OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

The new Outlook.com

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. beta

I love Outlook.com but am disappointed in the handling of this beta as I was in the previous beta. Beta Test: "In software development, a beta test is the second phase of software testing in which a sampling of the intended audience tries the product out." (from Bing definitions). Yet, as I use Outlook.com beta and come here to provide feedback/vote on other feedback, I'm finding comments such as, "This functionality will be coming back to the beta in a future update."

Regular beta testers do not expect a regression from the current product when testing. Rather, they are presented…

140 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thanks for all of the great feedback on the new experience as we as how we ran the Beta. As you may know we have been reacting to the feedback and using it to prioritize the work that the team does.

One of the areas that we did for sure hear was you want more clarity on what changes we are making going forward. As we land the final changes, we are also introducing the Whats New Pane. This pane will be used to announce features and changes to the outlook.com experience.

Thanks again for all of the great feedback!

2. I cannot use my username to log in anymore, the new

I tried using my school e-mail, given to me from Outlook.com, and Microsoft says that my username "does not exist". This is a problem because I did not create this e-mail, it was given to me by my Online school. Now that I cannot get into Outlook.com, I cannot communicate with my teachers.

xxxxxx@students.post.edu" does not work...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

3. Hate the layout!

Just too cluttered! I have the downloaded version of Hotmail that comes with MS OFFICE, I don't use it.... why? BECAUSE IT LOOKS LIKE THIS NEW ONLINE VERSION!

It ain't broke, please don't fix it till it is!

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi thanks for the feedback. Early on in the beta we introduced a lot of new features. However, over the last few months we have also added a bunch of quick settings to help customize the user experience. We think these options allow you to get truly the experience that all of the users might want.

This includes getting it setup just like the old outlook.com/Hotmail ui.

To do this click on the gear in the top right. Then try turning off the settings that you don’t like. Some of the newer experiences that you are seeing are called conversation view, sender photos, etc.

let me know if you have any more feedback!

thanks

Dave

4. Help

I am not receiving emails from certain clients and not able to get the help I need. I am willing to upgrade outlook to paid copy but cant reach anyone.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

5. Don't care for the vertical format.

It wasn't broke, so don't change it!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

6. Problems syncing a Salesforce account with Outlook/Office

I am working with a very competent 15-year old company and they and I are having terrible trouble in hooking me up to a "Salesforce" account under Microsoft Office! Has anyone out there experienced similar problems?... Do I HAVE to have a paid "Office account"? I'm sad to say, this seems so 1990's!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

7. Task, favorite, editing bars - where did they go?

Task and utility bars. Where did they go?

How do I restore the favorites bar, bottom task bar, and editing-reply bar? Hotmail has become useless. Why?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

8. I need my email please.

I need my email please.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

9. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

10. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. REMOVE AND DELETE SUB FOLDERS

Can't delete sub folders and still can not removed them of the list, why is still appearing on the list of MOVE to

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

12. awfull

why do you always CHANGE the hotmail/outlook interface ? And why can we only leave a message in english ?!! I am fed up

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

13. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

14. I DONOT FIND your new layout of Email portal very convenient to handle as all screens- Inbox list, Opened mail and Adv appear alongside.

I do not find your new layout of Email portal convient. All screens- Inbox list, Opened Email, Mail to be sent and Advertise all appear side by side. It is jumbling.the earlier layout was clear as on sceen at a time uase to appear
    Kishor Bhole

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

15. totally stinks !! locked into junk page

cleared junk folder. how the blazes do I get back to my regular screen ???

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

16. I can not even read this stuff and even in the old way. It gets worse the further along I go. Possibly because I still have Vista.

I visit this rarely because the Beta is unreadable and the old gets worse as I go along. Main reason is I still use Vista and I can not afford a new computer. I imagine this works just fine with 10. But slowing nothing is working right because I can not even do my annual enrollments for my medical benefits.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

17. 0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

18. Switch Mail/Calendar/People/Photos/Tasks buttons back to horizontal instead of vertical

While I believe this layout is an improvement overall, I think having the Mail/Calendar/People/Photos/Tasks buttons going vertical in the lower left corner should be changed back to horizontal and at the bottom of the folder pane. Having one section just for these adds wasteful white space on the left that takes away from listing folder trees, and it is not consistent with the experience across Calendar and People, as they switch back to horizontal when switching apps. This also doesn't match behavior in Outlook desktop client that most end-users are trained for. Please switch that view back, or at least…

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Profile change impossible because of email security check

A recent Microsoft security policy seems to force me to receive a security check email, sent to another email address (entered a long time ago), to make any change to my user profile. The issue is that my other email address is not valid anymore: my enterprise domain has changed. How can I update my profile now? The only option I can see is to drop my hotmail email and go to another platform, e.g. gmail, instead. Any other solution? Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I am sorry to hear you are having some problems with getting the secondary proof setup on your account. However, can you please use the in app support link, the agents there should be able to help you out.

This way the support agents can have a private chat and not wide open in the feedback forums.

You can find the support link by clicking on the ? mark in the top corner.

Thanks

David Los

20. To change for ocasions, events,holidays,loke Aol

Option to change the stationery for diff. Events,etc

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base