OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

The new Outlook.com

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Blacklisted

Why is my email blacklisted? See below:

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: BY2NAM05HT234.mail.protection.outlook.com
    membercenter@opb.org
    server-40.tower-360.messagelabs.com
    Remote Server returned '550 5.0.350 Remote server returned an error -> 553 Sorry, your email address mdlayton@msn.com has been;blacklisted. Refer to the Troubleshooting page at;http://www.symanteccloud.com/troubleshooting for more;information. (#5.7.1)'

Michael Layton
    mdlayton@msn.com

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

2. dont like archive

Archived.. where is my email?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

3. It sucks donkey dicks

Slow, couldn't open mail, couldn;'t sent mail couldn't delete mail, it sucked raised to the infintie power. If M$ adopts this I am out of here.
    Everytime you ******* fools improve it you make it worse.
    Give up while you are behind.
    ESAD FOAD
    and it SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

4. Lock out in one hour

How do I fix this? I received an email saying that I would be locked out of my account in one hour. If that is true, I won't be able to see that you've responded to this email :-(

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

5. Don't make "focused" pre-sorting the default

I don't like automatic sorting into focused and other. I want default to just be all my mail, that could be a feature to opt in if people want it, but not sorted like that by default.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for using Outlook.com, and for providing all of this great feedback. Based on your feedback, I think we have an option that will make you happy. We actually do allow you to disable focused other, if you rather not view your mail in that way.

Follow these steps, and you will get your mail in one view

1) Click on the Gear in the top right
    2) This opens the Quick Settings pane. From here you can turn off focused other.

Hope this helps!

David Los

6. Not liking it

Don't like the new user interface, feel disorientating, the graphics disturb me from finding my emails.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

7. Please allow social media icons pasted into email signatures to be hyperlinked to the user's corresponding social media accounts

Please allow social media icons pasted into email signatures to be hyperlinked to the user's corresponding social media accounts.

It is almost mandatory now and looks unprofessional having straggly complicated links clogging up signatures, as opposed to simple icons. It is easily possible on Gmail, and just about every other email client - please consider!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. full mailbox

My mail is full and I can't manage it. I need to delete mails every day manually. How can I do other ways ?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

9. Spam mail?

Got an email from "Microsoft.com Team <lala31061@hotmail.com>" today saying my account will be closed by tomorrow if I don't press the upgrade link, what should I do?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

10. the new email system isn't working.

Nothing works on the new email format you gave me.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

11. Could someone help me send some photos that were emailed to me into my desktop file? How do you do that from your inbox. I' new to this.

Could someone help me with cutting some photos from my inbox and sending it to my desktop file? What is the process? I am very new to this. Thank you in advance to any and all who have answers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

12. Is this a Spam Email???

I got email from xxxxx@gac.com and wanted to know if it was spam. It says that I asked to cancel my hotmail account which I DID NOT. Please inform what is to be done

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

13. Blank

How do you read a blank inbox

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

14. Cannot find the email attachment !!!!!!!!!!!!

Cannot find the email attachment !!!!!!!!!!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

16. occasionally unable to open random e-mails

occasionally unable to open random e-mails

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

17. i've lost all my message and only haves ome automatic callander list that i never added

please recover my messages. I've lost everything. so not happy with the change

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

18. Change hotmail email to outlook

Hotmail was before - now its outlook. Can I change my Hotmail.com email address to an outlook.com address?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

19. Inbox "Other" is not working properly. Can't see folders or mail, only the icons on the left.

Inbox "Other" is not working properly. Can't see folders or mail, only the icons on the left.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base