OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Replying to an e-mail whilst your inbox is filtered to 'unread messages' just deletes the message.

Defect alert: Replying to an e-mail whilst your inbox is filtered to 'unread messages' just deletes the message.

Repro steps:
    1. Filter your inbox to 'unread'
    2. Open a message, push reply.

Expected:
    I should be able to reply to the message.

Actual:
    No reply message appears, the message disappears entirely, and the message which was unread is gone from the filter (meaning you need to manually search to find it). You can see something new in drafts, but click on the folder and it gets deleted.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

13 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Find all emails from a sender

I frequently get multiple emails from a sender in one day or daily emails from a sender. In the previous version, I could hover over the first line of an email in the Inbox and a context menu would appear. Then I could select "find" and handle all emails from that sender from the results screen. I don't see how to do that in the beta.

I'll probably have to leave the beta version because I can't do this type of "find".

421 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

122 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! This feature is planned and will come to the beta in a future update. We will reply back when it is available.

3. Search Icon in Calendar has disappeared - can't search

I can't search in calendar any more. The search icon (magnifying glass) has disappeared. I can search in messages.
    I am using Chrome

Version 73.0.3683.103 (Official Build) (64-bit)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. After sorting my emails by alphabet how do I move to a specific letter group. Previous version allowed me to bring up an alphabetical listi

After sorting my emails by alphabet how do I move to a specific letter group. Previous version allowed me to bring up an alphabetical listing and click to go to a group of emails starting with that alphabet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The Sort function not working right, basic functions lost.

In classic version, I can sort inbox mails "sent from" and drag up and down to the first to last person in alphabetically order very quickly and therefore able to find a person easily and quickly. But in Beta version, I can not drag down to the end all at once. I have to continue scroll down and scroll down and it slowly load up the next few people. It takes forever to find a person in alphabetically order.

In classic version, I can sort Sent Items by "sent to". But in Beta version, that function is completely lost. There…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I can't get organised

It's impossible to organise my emails. If I search for something in my inbox it brings everything up, even deleted items. How can I organise things? The search
    is rubbish

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. NOT VIEWER FRIENDLY PAGE DESIGN

I PREFER TO SCROLL THROUGH MY MESSAGES TO FIND WHAT I WANT AND THEN OPEN THE MESSAGE BOX, WHICH IN THE BETA VERSION TAKES TOOOOOO MUCH SPACE FOR NOTHING. THIS SHOULD BE OPTIONAL. ALSO I DON'T NEED TO SEE THE FIRST PHRASE OF THE MESSAGES CONSTANTLY, THIS SHOULD BE OPTIONAL. THIS WAY IT IS CUMBERSOME AND DERAILING, I WANT TO SCROLL THROUGH MY MESSAGES EASILY AND ON FULL SCREEN.
    SEARCH IS NOT AS EASY AND

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. microsoft deleted my emails older than 10 years old without my knowledge, with no warning or opportunity to download and store them locally

why did Microsoft delete email older than 10 years old with no warning? last year I was able to search ALL my very old emails for important messages and attachments. now that has ended. there was no warning from Microsoft that they were going to delete anything older than 10 years old, no opportunity to have the option to save them locally to ensure valuable data was not lost.
    it is an outrage! if you search this topic you will find that it is not an isolated incident, but the 'solution' provided was to use the outlook app and use…

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. why isn't the junk folder available for searching

You have default listings for searching various folders, but not "Junk". Why do I have to specifically go to the Junk folder to search in it?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Missing search keyword by sender's email

The search feature seems to have fewer options after the change. It used to be, when I entered a keyword into the search bar, I would have all these option about if I wanted to search only for emails to/from a certain email, but I can't find an option for that anymore. I used it a lot, please bring it back.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. folders

folders are missing not colapased

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Click To does not Display Contacts

Previously, all I had to do was click on a contact person, and then their email address, and I could start typing my email message. I cannot do this now. Plus, it does not send when I hit send, instead putting the message in draft.
    I also must hand type each and every email address again that I already save in my contact list for each person. What have you changed?

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Search results in the new outlook version are limited to displaying only the first 250items.

Search results in the new outlook version are limited to displaying only 250items.

For instance if I search for emails between 01/01/2015->01/01/2018, once it reaches 250emails displayed you won't be able to scroll down more to see the rest.

This is really bad and tedious, If I want to make sure I didn't miss any emails, I have to split my searches for the same item into multiple tabs with smaller intervals.
    With the old version of outlook there was no such limitation.

Please remove the search limitation, or at the very least indicate that there are more results not…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Broken search not even consistent

Following up my previous: Not impressed by having to con it to give new feedback, but that’s by the by. I find that the broken search behavior is not even consistent. In some test sequences, it insists on turning from:mstower@hotmail.co.uk into the stored version as “Martin” and sometimes this works correctly and sometimes it doesn’t—in the latter case picking up every instance of the string “martin”. So now I have to watch search behaviour like a hawk, when it should just work and be reliable. Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Outlook beta is ghastly.

In an effort to learn more about searching my emails I visited the beta version - and I'm delighted that you're able to opt back out again, because that's exactly what I did.
    The new layout is simply horrible...end of story.
    Why have three sections - what's wrong with just having a nice listing of emails that you can easily scan down.
    There's no logic in that "select an item to read" section - why not access it straight from the basic list? It makes me feel claustrophobic somehow - kind of wedged into a small space.
    Sincerely hope that…

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. lost emails because of groupingthem

Not Nice! I am missing emails! When someone send me 3 emails, I should see 3 emails. But now I only see one. Why????? I do not like it at all.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. How do I access Research info

so after switching to OUTLOOK am I now to find out that I can't research or obtain any info????

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. search engine

Where are theses functions : when you type in a search, you could open one of the mails fitting with the search, then return to the list of mails fitting with this search. Function has disappeared, I'm obliged do do my search again !!!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Automatically organize travel summaries

Automatically organize travel summaries so i can quickly get my flight, hotel, car reservations..

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make searching the address book more intuitive!

Currently the result of a search displays addresses whose characters begin with the search keyword. But what if I want to match any character combination inside the address? So please make the search match ANY part of the address and not just the beginning. Or how about using wildcard search like %abc% (any part), abc% (starts with), %abc (ends with)?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base