OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BCC Self

Option to BCC Self for each account.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

2. Hey, can't seem to find my whitelist settings in beta, needed because all non whitelisted emails go to junk as default.

Hey, can't seem to find my whitelist settings in beta, needed because all non whitelisted emails go to junk as default.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

3. It's to har do block junk mail domains

Since number of same mails from not so serious senders are sent from a number of different domains. i would like to have a button to block the domain directly in the UI. It is quite cumbersome to copy domain and add it to the block domain list.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

4. I HATE THIS 'NEW' SETUP!

I HATE THIS 'NEW' SETUP!
    those that don't use things, create them. There are things on the main email page that I don't want or need and NO way to get rid of them. You are trying to add more and more ways to 'spy' on everything that everyone does. Class Action anyone?

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

5. mailbox full?

I've deleted most of emails from 2015-2018 but the system still shows me "delivery has failed to these recipients or groups" because the recipient's mailbox is full and can't accept messages now.

my email accout is xxxxx@hotmail.com

you can reply to me through another email if my hotmail is still can receive emails : xxxx@gmail.com

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

6. Reply, Reply All, Forward, and Send missing

The Reply All & Forward email is missing

250 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

147 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, Thank you all for using the new outlook.com experience and for reporting feedback!

The reply/reply-all/forward buttons are now available on the upper right corner of each email. You can also find reply/reply-all/forward in the command bar near the top of the screen when Conversation view is turned off.

7. Mailbox full -

My mailbox appears so full I am unable to even delete messages. I can't even seem to send help a message. How do I get my mailbox back to working order?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

8. Hotmail account hacked

Hotmail account hacked. I am getting emails from "the developer who hacked your Hotmail account". How can I stop this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

9. Can't verify!

I can't verify my account. For some reason yesterday it told me I had tried too many times, and try tomorrow. Today it says try tomorrow. Please help.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

10. draft folder now SUCKS

Your new beta system SUCKS. In my draft folder it will NOT KEEP NEW messages at top, regardless if I have them FLAGGED, PINNED or MARKED by any means. This beta system SUCKS. When is it going to be fixed???

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

11. How do you contact Help???????

How do you submit an issue for something that is broken?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

12. Cannot see our corporate Logo in Signature (emai)

When writing or replying to and email, I can no longer see our corporate logo in signature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. No way to "schedule" an email

the Scheduled folder is a waste of time considering there is no way to schedule an email. Don't make it a folder if I can't use it and if there is a way to schedule an email maybe let me see how when I look in the help section

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

14. i deleted important folder its name vip by mistake how can i restore it

i deleted important folder its name vip by mistake
    how can i restore it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

15. can't find my files

My files are missing
    how do I find them ?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

16. Please stop blocking my account for no reason!

Please stop blocking my account, I am sending emails to my partner and my partner send emails back as well multiple times a day for work. why would this be a junk mail or vaiolate anything. nobody else is using my account and nobody ever complained about these emails that I send for work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

17. change sender name

wish to change sender name in mail

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

18. Why fix something that wasn't broken

Can't stand the new email system.
    I didn't make the move to gmail like my friends and family as I much preferred the system of old hotmail. Now they've changed it to something similar to gmail. I feel like its a copy of their system and if people wanted it they would have made the change already.

Please allow us to choose to change back.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

19. Put the "Today" and "Yesterday" sections back

You need to put "Today" and "Yesterday" and "This month" back to where we can see it in the emails. Why did you change it? I scroll right past it because it looks like an email. Just put it back the way it was. This makes NO deliniation between yesterdays emails and today's.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Can't change password

I haven't been able to update my password for 3 days. It keeps saying "the service is temporarily unavailable."

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base