OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Distance

Will be great if I can use a calendar just for distance. I can open my account into the cell and my cell always I'm keeping with me. So could be more easy if I can write down at the moment into the calendar where I'm going and the star and end distance helping to track the distance and miles that we are using in different moments in the exactly day

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The Line

Remove the (Current Time) LINE that obscures previous entries that occurred at the same time on previous days of the week.

The LINE is so annoying.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Monthly Calendar View

With respect to the Calendar, I use the monthly view since I don’t have a lot of appointments on a daily basis. I’m primarily concerned about what I have for appointments in the future, not what I had previously. However, when I switch from Mail to Calendar, what comes up is the monthly view for the month that you are in. So for example, 2 days ago on March 31st, when I opened up my calendar it showed me the month of March, but only the portion of April that was for this week. But I don’t really care what…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Roombooking: Roomnames in Dropdownlist are confusing

Roombooking: Please remove Roomnames from the Dropdownlist in the Location-field. Because if you put a Room from the List , the Room is not invited .. there is no Request.
    Some Users do not see the different, so the room is not booked by themself, but they think so.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow resizing of schedule view panes.

If you have a team with more than ten or so people, you cannot see the whole schedule view at once. You also cannot drag the borders of the pane to accommodate more information, all you can do is click the downward arrow to fully expand the pane at the expense of other calendars. This behavior makes schedule view, while the ideal view for working with schedules, quite worthless for viewing the schedules of large teams alongside other calendars (such as your own calendar and a time off calendar).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add Method Of Participation for Meetings

Have Outlook give the option when Accepting a meeting, if they will be attending in person. I am always needing to know how much catering to order, how big of a room is needed, etc. If when you get the meeting invite you could choose "Accept", then "Attending In Person" , that would be incredibly helpful!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Automatically decline invites without automatically accepting invites.

These should be separate options, automatically declining conflicting meetings shouldn't be dependent on automatically accepting all meetings. Especially when you won't receive the notice of the meeting that was automatically accepted as a normal item in your inbox. It leads to surprise meetings popping up with only the notification time set in the meeting invite.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/automatically-decline-invites-without/337a2300-778f-4bc9-848c-19c5e12be3fe is an example of my request

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow changing of publish calendar range

Calendar publishing to ICS currently only publishes a window of -3 months and +6 months. This is changeable by powershell but only if you are an admin on the calendar.

This is a request to expose the publishing from/to options to the publish calendar UI

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. biweekly

Hi,

I would like to have a bi-weekly view of the events, similar to what you can customize on the Google Calendar website.

This allows me to preview events for the rest of the week and next week

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Calendar for Local power companies ON-PEAK, SHOULDER, AND OFF-PEAK HOURS

Calendar for Local power companies ON-PEAK, SHOULDER, AND OFF-PEAK HOURS

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. no Calendar scroll bar

I suggest making it possible to scroll in the month view. There's no scroll bar when I go directly from "Office" to "Calendar" the way I'm accustomed to when I go directly from "Outlook" to "Calendar."

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Calendar recurring events

Need option to create events that repeat on the last DAY of the month or the last WEEKDAY of the month.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Why does the calendar now open fully up on the left showing another calendar

Don't understand the need to have two calendars showing for the same month. Reduces my calendar show much, already shrunken enough. Need to close that left pane just to see my calendar.
    Why does it also not show appointments as it used to? I would like to see my appointments and events all on one calendar.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Improve calendar views to support a large (20+) number of appointments on each date

Having to manage several 30+ calendars associated each to a different resource, it's impossible have a full overview of the existing appointments. Other calendar services provide a variable dimension of the single day based on the number of appointments existing on a specific date

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Automatically update a room name in users’ calendar when the room name is changed

It would be great if administrators can update the room name in users’ calendar at once or the change will be automatically reflected in users’ calendar when the room had already added in a calendar item.
    When you change the room name, the new name will not be reflected automatically in users’ calendar. So they currently need to re-add their calendar each time.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Create a page to show the schedule of all meeting rooms (appointment status) in a list.

It would be great if we could put URL links on the intra portal site so that the schedule of all meeting rooms is shown in the destination page.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. period of reminder

I want the situation that when i make a appointment in my calendar/agenda i can choose the period of reminding me. Now for instance the periode for 2 days is not availebel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. outlook calendar icons

I wish Outlook calendar wouldn't change the icons. I'm quite happy with just the bullet point and don't want the calendar to keep changing the icons whenever I edit the calendar entry. Frankly, it's really annoying.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add a new access to do certain things in the mailbox calendar

I would like you to add a new access for users to do all the certain actions below in the mailbox calendar:
    add own schedule in the mailbox calendar directly, block double booking, modify exclusive event that he/she created, delete the event that he/she created.
    Or it would be great to have a method to set the above actions for users.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Decline all future meeting requests while keeping past meetings on the calendar

For a meeting scheduled by someone else, when I decline the meeting, all the previous meetings (that I actually attended) are deleted. I want to be able to keep these on the calendar. When there are only a few future meetings, declining each one is fine, but some people don't put an end date on it. Deleting the past ruins my schedule for being able to go and look at history.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base