OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. scheduling assistant for subscribed calendars

Scheduling Assistant for Subscribed Calendars
    I am able to overlay/view calendars that I have subscribed to from other places (e.g. my kids school calendar, my personal gmail, etc.) But these appointments do not show up in scheduling assistant in Outlook, so my availability is inaccurate. Can these subscribed calendars show up in scheduling assistant?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. gmail invite

Invites from gmail and icloud do not work on some accounts, please fix this. Case 21829985

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. delete family calendar

Delete the default Family Calendar which was created by Outlook but I don't want it!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Holiday as a meeting

Setup a holiday as a meeting category, so that when such a meeting occurs for the user, outlook will automatically activate the out of the office reply defined specifically for the holiday.
    Office reply for a holiday would automatically pick the duration of the meeting as start/end date for automatic replies and will allow to set the template of the reply to include free text (who to contact etc).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. edit gmail calendar events

Hi team,

It would be extremely helpful to be able to edit gmail calendar events while in Outlook. The sync is helpful, but it is very frustrating to have to leave outlook and go to gmail to edit an event in my calendar.

Thank you,
    Ashley

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Outlook Meeting

Organizing meetings in Outlook. Perhaps you could add "Not available" from / till in addition to the "Start time" and "End time" in the appointment scheduling window. So the total busy time in the calendar for the others would be the duration of the "not available" time and not only the duration of the meeting. Thus, someone would not schedule a new meeting immediately after the first meeting is over.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Weather Missing Randomly in Daily Agenda

I like the idea of local weather showing up in the Agenda screen or select cities. I have been working with the outlook team, and they are telling me that if the specific weather report is missing they will not post it.
    I am wondering if the weather report was pulled an hour or two later, if you would have them to post on a more consistent basis?

It would be nice if you could support weather reports from several cities.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow updates to Calendar Invites that don't trigger approvals on moderated groups

Would like the option to update a meeting invitation to a moderated group without having to send out the update notification since the group is moderated. One invitation is enough.

Currently when a meeting invitation is sent to a moderated group, the moderator has to approve it. If the meeting is updated for any reason, the moderator will have to re-approve the invitation.

An option to not send updates to a moderated group would be excellent.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. calendar layout

not sure why the default format of the calendar portion of outlook.com would only have approximately half the screen being the actual calendar itself, approx. a third of screen shows no events for the day (useful?), and another third showing what calendars are being shown (should be pretty obvious to the owner), make calendar default layout configurable

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. automatic travel entry on calendar does not find latest flight info

Outlook found my flight and added it automatically to my calendar. When I received an email from the airline changing the flight time, Outlook did not update. Then, I could not correct the flight times myself because the automatic entry is uneditable. Nor can I forward the itinerary to anyone. So I am deleting the automatic entries and adding them back myself.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Merge events on shared calendar

I would love to see events merge in the shared calendar view. In my office many people are attendees to the same events and when we share our calendars each event shows up multiple times. If the events could be merged it would be much cleaner and easier to use.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add 'Never' as an option for default calendar reminders

It is possible to set a reminder on an event to 'Never' - however for some reason it is not possible to set this as the default option. It seems an easy thing to add and would make a big difference! I do not use event reminders so every time I add an event I have to remember to select 'Never'.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. deleted meeting details

Allow the user to be able to display the Teams Meeting details in the body of the email after being deleted. So far, the only way to join after having deleted the meeting details in the body is to click into the Join Teams Meeting option at the top of the window header, which is not user friendly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Travel time for events

Add a "Travel To" and "Travel From" fields for events, to block time in calendar before and after the event.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add task to calendar

Please add the feature that when you add a task that it automatically adds it to your calendar!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Automatically remove cancelled meetings

"Automatically accept meeting requests" and "remove canceled meetings should be separate options". These are two distinct actions and user should have ability to manage process them differently.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Birthday list to stop msgs

Hi Nev, thanks for contacting us.
    You can't remove these reminders from our app, I'm afraid.
    Please go here from a computer:
    https://outlook.live.com/owa/?path=/options/birthdaycalendar
    Select "turn off the birthday calendar" then click on "save". You should stop receiving those after that.
    Also, thanks for your feedback, we know there are many things we can improve, we're working hard to implement new features and upgrades with every update.
    Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Single invite, multiple slots

Many times, people in my organization will run the same meeting at multiple times to accommodate overseas employees or offer different time slots etc. To do this, he or she has to send out multiple invites for each separate slot (just today, I got six separate invites for six separate timeslots for the same meeting!). My idea is that a user could send out a single invite with six separate time slots in the invite. Each slot would show tentative on the user's calendar until he or she accepted one (or more) of the slots then the others would be…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Include Office 365 Group in the selectable mailbox options when using the BookInPolicy setting

It would be great if the BookInPolicy setting could allow us to select Office 365 Group. Currently, we can only select users, distribution groups or mail-enabled security groups for the BookInPolicy setting to allow certain users to book a calendar.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Turn of reminders for shared calendars

Please provide an option to turn off event reminders that belong to shared calendars. When a user has several calendars shared with them, they are sent reminders for each event on each of the calendars shared with them. This bogs down Outlook and makes it difficult to function.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base