe

The junk filter for emails sent to my x@outlook.com address works fine. However, I also have emails sent to x@mydomain.com forwarded by my domain provider to my x@outlook.com address which is not looked upon kindly by Outlook. By default all forwarded emails go to junk. Once I mark a sender as safe, further emails from that sender generally don’t go to junk anymore. However, it is incredibly difficult to do this for emails everyday. I have lost many important emails like this. I understand that Outlook looks at the “to” address on the email, sees that it’s not it’s own…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Fix Spam and whitelist rules

Not spam button doesn't ever remember settings. Should whitelist addresses so messages marked as "Not Spam" should never go into spam again.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Senders using a domain name with extra characters after the @ before the end of the domain to create new senders

Senders using a domain name with extra characters after the @ before the end of the domain to create new senders

Domains often allow its users to add jusk prior to the end of the domain creating another piece of trash email which is unwanted. IE: @******.amazon.com Can it be setup to deny any address which contains any part of the domain name which they use so the whole set can be blocked - not just sent to the junk mail box or removed subscription where they now go? I also don't like any item ending in .de

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Auto Delete Junk Mail

When I indicate an email is junk, it is automatically moved to delete Folder. But as part of the Microsoft Spam Fighters, when I indicate a suspected email is junk, nothing happens - meaning I then need to delete the Spam Fighter email. If I indicate junk, it should be moved to delete too.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. rules that work on spam folder

I am making tonnes of rules to try to cut down on the amount of spam I am getting. I have dozens of rules, saying for certain words to be deleted, but they are still ending up in my Junk Email. The same words being used over and over in the rules, but they are still going through. So your rules are not working what so ever.
    I was told that the rules do NOT apply to emails that are you already direct to the spam folder, that your "spam" rules bypass any rules we make ourselves. That's rather annoying.…

100 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add an option for how long to keep junk mail

It would be nice to have an option in Settings that would allow users to choose how long Junk Mail items stay in the JM folder before they get deleted.

100 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

63 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. PLEASE RESTORE BLOCKING

PLEASE RESTORE BLOCKING

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. advertising

don't advertise corpses on the side of my email

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. junkmail filtering

Junkmail filtering on outlook is ineffective to say the least.

Junkmail works in a few ways.
    - Robots scan the internet for email addresses.
    - Business collect your email for legitimate reasons (like receipts or alerts) but then continue to send unsolicited mail
    - by a robot flooding random emails with a readably sounding senders name, a randomised or misleading email address, misleading body content (usually duplicated from an existing reputable website, and requiring the user to interact by clicking a hyperlink or download an executable.

Does this look familiar:
    from LinkedIn - Confirm security breach. <linkedin23508xtPRO@LinkedInSecurityTeamTotallyRealfe080x.com.org.it>. BODY:…

79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Who's paying your watchdogs to look the other way?

Who's paying your watchdogs to look the other way?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. One-click mark as junk

One-click mark as junk.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Blocking spam that share a common name@randomdomain.com

Blocking e-mail should get a new entry mode. Right now, a popular tactic for advertisers that get a hold of your e-mail address is to generate random domain names, using the same name before the @. For example: I'm currently getting dozens of e-mails from newsletter@randomdomain1.com; newsletter@randomdomain2.com, etc. If it were to be possible to block all senders with "newsletter@", that would solve my issue. I understand that this would also filter out all other newsletter@'s that I actually signed up for, but at least that would be my own choice. Perhaps it's even possible to block all…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. block by subject line

Have you considered blocking spam by subject line. The concept of blocking spam/junk email by address is rendered useless by constantly changing and random generated sender addresses.

I receive repeat spam/junk emails in the spam/junk folder daily with the same subject line.

I would find it extremely advantageous to be able to condition "block" to sender address, subject line (including certain words or phrases).

The scourge of the internet is SPAM JUNK

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Create Rule and Junk Mail

The "create rule" format is TOO specific. For example, I would like to block all mail from sender emails addresses ending in .host or that contain puppis as part of the address. Why can't Outlook just block these before they arrive?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. How do we keep the old classic Hotmail ? View source should not have been removed from the contextual menu, now you have to open the email a

How do we keep the old classic Hotmail ? View source should not have been removed from the contextual menu, now you have to open the email and it still doesn't work if you do a select all within the email source it selects the email and the source window text and combines them for a unknown format that can't be reported. Who is QA'ing this stuff ??? I saw the notes, but why do we have to open each SPAM email to view source? Why Can't it be left in the right click menu? I think the issue I…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Senders and Domains blocking. Good change!!!

The modification to the handling of the senders or domains blocking I like very much. Thanks

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. junk emails

Something get bad with my mail account. Receive too many mails from unknown address. Try to block it and mark as junk, but still receiving. What to do? It's look like someone used my mail address to sign in on some strange places. Changed password.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Need to change phishing process

I reported an email as phishing and it disappeared. I actually clicked on it and needed the email for documentation purposes. You shouldn't delete them automatically.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow messages to be permanently deleted instead of routing to junk email folder

In Outlook Destkop, there is the option to permanently delete items instead of routing to junk email folder. This only works though if Outlook (desktop) Junk E-mail rule is used, which it rarely is due to Outlook.com robust spam filtering.

There should be an option on the server side for this. Alternatively, allow control of retention policy applied to junk items.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base