OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

The new Outlook.com

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Keep Notes Section In Calendar Event

When making a calendar event in the current Outlook.com there is a section to add notes. This is missing in the Beta Calendar. Notes are visible in the Beta from entries made in the current Outlook.com Calendar but you are unable to edit them. I use the notes section to remind me of details about calendar events. The loss of this option would force me to use a different Calendar app/service.

763 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

319 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. why no email reminder option

Bring back email reminders

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Email reminders in Beta are not visible

Thank you for finally putting email reminders into the Beta version of Calendar :-) However, unfortunately the Beta version it doesn't allow me to see the existing email reminders - there is a blue hyperlink, but nothing happens when I click on it. When I go from Beta back to Original calendar, I can see and edit the email reminders.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. add attendee

There is no way to add someone to a meeting in the edit menu. Seriously?!?

401 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

169 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. categories with colors in calendar

I liked the previous feature of having categories with different colors in the calendar. Having colors makes it easier for me to know what should be done, compared to charms. eg have a red category for deadlines and a green for completed. that way i briefly scan my calendar page and i know all the information i need.

346 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

92 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Search calendar feature needed

We would like to search the calendar for events like we can for emails

272 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

109 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Calendar sharing

how can I share my calendar?

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

73 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. repeating or recurring events

Not enough flexibility scheduling repeating events. Can't schedule a repeating event every other week. Current Outlook provides excellent flexibility.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Email Reminder Time Frame Too Limited

In the current outlook.com calendar there is an option to remind you of a calendar event at 5-6 different intervals within a hour and day. There is also the option to remind you at 1, 2, 3, days and 1 or 2 weeks. You can set up multiple reminders per calendar entry. For example you can have a reminder for an entry at 30 minutes, 4 hours, 2 days, or 2 weeks before the event. You can use one or all of those reminders.
    Using the beta I created a calendar entry that only gave the option for 5 minutes…

92 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I cannot delete some calendars.

I cannot delete some calendars in outlook.com.

I have some secondary calendars in outlook.com. I tried to delete them, but it didn't work.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

12. Stop Birthday email reminders

I get calendar reminders for birthday's of people I don't know and they are not in my address book, how can I stop this? Please add a link to the reminder email where i can edit or delete the reminder.

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

57 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Missing ability to move events between calendars

I can't move events between calendars that I own in the beta.

91 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Calendars are in the list but events are not showing up in the calendar view

Calendars are in the list but events are not showing up in the calendar view

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

15. default calendar

Need an option to set default calendar for new events. I have a shared calendar which I'd like to set as default, but everytime I create a new event it starts within the Personal Calendar. Some version ago it was possible (like, the last calendar selected for the last event would have been the default calendar for new events)

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. calendar invites

In the new BETA of outlook.com calendar there is no way to invite others to a calendar event. If that is not resolved I will be forces to leave outlook.com entirely. I love Outlook.com but this is THE calendaring system for all of us, and without being able to share and invite it will not work

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Invite people to calendar event

Please add back the option to invite\add people to calendar events.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

55 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. calendar event description

I was unable to add event description. Is it possible now? Only title, place, time, repetition, reminder is available. Option to add/edit event description is must-have. Otherwise it looks and works fine.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I share a calendar across the family for each member, and I want to be able to put calendar entries on their calendar

I would like to create calendar entries on my kids calendars (like I can now with the old interface). I'm using Edge on Win 10, and I do not see a 'calendar' selection. This is required for me to use this calendar … please add this back!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

20. 14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base