OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. did a search on how to provide feedback on outlook.com calendar; alot of searches on how to provide feedback; that should tell you something

uh, tried to make recurring event every two years, seems to be impossible; uh, unable to find how to provide feedback; i'd probably hide it too considering the terrible responses; maybe better with 365 but based on what i see with outlook.com, i'll never try it to see

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. more time zones for viewing calendars

More time zones for viewing calendars - i work in a global company and have the need for more than the current 3 time-zones when using the calendar

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Multiple Calendar Reminders

I am looking at Office 365 as a viable alternative to Google Apps. One of the most useful features of Google Calendar is that I can have multiple reminders specified. So for instance my default is to receive a reminder 2 weeks ahead, 1 week ahead, 2 days ahead and 2 hours ahead.

I can only see an option for one reminder on the Office 365 calendar and can't see how to add more. This is a serious omission. A basic calendar requirement in my opinion.

274 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

89 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. More Flexibility for the Birthday Calendar

Its 2020 and there is quite a lot of basic functionality missing.

For example:
    - Ability to change/control when and for how long the reminder pops up.
    - Ability to share the birthday calendar with family.
    - Show birthday notifications all day on the App and/or have a completed option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Schedule Teams Meeting faster

With the current work from home Situation I find myself scheduling teams meetings like crazy. I think it would be really great if there would be a switch to transform a calendar entry into a teams meeting directly in the first pop up you get when clicking on a time slot in Outlook web app. (Just like the „all day“ toggle we get there)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Remove meetings from week ends

When recording a series of repeating meetings weekends are automatically included. I want to be able to exclude weekend meetings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow calendars on Google home devices

Enable Google Calendars to be viewed on/sync'd with Google/Nest Home devices

Google say it's on MS to develop the API into the Google Home infrastructure. I think that tosh, but feedback from MS would be great.
    Let's see everything playing together nicely and all get along (and save me from copious IFTTT routines!!)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Outlook show weather on the calendar should allow to show both Celsius and Fahrenheit and not one or the other. If you work globally it wou

Outlook show weather on the calendar should allow to show both Celsius and Fahrenheit and not one or the other.

If you work globally it would make sense in Outlook/File/Options/Calendar/Weather to allow to show both Celsius and Fahrenheit and not one or the other. So you don't have to calculate all the time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. accept and reply

The Sender's calendar should automatically update with Accept or Decline regardless of whether or not the Recipient of the invitation sends a reply or not. This should apply to all platforms the Recipient is acknowleding the invitation from (O365 / IOS / Android / desktop app.) We spend WAY TOO MUCH TIME chasing down persons who we think haven't responded to an invitation when in actuality they accepted but didn't send a reply. THINK LEAN.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. send calendar reminders to text

Please add a feature to send MS Outlook calendar reminders (in both the full and online versions) to text.

I was surprised to find that this was not already a feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. defaults in calendar

On the Calendar reminder for an Event I want a default that gives me the option of ‘never’ and then I change it if required. I don’t want 15 minutes given to me as a default I want to be able to change it to 15 minutes, or any other time, if I require that. In fact I would like to be able to customise the page to MY defaults and not have to keep on changing Microsofts defaults.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Printing calendars had many "ideas" please add up all the VOTES! Fix it!

As suggested in email I have come here to request my idea be considered. There are many entries about the small print and light gridelines on the printed calendar. I have spent some time voting for all the ideas that apply to my challenge. Please add up all the votes for all the calendar printing "ideas". and fix this problem so those of us that have been using Outlook calendars on our fridge and in meetings can continue to do so.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. countdown

When entering a future day event, Offer a countdown reminder box and quick personal entry (no more than 25 characters), so that when you are viewing the event 15 days out, it will have a counter on your calendar, with the short message.

ie....<Counter> <Self Entry>
    showing on one day.... 15 Data Due
    showing next day.... 14 Data Due
    showing another day.... 1 Data Due

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Being able to sync my iCloud calendars with Outlook.com

I would like to be able to sync my iCloud calendars with Outlook.com

I'm having an issue with syncing my iCloud calendars to work with my various versions of outlook. So far, I can see and edit my iCloud calendars in my Outlook app for iPhone, Outlook app for iPad, and for my Windows 10 Outlook. The only place i'm having issues is Outlook.com. While it does show a drop down that says 'iCloud' where my calendars SHOULD be, there's nothing there.

After some research, I tried the subscribe to calendar option. In the 'Add Calendar' section, it does have…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. International Birthday with solution

International Birthday shows up in reminder a day early, with the time zone visible but NOT changeable. Eg I am in New Zealand and my contact is in CA, USA. therefore a day early BUT The other way round us a problem as he is in USA and me in NZ - the reminder comes a day late! Solution is easy and quick. Enable us to change the time zone the contact is in. We can already see the timezone when we edit the reminder BUT just cant change it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. calendar notifications shared calendar

Be able to disable calendar notifications on a per calendar notification, rather than an all or nothing approach. My colleague shared his calendar with me and so suddenly I received all of his calendar notifications as well as my own, which is not ideal.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I want to change the user default mailbox permissions

I want to change the default calendar permissions before creating a user mailbox

ユーザーメールボックスを作成する前に、予定表の既定のアクセス許可を変更したい

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. prioritize meetings in calendar view

For many slots in a day, I get multiple meeting invites. In many cases, I'll prioritize one meeting over others but I don't want to decline the other invites because I may want to attend them if the prioritized meeting falls through or gets moved--which happens a lot. As an example, suppose I get three invites for the 1-2pm slot on a Wednesday. I accept one meeting as a priority and tentatively accept the other two. Right now, in Calendar, the invites show side-by-side and will squish together the more invites that are added. My idea is that it would…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I don't want "all day" events on iphone to sync as "busy" events

I use all day events on my iphone as items needing to be done "sometime" during the day and therefore I am not "busy". These always sync as "busy" and I don't want them to. Can there be an option; it seems like it didn't used to do this a few years ago.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Automatically add a Teams call to each new meeting in Outlook

This may be more appropriate feedback for Exchange, but it would be great for inclusion if there were a policy available to automatically add a Teams call to each new Outlook invite. Meeting organizers could remove the call in rarer cases where it's inappropriate to be able to join remotely, and fewer folks would forget to add a call because it is done automatically.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base