OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

The new Outlook.com

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I need to prove sender never sent email

I need to proof that i never received an email and also need to prove i never deleted it, to hide the fact it was sent. This is a very urgent matter, one I feel is private but after 45 minuets on the phone this was the only option i was given

Help/advice needed

Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

2. BCC Self

Option to BCC Self for each account.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

3. beta

In full agreement with everyone else comments on "beta" why change something that was working perfectly well for this appalling designed application, I am all in favour of improving but this is one step to far.

Creating a new e-mail where but it is only partially visible and you need to keep scrolling up and down to see the full content, its a new email so why not open a new view as per the old system you can then scroll through current email without leaving the new one.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

4. mailbox full?

I've deleted most of emails from 2015-2018 but the system still shows me "delivery has failed to these recipients or groups" because the recipient's mailbox is full and can't accept messages now.

my email accout is xxxxx@hotmail.com

you can reply to me through another email if my hotmail is still can receive emails : xxxx@gmail.com

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

5. My email shows different first and last name to the new users

My name in the Outlook / Hotmail directory is coming with a weird name which I never set anywhere on outlook. My First and Last name doesn't appear anywhere to a new sender. And this is embarrassing. How do I reset it back to my First and Last Name ?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

6. why don't you listen to all those people and stop imposing your stupid outlook beta?

why don't you listen to all those people and stop imposing your stupid outlook beta?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

7. Basic functionality missing

Unacceptable that I can't attach files or save draft messages on Firefox - did you even test the new software before forcing on users?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

8. i deleted important folder its name vip by mistake how can i restore it

i deleted important folder its name vip by mistake
    how can i restore it

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

9. cannot verify new account

cannot verify new account

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

10. Why fix something that wasn't broken

Can't stand the new email system.
    I didn't make the move to gmail like my friends and family as I much preferred the system of old hotmail. Now they've changed it to something similar to gmail. I feel like its a copy of their system and if people wanted it they would have made the change already.

Please allow us to choose to change back.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

11. Full flag/date integration

Allow flags to have a date setting, today/ tomorrow/ next week as a specific date, then combine those into a task schedule for the day. Allow QUICK assigning of time frames for each task.
    I should be able to flag an email and then create a task for it.
    1. John Doe emails me a set of drawing revisions.
    2. I flag his email and create a task to revise the drawings, estimating it will take me 3 hours, starting at 09:00
    3. Said task shows up in the Calendar as well as my daily agenda

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Outlook 365 vs Outlook.com

I don't want this 'Other' filter. It's causing emails not to show up in Outlook 365 and I have to come in here to see them. Outlook 365 has no 'Other' and Outlook.com shouldn't automatically dictate the way Outlook 365 sees emails! I'm paying for that product, not Outlook.com.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

14. it seems outlook lost email. my friend send me an email, then it disappeared. i search the main word, didn't find it in any folder.

it seems outlook lost email. my friend send me an email, then it disappeared. i search the main word, didn't find it in any folder.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

15. Return old mail HELP

Hi. I changed my email from XXXXX@hotmail.com on XXXXX@outlook, but forgot to untie amazon, how to return back that mail?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

16. "Other" inbox just a junk folder

Get rid of "Other" inbox. Why have 2 junk boxes?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

17. email not syncing

need support help

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

18. Outlook email changing language in email text.

Outlook email - how to change language in email text?
    How do I stop my email text from automatically changing to capital letters in the middle of a sentence?
    For example: " It´s a Beautiful day today."

I many times write emails in English, but I have Swedish as a main language.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

19. Deleting folders in left pane in Mail

How do I get rid of individual folders on the left pane?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

20. outlook.com wants to deactivate my account, jtpmjp@msn. com Lay off!

I har about 50 years experince with software de buggong ,and you guys and gals nee to start over

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base