OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. microsoft deleted my emails older than 10 years old without my knowledge, with no warning or opportunity to download and store them locally

why did Microsoft delete email older than 10 years old with no warning? last year I was able to search ALL my very old emails for important messages and attachments. now that has ended. there was no warning from Microsoft that they were going to delete anything older than 10 years old, no opportunity to have the option to save them locally to ensure valuable data was not lost.
    it is an outrage! if you search this topic you will find that it is not an isolated incident, but the 'solution' provided was to use the outlook app and use…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Search results in the new outlook version are limited to displaying only the first 250items.

Search results in the new outlook version are limited to displaying only 250items.

For instance if I search for emails between 01/01/2015->01/01/2018, once it reaches 250emails displayed you won't be able to scroll down more to see the rest.

This is really bad and tedious, If I want to make sure I didn't miss any emails, I have to split my searches for the same item into multiple tabs with smaller intervals.
    With the old version of outlook there was no such limitation.

Please remove the search limitation, or at the very least indicate that there are more results not…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Click To does not Display Contacts

Previously, all I had to do was click on a contact person, and then their email address, and I could start typing my email message. I cannot do this now. Plus, it does not send when I hit send, instead putting the message in draft.
    I also must hand type each and every email address again that I already save in my contact list for each person. What have you changed?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Outlook beta is ghastly.

In an effort to learn more about searching my emails I visited the beta version - and I'm delighted that you're able to opt back out again, because that's exactly what I did.
    The new layout is simply horrible...end of story.
    Why have three sections - what's wrong with just having a nice listing of emails that you can easily scan down.
    There's no logic in that "select an item to read" section - why not access it straight from the basic list? It makes me feel claustrophobic somehow - kind of wedged into a small space.
    Sincerely hope that…

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. lost emails because of groupingthem

Not Nice! I am missing emails! When someone send me 3 emails, I should see 3 emails. But now I only see one. Why????? I do not like it at all.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. How do I access Research info

so after switching to OUTLOOK am I now to find out that I can't research or obtain any info????

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make searching the address book more intuitive!

Currently the result of a search displays addresses whose characters begin with the search keyword. But what if I want to match any character combination inside the address? So please make the search match ANY part of the address and not just the beginning. Or how about using wildcard search like %abc% (any part), abc% (starts with), %abc (ends with)?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Missing menu/Sent messages

Sent messages filtered by "AT" disapeared
    The choice "AT" is no longer available in the menu. Please bring back this feature. Thank you.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Missing search keyword by sender's email

The search feature seems to have fewer options after the change. It used to be, when I entered a keyword into the search bar, I would have all these option about if I wanted to search only for emails to/from a certain email, but I can't find an option for that anymore. I used it a lot, please bring it back.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The "Top Results" items when searching aren't sorted by date, which is confusing.

It appears the Top Results items are sorted algorithmically based by relevance (?), but that ends up being counterproductive - especially when I know I want the most recent response to a set of threads with a unique keyword.

I've found myself searching multiple times and overlooking the result because it is at the bottom of the Top Results list even though it is the newest reply/thread.

You're already pulling out these as the most likely results - I don't see the benefit of sorting such a short list by relevance vs. something like date.

197 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Broken search not even consistent

Following up my previous: Not impressed by having to con it to give new feedback, but that’s by the by. I find that the broken search behavior is not even consistent. In some test sequences, it insists on turning from:mstower@hotmail.co.uk into the stored version as “Martin” and sometimes this works correctly and sometimes it doesn’t—in the latter case picking up every instance of the string “martin”. So now I have to watch search behaviour like a hawk, when it should just work and be reliable. Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Remove highlights from search results

How to remove the highlighting of the search term after you have found the desired email(s)?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Search result is not chronological

If I search something I want the emails to be listed chronological.
    This is not the case at the moment.

90 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Difficulties in finding folders

Search function for folder names and lsit all folders.

I can't find some of my folders properly. When I use "move to" - I can see the names on all my folders. But it seems I can't find the folders neither under "folders" nor inmail. How do I find a folder such as "Gitarr" for example? ( I do have one folder called Gitarr and sång)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Drag and drop for contacts and recepients

just noticed that, the drag and drop features in recipients (to, cc, bcc) is somehow disabled

168 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. search engine

Where are theses functions : when you type in a search, you could open one of the mails fitting with the search, then return to the list of mails fitting with this search. Function has disappeared, I'm obliged do do my search again !!!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. need easy way to add sender to safe sender list or block list or address book.

Highlight , right click , dropdown appears, select,
    Add sender to safe list,
    Add senders domain to safe sender list,
    Add sender to block list,
    Add senders domain to block sender list,
    Add sender to address book.

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Automatically organize travel summaries

Automatically organize travel summaries so i can quickly get my flight, hotel, car reservations..

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. search of cancelled emails

when we want to find out a cancelled email, a long time ago, it would be intesting to have filters such as keyword, dates gap, in order to limit the big number of results

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. unable to find emails.

email missing???? what's happening why can't I find several emails that I know I've had. I search for a contact and no emails come up from her. These are important emails........

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base