OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I don't have a mobile phone, so I how can I verify without a code?

I don't have a mobile phone, so I how can I verify without a code?

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

42 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your recent experience while using the Oultook.com app.

We apologize for the inconvenience and believe all your questions can be answered by going to the following link: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Get-help-with-Outlook-com-40676ad0-c831-45ac-a023-5be633be798d?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Here you will find assistance for everything from getting started using your account to troubleshooting any issues that may arise. ?

If you have a feature you would like to see added to the app in the future please let us know here in the UserVoice forum.

All the best,
    The Outlook Team

PS: We are not able to see replies to this address. Please refer any additional questions you may have to in-app support or the online answer forums.

2. I am so very upset that you have now forced the beta client on us without the slightest consideration for those of us that do NOT want our m

I am so very upset that you have now forced the beta client on us without the slightest consideration for those of us that do NOT want our mail client looking like a giant cartoon. If you include themes, then why not include one that emulates the old client? Duh! I don't need initials when I can read the name, I don't need colors. (have you ever considered how this messes with colorblind people?) And I need the ability to adjust the font size without changing my browser size. I'll give you some time to fix this. I am paying…

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good morning, I just wanted to take a minute and thank you personally for providing feedback about the new Outlook.com experience, and even more importantly picking Outlook.com as your email provider.

I did want to let you know that the new features that we have introduced are all able to be disabled if you are not a fan of the circles and colors. I wanted to provide you some steps. Once you have these items disabled it should look very similar to your old experience.

First click on the gear in the top right. This will open up the Quick Settings Pane. From here I would recommend trying to toggle off the following. As you turn them off the screen behind will update so you can see what is changing.

1) Sender Photos (this is the colored circles)
    2) Sort by Date – This removes the date headers (Today, Yesterday,…

3. WHERE IS MY OUTBOX

I CAN'T FIND MY OUTBOX - ANY IDEAS

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

4. I liked the old hotmail from the late nineties better.

Hotmail keeps getting more non-user friendly with each update. There's no need for Focused and Other folders. The constant pop-ups to announce new mail is annoying. I've also had mail to inadvertently disappear into the Deleted folder while I'm trying to read it. I used to get emails to announce appointments from the Calendar. Now I just get a temporary pop-up that I often miss. Also, I cannot delete old contacts that I no longer wish to have. Please let me have the version from the late nineties when Hotmail was use-friendly.

560 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

57 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, I just want to thank each and everyone of you for taking the time and providing feedback on the new Outlook.com experience. I totally appreciate that updates can often be frustrating when things change. I also want to thank everyone that has provided feedback over the course of the Beta to ensure that we address feedback.

With that being said, I do want to offer some types/advice on some options that you can select to get a view that is more in line with the old experience. This includes turning off the Colored bubbles :)

First click on the Gear in the top right hand corner. This will load the Quick Settings Pane. This pane includes all of the key features that are likely different between the old experience and the new experience.

To get a view that is similar to the old view I would turn off…

5. Hate the page set up. Like the other way better.

Hate the page set up. Like the other way better

135 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re sorry to hear you’re not enjoying your current experience. You can change your layout view by:

1. Going to Settings (Gear icon in the top-right)
    2. Reading pane > Hide (it’s a radio button)

You can also further personalize many elements of your view by:

1. Going to Settings (Gear icon in the top-right)
    2. View full settings → Mail → Layout

6. pictures in signature

I can see the inactive picture icon in the signature, but currently cannot upload any pictures to appear at the bottom of my emails in my signature! Please can you activate it asap!!!!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 399 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

131 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback on the Outlook.com beta! We really appreciate this usability feedback. The reply/reply-all/forward options are there under a menu in the upper right corner of an email, but we understand they are not discoverable enough for you and we are considering several solutions. We will reply when we have an update.

Update August 17: We are working on making the individual buttons readily available.

Update August 18: We have fixed this. Please don’t stop giving us your feedback on the Outlook.com beta!

8. I don't like it at all.

This is horrible. It takes up the whole screen, I can't run any other pages or work on any other documents. Please go back to the old version before I start missing deadlines and going crazy.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

9. print

It is not possible to print an email. I got 4 white pages out of the printer when I tried to print my Uber invoice. Please take a look at this feature!

243 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  61 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. The layout is not even functional

The layout is not even functional. It's like i have parts of different programs and pages in the same window

102 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thank you very much for all of the great feedback. I just wanted to circle back and let you know that we introduced a ton of settings around configuring the layout of the new outlook.com experience.

You can disable a lot of the new options all from the quick settings. For example, you can disable the reading pane, conversation view, sender photos, etc.

Just log into your account, click the gear in the top right, and from the quick settings pane you can do a ton of easy simple config changes.

hope this helps!

11. I have emails going directly to my deleted file and some of them are from Microsoft about junk or not junk.

FIX ALL THE PROBLEMS AND IT MAY BE OK. IT SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN PUT OUT TO BE USED IF IT HAD SO MANY PROBLEMS WITH IT THIS IS WHY I GOT YOUR MESSAGE FOR FEEDBACK IS BECAUSE I AM HAVING TROUBLE WITH IT RIGHT NOW.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

12. my account gets hacked every 48 hrs

my email gets hacked every 48hrs

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

13. 40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

14. 26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

15. Cant create new folders

Trying to create a New Folder to store emails in, just wont work! Why?
    I really think your software engineers talk to some users before trying to develop stuff.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

16. deleted messages

there is no category of deleted messages like the previous version. Is there anyway i can review my deleted messages.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

17. Too Busy

I like the old version. The page is too busy: files on the left, e-mails in the center, open on the right--too busy. Leave it like it was.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

18. The delete button is not working properly!

When I click in the delete button of a message, the message is deleted but the page doesn't refresh. I have to do this manually.

A few days ago it was working properly.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thank you for using Outlook.com and for taking the time to provide feedback!

I am sorry for any bugs or problems you hit in the new Outlook.com experience.

We have been working hard to address these issues. I just tested and confirmed that I am not seeing this problem any more.

Can you give it another try and report back by opening up a new feedback thread or contacting support from within Outlook.com?

Thanks

David Los

19. connected account

Editing Connected Accounts is not available in Beta.

175 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks again for the feedback. This feature should now be deployed world wide. To setup/view your connected accounts please follow these steps.

1) Click on the Gear in the top right
    2) Click on View Settings at the bottom of the Quick Settings Pane
    3) Under the Mail Tab there is a Sync Email setting. This is the connected accounts area. You can add new ones, or see the ones you already added.

Thanks for using outlook.com!

20. I never had intrusive audio ads before the beta. Ads are fine, AUDIO is not. Blasting commercials are a huge annoyance.

Don't allow audio without permission. Ever. For anything. NO sound effects either. No springing audio from emojis and such. None.

152 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off thanks again for using outlook.com and reporting your feedback on ads! As Lynn mentioned before, we do not allow ads with audio. We have been making sure that this does not happen going forward.

Please let us know if you have any other problems with ads going forward.

Thanks!

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base