OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Keep the old layout with side panel plus the added features such as "sweep"

Keep the old layout with side panel of "inbox, sent, drafts.. etc" where are they with this new version? …ongoing conversations too confusing . I NEVER use Beta except to sweep junk mail

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

2. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

3. Don't automatically cluster emails from certain days together.

If people want to sort emails or see when they were sent, there are still dates displayed. Adding divisions into meaningless groups just clutters up the look of the inbox.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

First off, thank you for using Outlook.com and for taking the time to provide feedback!

I just wanted to take a minute and let you know that we have added a setting to disable/enable the Date settings.

To turn it off do the following steps:

1) Click on the Gear in the top right
    2) Turn off the toggle for Group messages by Date

Thanks! And keep the feedback coming!

David Los

4. Let us remove the pink, yellow and blue envelopes

Let us remove the pink, yellow and blue envelopes that display in empty email folders. It makes professional email look like a cartoon. Granted, it's not as bad a problem as the lack of density setting on email lists. But aesthetically, it's just terrible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

5. focus

Get rid of the Focus and Other options for the inbox, it just adds confusion and is a mess.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

6. Thanks for all of the feedback! I just wanted to let you know that we did indeed bring the Rules functionality back to the Beta. You can

I have Mail flow rules (transport rules) in Exchange Online and I can not approve or deny the Microsoft Exchange Approval assistant mail ( the buttons don't appear).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

7. For the past four days I have had no luck getting into my hotmail account. I get a message saying I should refresh or try later.

For the past four days I have had not been able to get into my hotmail account. I get a message saying something is wrong (no kidding) and I should "refresh" or try later. This happens only on my Mac. Anyone else had this problem?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

8. Outlook Beta - undesirable

Really unimpressed with the new 'Outlook Beta'. It leaves a lot to be desired. Internet speed is more than sufficient yet it takes an age to load anything and switch between the focused/other inboxes.

The Ad panel on the right is irritating as the inbox screen is too large so display is very awkward and squished; weirdly feels claustrophobic - how does that happen?!

Personally not impressed with this move and would suggest you stop before it goes further. The layout is undesirable, you can't change the view to be more user friendly and suit your own needs. It's not…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

11. I need my folders, they are essential files. How do I find them and transfer to gmail?

My folders are precious. Make them available on beta and transferable to my gmail address. It remains simple and user friendly,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

12. I can't figure out how to open email in its own window to see the whole page

I need to be able to open the email in its own window to clearly see the whole page. Is this no longer possible?

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there! Thanks for the feedback, and for using outlook.com! I just wanted to let you know that we now have the open in new window behavior like we had in the old experience.

You can open items by double clicking the message in the message list.

Or by clicking the Open in New window in the reading pane. Click the carrot (arrow head pointing down) next to the forward button.

Hope this helps!

13. My attachments have disappeared. These are work related & I need them back please!

My attachments have disappeared. These are work related & I need them back please!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

15. So, It Was Pretty Good Almost The Same But. I Liked It!

So I Had 3 Months Using It Harder To See My Inbox And I Really Had Trouble Using It

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

16. really appreciate your replies and comments. If I were the marketing department of Microsoft there are a few things to improve the product

I really appreciate your replies and comments.
    If I were the marketing department of Microsoft there are a few things to improve the product and not just upgrade.
    Don’t mind me, just an old advertising and marketing guy thinking that any hotmail account holders are over the age of 30 and might need some up to date email tips and features to converse with relatives, friends and of course online sales people. Making the older product work in 2018 environment would be so nice. Not a fan of Gmail if I can avoid it.
    Tell Bill Gates hello and there…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

17. from

Where is the FROM. I am sending a reply, but it is sending form my main email account. How do I change it so that it is FROM my alias?

582 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

63 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for using Outlook.com! To change the email address you’re sending from, do the following:

1. Use the expansion button and open a dropdown of message actions (contains Save Draft, Insert Signature, …)
    2. Choose “Show From”
    3. Use the “From” button to change the email address you’re sending from

We look forward to your continued feedback.

18. Need Encryption

The Beta version is very unclear and busy/cloudy. Now I conclude that the beta version is secure for sending mail and the version be for no longer. This was previously protected and encrypted. Beta is bad and complicated. That the encryption security is away from the previous version is really incomprehensible. This must be returned immediately. Outlook is the safest mail provider? That's also the only reason I've switched to outlook mail.
    Too bad......

Yours sincerely,

Customer Js

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Mutiple attachments at once, misses out the last one

When I attach multiple files in a single e-mail, very often, the last one fails to get attached, even though it shows up as attached when i'm on the composing screen.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there!

Thank you for using Outlook.com and reaching out to us regarding your recent experience.

Currently, this channel is dedicated to feedback requests only, but we recently added in-app support to assist you with your questions and concerns.

To contact in-app support please use the following steps:

Sign into your email account on any web browser on a pc or Mac, www.outlook.com .

Click the ? in the top menu bar to open the Help pane.

Click on the Help link toward the bottom of the pane to open the Contact Support box.

We look forward to assisting you there!

All the best

The Outlook Team

PS: Please use the Help Section of the app for any questions, we are not able to see replies to this address.

20. Flag emails

It would be nice to be able to "flag" emails, please. Such as tasks in desktop Outlook.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base