OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. remove snooze option

Remove or provide option to remove Snooze option in Outlook. It is NOT a feature. It is too easy to mis-select the option on small devices. It is not valuable to all users and an annoyance to many. Valuable time is wasted trying to locate valuable emails when the option is inadvertently selected.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Not receiving specific email

I am not receiving Password Reset emails from Amazon even though I am receiving other emails from them.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Not received email

I have not received 2 validation emails from Live Journal blog. It may be held by an intermediary.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. phishing

outlook.live has become worse and worse at filtering out phishing attempts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. safe sender list

Put the safe sender list on top of the outloo.com website. Reason this item is a setting and I am sure it is used often. The item itself is very hidden. To find it, one must use help and enter : find safe sender lsit.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Rules for old messages

It doesn't seem possible to create a before/after date rule that applies to old emails: choosing a before or after date that occurred before today is blocked).

It would be helpful to have the option of creating a rule for any message older than a a certain amount of time (For example, every email from a certain sender that is older than a month should be deleted). In absence of that, it would be helpful to allow selection of a specific date that is not today's date.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Connected Accounts Two Way Sync Back To IMAP Mail Server

Connected Accounts (Sync Email) should sync back to the original mail server, especially when connected over IMAP. At the moment it copy only email from IMAP to outlook.com.

If I use POP, then it is possible to delete the email, but give me new problems with "send on behalf" with Office Outlook.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Swipe gestures for mail

Please add swipe gestures like the ones on Mail for Windows 10. This would make Outlook much nicer for touch-screen users. The gestures could be set to actions like archive, set flag, etc., etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. mark as read button on notifications instead o ARCHIVE or give option or choose between these two ARCHIVE or READ

Why we have to open the email to mark them as read. I'm sure 90% people don't use archive on Android notifications. Many other Popular apps including myMail, Yandex mail, Yahoo etc. have it. Please add MARK AS READ instead of ARCHIVE.

This has been asked since 2016 and with 10000+ votes but seems like outlook team don't see it useful.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. No way to sign-out, no Help icon in Outlook.com (even after a couple of months)

Sign-out and Help cannot be accessed in Outlook.com website in Mail and Calendar, except under People. Is this a bug? How do I sign out of Outlook.com?

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Reading pane needs to be OFF. We've been waiting for YEARS for the user-ability to turn it off for an entire outlook account and all .psts.

Reading pane needs to be OFF. We've been waiting for YEARS for the user-ability to turn it off for an entire outlook account and all .pst files.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Control (Not allowed) sending to CC, but sending to BCC recipients

I'd like to set rule that enable sending to CC recipents but able to send BCC recipents by admin users when I send one email items.
    Curruently there are settings for controling CC recipients by using transport rules which replies 5.7.1 error to senders but there's none for BCC .
    If you can make new parameters for contorling sending BCC recipents that'll be so helpful.
    (1つのメールアイテムを送信するときに、CCへ宛先を指定しているアカウントには送信せず、BCCに指定している宛先へは送信するといった管理者側で制御できる設定が欲しい)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. outlook premium

I was an Outlook Premium subscriber for years. So disappointed that I can not renew my Outlook Premium without getting Office 365. I DO NOT need Office. I just need an ad-free Outlook mail. Hope it will be offered again in the near future before I take my mail elsewhere.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. moving messages to Inbox tabs issue

If I refresh after moving messages to the new "inbox tabs", the messages appear back in the original location

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. imap

Please upgrade mail account sync to full IMAP functionality. I have synced my gmail to Outlook.com (I prefer the functionality of your platform, and am willing to pay for it) but I can only update from the gmail server by "editing" the sync settings.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. junk mail

Emails in inbox jumping to junk email. Not junk to begin with. This is so crazy.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ad for Outlook on Mobile...HATE IT!

Ads for mobile outlook are insane. Every time I finish with an email, especially JUNK ones I delete/moce it, the I get your ad. I then have to click to get my sidebar, then scroll down to Junk, then click again. EVERY TIME! You are increasing the amount of work it takes to go through my emails! You are NOT helping but making me HATE using Outlook! HATE IT!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. spam

Please develop a better email screening program. It's a shame that something with an obvious scam email address can get into the Focused or Other email box, but something from my bank gets kicked into the Junk email box.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Delete recent files from OneDrive

I've recently discovered that there's no way to delete files from the Recent list in OneDrive, even if the files are ones that you can no longer access. I've talked with both Outlook and OneDrive technical support, and they suggested I flag the issue here. It'd be fantastic if this was became an implemented function.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. shared mailbox email mark as junk

Disable standard users from marking email in Shared Mailbox as junk email.

The admin must have the right to allow this option for all users or only admin in the Exchange Admin Center.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base