OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Legacy Hotmail account problem

My Outlook account gets almost no junk mail.
    My Hotmail account gets a huge amount of junk mail. What is going on? Is there some way to upgrade a legacy Hotmail account to get rid of the obvious junk?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Why do I keep getting blocked from my account when I'm reading the setting?!

I'm only trying to change/look over the news settings because my Outlook changed today, AND I KEEP GETTING BLOCKED OUT OF MY ACCOUNT!!!!! ENOUGH!!! You keep saying it looks like someone other than me is in my account; SERIOUSLY?! STOP IT! I'm only trying to read the changes! Is everyone going through this? Why was I FORCED to put in codes and change my password? I need an answer for this waste of my time.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. NO END OF PROBLEMS!!

Why cant I delete my emails my selcting multiples and then pressing deleted? NOTHING DELETES UNLESS I GO INTO THEM INDIVIDUALLY!! IT IS A;LSO PAINFULLY SLOW...I DREAD USING MY EMAILS NOW AND SERIOUSLY LOOKING TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT IT IS SO PAINFUL!! I CLICK TO SEARCH FOR EMAILS AND IT STATES - UNABLE TO TO DO IT NOW AND TRY LATER!! WHAT IS GOING ON??!!!

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Easy report CRIMINAL activity function needed.

No easy way to report CRIMINAL impersonations, enabling theft of data and potential grand theft of financial assets. A Report CRIMINAL activity is needed. Also, a CRIMINAL category would be useful right here ....

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Bug: Login outlook.com with fido2 stick (Solo) is no longer possible

Since the beginning of November the logon with a Fido2 stick does not work anymore, it runs on an error. Logon at onenote or account.microsoft.com work fine The outkool support send me to the normal support and they sned me to this forum! :-/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I am getting too many obscene messages on my outlook mail. It is not so in google mail. Why this is happening with outlook mail. Pl. stop a

I am getting too many obscene messages on my outlook mail. It is not so in google mail. Why this is happening with outlook mail. Pl. stop access to my email A/c from unknown persons immediately.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Inbox Advertisements

The advertisement at the top of your inbox is extremely annoying. It is designed to look exactly like one of your emails and I always click it on accident. I don't think ads should be placed in this way. So far I have given it a chance without ad blockers, but this is exactly why people use ad blockers. Please do not place them in annoying deceiving places. I have no problem with advertisements to the side of the inbox.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. LA FALTA DE JUSTIFICACION EN MENSAJE TEXTOS

REGARDS. I TRY TO SEND MY WORD MESSAGE, IN JUSTIFIED TEXT, BUT BY COPYING THE MESSAGE IN HOTMAIL OUTLOOK IT IS ALIGNED TO THE LEFT, HORRIBLE. PLEASE CORRECT THAT ON YOUR PAGE, BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE THE JUSTIFICATION OPTION IN THE TEXT MESSAGE TOOLS OR NEW MESSAGE. THANK YOU SINCERE, ELKIN RODRIGUEZ, FROM BOGOTA COLOMBIA.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. ms authenticator notification

After the latest iOS update, the notification on the lock screen on my iPhone shows up two times. This happens only for my Outlook.com account.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ad Preferences Settings OFF!

Ad preferences settings, STOP reverting my settings back to ON when I've already changed them to OFF 20 times now. JUST STOP! I press "save" for a reason, why can't you SAVE my setting?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Can't scroll with arrows in text

Can't scroll with arrows through the e-mail itself. Don't like scrolling with mouse, because using arrow keys is much better foar muscles in wrist in arm.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. automatic replies don't work

In the prior version of Outlook.com, Automatic Replies worked like a charm. Now it doesn't work no matter how many times I set it up. I test it each time with another email address and it works fine. Then an hour or two later it doesn't work at all and has been disengaged even though I set no timeframe for Automatic replies to turn off. It just turns off itself. Its useless.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. no email

no email arriving but can send

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. app launcher

Yesterday my Outlook.com App launcher changed. That is the 9 dots in the upper left of the screen on your inbox page.
    It worked just fine in fact it was well thought out and such easy access to your apps. The apps were all shown in a tile layout.
    Now? I see 7 apps and two of these I never use, with 3 others seldom used. I have to hit "all apps" to get to the ones that I actually use.
    I am unable to remove, pin or add new apps on the fist app list to make it more…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. New log in page layer

New Log in page: Why the change with an image of a young white woman? The older, simple version with only graphics was fine. If you insist on adding another layer for accessing the log in page, at least use a photo of a group of mixed-age and mixed-race people. Only young white women do not use MSN.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Your password reset and account verification system is not good enough

Your password reset and account verification system is not good enough

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Get Add-In's Button Not Clickable

'Get Add-Ins' button on the settings menu in web Outlook cannot be clicked. I can't add new add-ins to Outlook anymore.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Logged Out of Outlook.com Account When Accessing Office 365 BUSINESS Account in Web Browser

When I searched for Office 365 login, somehow I got signed out of my Outlook.com account (I was asked which of two MS accounts I wanted to use). After using my Office 365 Small Business Essentials account in a web browser, I had to log back into my Outlook.com account and go through two-factor authentication to open outlook.live.com. This is very annoying and a waste of time since I am logged into the computer via the same account and have access to all my OneDrive files, my e-mails via the Win10 app, etc. Don't know what's going on in the…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hyperlink

Sometimes in order to make a point or refer someone to a web page or a reference, we need to insert a hyperlink so the receiver can click and go to the reference or page. But it is not possible as there is no hyperlink icon in the tool bar. I searched and tried Ctrl+k. There is no selection when you right click. Can you please add the hyperlink icon because it is something I use all the time in other email platforms. Thank you

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Upper right icons inconsistencies

The icons on the upper right corner are very inconsistent: Skype has a filled icon while the rest aren't, the diamond icon is zoomed when hovering it while the rest do not, and they also have different sizes.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base