OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

The new Outlook.com

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. print

It is not possible to print an email. I got 4 white pages out of the printer when I tried to print my Uber invoice. Please take a look at this feature!

243 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Completed  ·  61 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The layout is not even functional

The layout is not even functional. It's like i have parts of different programs and pages in the same window

102 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thank you very much for all of the great feedback. I just wanted to circle back and let you know that we introduced a ton of settings around configuring the layout of the new outlook.com experience.

You can disable a lot of the new options all from the quick settings. For example, you can disable the reading pane, conversation view, sender photos, etc.

Just log into your account, click the gear in the top right, and from the quick settings pane you can do a ton of easy simple config changes.

hope this helps!

3. my account gets hacked every 48 hrs

my email gets hacked every 48hrs

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.
    You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.
    We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.
    You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.
    -The Outlook.com Team

4. 40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

5. 26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

6. Cant create new folders

Trying to create a New Folder to store emails in, just wont work! Why?
    I really think your software engineers talk to some users before trying to develop stuff.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

7. Too Busy

I like the old version. The page is too busy: files on the left, e-mails in the center, open on the right--too busy. Leave it like it was.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

8. pictures in signature

I can see the inactive picture icon in the signature, but currently cannot upload any pictures to appear at the bottom of my emails in my signature! Please can you activate it asap!!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. deleted messages

there is no category of deleted messages like the previous version. Is there anyway i can review my deleted messages.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

10. I have emails going directly to my deleted file and some of them are from Microsoft about junk or not junk.

FIX ALL THE PROBLEMS AND IT MAY BE OK. IT SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN PUT OUT TO BE USED IF IT HAD SO MANY PROBLEMS WITH IT THIS IS WHY I GOT YOUR MESSAGE FOR FEEDBACK IS BECAUSE I AM HAVING TROUBLE WITH IT RIGHT NOW.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

11. The delete button is not working properly!

When I click in the delete button of a message, the message is deleted but the page doesn't refresh. I have to do this manually.

A few days ago it was working properly.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thank you for using Outlook.com and for taking the time to provide feedback!

I am sorry for any bugs or problems you hit in the new Outlook.com experience.

We have been working hard to address these issues. I just tested and confirmed that I am not seeing this problem any more.

Can you give it another try and report back by opening up a new feedback thread or contacting support from within Outlook.com?

Thanks

David Los

12. connected account

Editing Connected Accounts is not available in Beta.

175 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks again for the feedback. This feature should now be deployed world wide. To setup/view your connected accounts please follow these steps.

1) Click on the Gear in the top right
    2) Click on View Settings at the bottom of the Quick Settings Pane
    3) Under the Mail Tab there is a Sync Email setting. This is the connected accounts area. You can add new ones, or see the ones you already added.

Thanks for using outlook.com!

13. I never had intrusive audio ads before the beta. Ads are fine, AUDIO is not. Blasting commercials are a huge annoyance.

Don't allow audio without permission. Ever. For anything. NO sound effects either. No springing audio from emojis and such. None.

152 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off thanks again for using outlook.com and reporting your feedback on ads! As Lynn mentioned before, we do not allow ads with audio. We have been making sure that this does not happen going forward.

Please let us know if you have any other problems with ads going forward.

Thanks!

14. 0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

15. Cannot use hotmail account since Microsort too over.

Since outlook took over my Hotmail account, it changed my email to my other account and I have not been able to send or receive e-mails to my Hotmail account. There doesn't seem anywhere that I can read the Hotmail account to outlook. Trust Microsoft to stuff things up.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

16. Hard to find emails at a glance. Difficult to navigate. Stupid

Hard to find emails at a glance. Difficult to navigate. Stupid

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

17. Outlook Censoring Email sources

You are blocking messages from American Wire@theusawire.com! I forwarded the message to my other email account and it displayed the message without any trouble. You ought to be ashamed of yourselves. The last time I checked, this was still America, the land of free speech and equality for all.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

18. Rename folders

I can't rename the folders like I could before. This is no good!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

19. Additional Two-Factor Authentication Options

Please add additional Two-Factor Authentication Options. Specifically, add an option to be called on a second phone number instead of texted on primary phone number.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the suggestion, and for using outlook.com.

I just wanted to take a minute and let you know that there are a variety of ways to protect your account with two factor.

You might want to check out this article – https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12408/microsoft-account-about-two-step-verification

Also, I recommend using the mobile authenticator app. It works really well!

Hope this helps

David Los

20. i think i want help and i am not getting any

i am asking for help to change my password i get none

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base