OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Change hotmail email to outlook

Hotmail was before - now its outlook. Can I change my Hotmail.com email address to an outlook.com address?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

2. Inbox "Other" is not working properly. Can't see folders or mail, only the icons on the left.

Inbox "Other" is not working properly. Can't see folders or mail, only the icons on the left.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

3. inbox not displaying correctly

inbox not displaying correctly
    but other folders do!
    (I have screenshots to show you)

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

5. I was looking for my sent email and it gives all the emails with the same subject & recipients. so its difficult to trace the last email.

I was looking for my sent email and it gives all the emails with the same subject & recipients. so its difficult to trace the last email.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

6. I can't delete mail from my inbox

I can't delete mail from my inbox

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

7. Changing contact phone number...

I cant seem to find where to change the contact phone number that you guys send codes to when i forget my password. I have changed mobile phone numbers and want to update you guys with the new number

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

8. UNABLE to COLLAPSE any of the THREE COLLUMNS OF BETA in order to get more space for composing my mail.

If only I could easily locate the Button for Closing/ minimizing any of the three main layout columns of beta, I would not mind any advertisement getting in the way because I would easily locate and minimize any column to get the much needed space.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for using outlook.com. I totally understand that you would like to disable turn off some of the columns.

This option is already there. If you would like you can do it by the following:

1) Click on the Gear on the top right hand corner.
    2) In the pane that opens look for Reading Pane
    3) From here you can either turn it off, or select to locate it on the bottom.

Once you select one of the option you will see that the screen is updated.

Also, if you would like to hide the folder list, you can do that right from the main surface. Click on the three lines that is next to New Message. That will collapse the folder list.

Hope this helps!

David Los

9. 693 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

103 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

10. hello can I get back to my deleted mails for the last 1 year?

merhaba son 1 yıla ait silinen maillerime ulaşmam gerekiyor mümkün mü acaba ?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

11. Full Inbox Please!

I want to see my full inbox in chronological order, I don't want outlook to automatically try to filter it

222 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, I would like to personally thank you all for using outlook.com and for providing all of the great feedback.

I wanted to just drop you a note about the request for being able to see the inbox in a single view, not in the focused other view. We actually do support that right now.

To disable Focused Other follow these simple steps

1) Login to your outlook.com mailbox
    2) In the top right there is a Gear icon, This is settings click it.
    3) This opens up the quick settings view. From here you can disabled Focused Inbox.

Once you have it disabled you will go back to the old view where everything is in a single Inbox view.

Hope this helps

David Los

12. no checkbox by individual email

How about restoring the checkbox for individual emails? That way you can move them or delete them. Selecting all of them and then deselecting sucks.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, thank you for the feedback! I just wanted to let you know that the new experience does indeed have the option to select individual messages.

If you mouse over the message list you should see the selection bubble. If you have the senders images on (the colored bubbles) you should notice that it disappears and instead shows the selection bubble.

Hope this helps

David Los

13. how do i remove everything from your service so i can put it on a different service ?

Want to transfer everything from your email program so i can find one that works.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

14. Mial presentation

I certainly do not like the format of the Mail presentation. The space for the actual mail is now restricted as space is taken by the folders and the Inbox. Previously we could see the inbox fully and when a mail was selected the entire space was given to the mail. That makes easy reading. When looking at a mail we do not want to simultaneously see the other items in the inbox

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello – Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback and for using outlook.com.

From the sounds of your description it sounds like we have a setting for the view you want. When you are logged in click on the gear in the top right hand corner. From there, you will likely want to disable the reading pane. This will then list all of the emails that are in your inbox. And then when you click on one it will load in the full screen.

Hope this helps

David Los

15. we

We want to change outlook beta to older version but we don't.
    Before there was a key about open and close beta version and now it was not!!!
    We do not like new version. Please help me about this.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

16. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

17. Bring Back Phishing Button for Junk Mail folder.

Bring back "Phishing" Button to report Junk / Phishing emails.

Using the button massively reduced the junk I received, and I do not want to return to having to trawl through many junk emails to find the legitimate ones.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can report items as phishing via the following method:
    1. Mark an item as junk (if it not done so already)
    2. In the Junk email folder, select the item and click the “Not junk” drop-down located in the top options above the message list
    3. Select “Phishing”

Note: We have heard feedback that some users wish to mark items as phishing from any folder (not just Junk email) and are currently working to bring this capability to the Outlook beta.

18. Willnot let me log in

Your stupid email app has locked me out. 7 years I've had this account, suddenly it wants me to authenticate and demands a password I have not used in years. So goodbye outlook. Take your ****** email and sove it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

19. forwarding

I could not set up email synch of other outlook.com accounts. The process seemed to work, but the results did not implement.

I set up email forwarding instead, but the folders I requested to be created were not created.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

20. folders all 'cleared' - does this mean you have deleted them all?

I have been migrated to outlook .beta without being asked if I wished to do so. It just happened overnight. NOW ALL MY MAIL FOLDERS HAVE BEEN 'CLEARED'. I can find/recover nothing whatsoever.

What is going on? this is ridiculous.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base