OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. anonymize feedback

I don't want my full name showing for feedback. For emails, yes, feedback no. I am also a windows insider, and they have always truncated my last name. I know you aren't probably the same co. collecting this, but follow their example

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. REMINDERS!

Include a button for reminders! What is wrong with you people. I have seen it taken away from every mini app now! Do you want me broadcasting this? REMINDERS are important to many, many people.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. PLEASE MICROSOFT: READ THE CLAIMS OF YOUR CUSTOMERS AND GIVE THEM SOLUTIONS TO THE PROBLEMS YOU CREATE TO THEM

PLEASE MICROSOFT: READ THE CLAIMS OF YOUR CUSTOMERS AND GIVE THEM SOLUTIONS TO THE PROBLEMS YOU HAVE CREATE TO THEM

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. move to

I want to be able to move mail to selected subfolders.

I find it difficult to believe that Outlook's designers have never seen a folder tree with sub-folders with the same name, but different content, on different branches of the top-level folder.

Example: Top-level: Stores
    First sub-level, Pennys, Homedepot, Microsoft
    Second sub-level, duplicated in each of the above: Wishlist, receipts, credit

In Classic and the earlier versions of Beta, Move To displayed the entire tree and it was swy to select the desired subfolder.-

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Rearrange menu bar

rearrange and modify clutter menu bar. I only use about three items and there is just clutter that I personally don't use or need. Would be really nice, like Mac mail, to get rid of items you don't need and place the items you use where you want them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Different names for different aliases

Names shown in the "From" column should be changeable. For different aliases, they should be able to show different names, rather than showing the name in account settings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. About emails sent to Office 365 group email address on Outlook I would like desktop notification function to be implemented.

About emails sent to Office 365 group email address on Outlook
    I would like desktop notification function to be implemented.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. No new folder option in Outlook

No longer have the option to create a new folder in outlook What's up with that?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. OUTLOOK IS A MESS FIX IT!!!!!!!!!

Junk Email still says "can not be requested now" when initially trying to access the folder.

FIX IT!!!!!

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Hyperlink

Sometimes in order to make a point or refer someone to a web page or a reference, we need to insert a hyperlink so the receiver can click and go to the reference or page. But it is not possible as there is no hyperlink icon in the tool bar. I searched and tried Ctrl+k. There is no selection when you right click. Can you please add the hyperlink icon because it is something I use all the time in other email platforms. Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Toggle left pane should contain inbox short cut as logo for instant move and also pinned junk and sent and other folders

Toggle left pane should contain inbox short cut as logo for instant move and also pinned junk and sent and other folders so that to have fast access. as in pane there's calendar, people and task pinned apps at lower side so there's upper side there should be other pinned folders as well. hovering over it with mouse should show left pinned pane opened as microsoft trying in start menu in windows 10.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. the opening visual when you log into Outlook

There is a visual I have been looking st every day since it started posting- a woman, face lit by her mobile phone. It is not an image I want to see when I log in. There are enough unwanted images in the news media and in the world. I want to see something soothing, trees, the ocean, something of my choosing, like my screen saver -- not a picture which is becoming a symbol of lost generations on their mobiles. Why are you not thinking about things like this?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. More Font Suggestions

Even though I like the new version, but what I like about the outlook version is that you had more of a selection of font to choose from. I also liked how you can have the font change color with every forward and reply.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Why mess everything up?

With all the negative feedback, I can't believe you would not fix all the issues that make using this email nearly impossible. At least offer an option to switch to the older version until you work everything out. I can't even scroll down before the window refreshes itself and sends me back to the top message. The extraneous organization attempts are fruitless, nobody needs their inbox split into extra categories - "This Month," "December," "Older," e.g. - when the date and time are easily visible on any email subject line. Come on.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Why did you turn off desktop alert settings in outlook 2019? Why can I not make the banner transparent anymore? It looks awful compare

Why did you turn off desktop alert settings in outlook 2019, please? Why can I not change the banner to transparent anymore? The desktop alert box like this is disturbing and way too big compared to all previous outlook versions :-(

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. How do I remove the annoying " Upgrade to office 365 banner from my folders panel?

How do I remove the outlook upgrade banner from folders panel?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. BLOCKING ISSUES!!!!!!!

I cannot block e-mails without memorizing the address/sender then go to another screen and input each one one at a time to block If I delete junk email (all I want blocked) it goes to the delete box and I have to delete over 2000 messages I DO NOT WANT ANYWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Hi - auto text upon hitting reply

When doing a reply to John (or Sue etc), Outlook automatically inserts the opening words "Hi John" picked up from the sender address.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Microsoft Outlook Security System enhancements and upgrade

Would like Microsoft security team to continue to beef up , upgrade and enhance security on personal Microsoft Outlook accounts and Microsoft Data Center servers... to stay up-to-date latest security protection against elite hackers and deadly cyber attacks

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base