OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

2. Certain email not auto forwarded, but most are.

Can't find what to do when certain emails are not being automatically forwarded to my other, set up address.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

3. Someone logout my account ?

logout automatically

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

4. Focus Hokus Pokus

how do I move a "focus" sender from Other to Focused?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

5. Accessibility issues with dark mode

I think there are some serious accessibility issues with the way dark mode is handeling HTML emails. I ran a test an in every case the contrast ratio between text and background was either equal or worse

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Screen Overflow

The Quick Settings pane is now too big for the screen. It goes past the right edge of he display, with no horizontal scroll bar to let me see the missing part. I use Firefox 63.0.1 (64-bit) on a desktop, with Windows 10 & a 1920x1080 screen.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for reporting this issue! I wanted to follow-up and let you know that we did indeed have a bug with some resolutions. The fix has been coded up and we are testing it. I would imagine in the next week or so this should be fully fixed for all accounts.

Thanks for bringing it up to us! Please keep the feedback coming!

David Los

7. Turn off month/day titles.

There is already a date on each email.

Turn off month/day titles.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Reading/seeing deleted emails again

When it says 'yesterday', am I seeing all emails that I received and already deleted? If so I am not happy. Why am I reminded of emails I already got rid of???

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, thanks for the feedback. The date separators that you mention are just showing the mail that is left in your inbox and hasn’t been deleted or moved.

If you prefer not to have the date separators (more like the old experience) you can turn this off.

Click on the Gear in the top right and turn off Sort by Date.

Hope this helps

David Los

9. Blue boxes with reply suggestions

what are the blue boxes with reply suggestions at the bottom of the e mails I receive? I do not need suggestions as to what to reply !

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback. The little blue boxes are indeed suggested replies.

If you do not like that particular feature, you can disable them by going into the Settings. Click on the gear in the top right. This opens up the quick settings pane. If you search for suggested replies it will take you right to the setting.

Hope that helps

David Los

1 2 6 7 8 10 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base