OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

The new Outlook.com

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. calendar sucks, are you trying to get people to go to something else, it's working

the whole beta sucks, i have been using outlook since it came out, this one is useless.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

2. calendar switch between

In the old Version i am able to switch a calendar entry from one calendar to annother (i.e. from the private calendar to the family calendar). In the Beta version i see no way to chande the calendar?

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Calendar is unavailble if switch to Beta

I love to see improvements and to test them, but when something is not working this can't be used

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

4. Calendar notifications not visible

Hello,
    I like the new look, however in this beta version I don't receive reminders or calendar notifications (the pop-up window does not appear on the screen anymore). And in the top right corner the Notifications / Skype buttons are no longer there.

Thank you

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. next 7 days view in Calendar

I would like the calendar to have an optional view of the next 7 days, like in Outlook 365

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. edit past calendar events and move events to edit

Consider adding back the ability to edit past calendar events and "moving" the past event to a new future date. This made it super easy to reschedule event that didn't happen or one in which you just want to keep moving forward.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Today I can't access to my calendar.

Something is going wrong with the calendar service. Today I can't access to my calendar. It appears as if it tries to charge the app continuosly.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

8. Bring back flight details

Some time last year you all added flight details to the top of booking confirmation emails. I really liked it! That made it super easy to figure out the important information like booking reference number and flight number etc. Please bring it back.

Thanks - a Microsoft employee

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add ability to search multiple calendars simultaneously

Users have the option to create multiple calendars and share calendars with other users. All calendars can be displayed, but the search feature only searches one calendar at a time.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bring back ability to change calendar for existing event

If I create an event and then decide I want the event on a different calendar (like a shared one), I can't change it. This used to be an option. I have to recreate if from scratch on the the other calendar and then delete the first one.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Better week view

Hi, would be great if there was week agenda view where you had 7 boxes, one for each day of the week, arranged more like a paper diary so you can see each entry. At the moment with week view being tall narrow columns you can't see overlapping entries well; if entries were listed one above the other each day you could read them all clearly. Bing search "weekly planner view" or similar. Thanks

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. New feedback from Outlook.com (React)

Hi all,
    please do not release beta-versions of Outlook with less functionaltiy than the previous version have: Currently I am not able to add/edit Notes in an appointment or I can not share a calendar, or...
    Best wishes,
    Chris

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Colour missing from calendar events.

The colour on calendar events does not transfer over from Outlook.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. editing meetings

Need to be able to edit a meeting - also wish I could categorize my meetings like in the other version (home vs work, kids, etc)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. ICS

On the previous version of Outlook.com, when someone would email me a .ics attachment, I was given the option to add the event directly to my calendar. This seems to be missing from the beta and I can only download the ics as an attachment.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add EasyJet flight emails to calendar automatically

Hi, easyjet flight emails are not being added automatically to calendar because they are being sent from donotreply@easyjet.com and not from any of the email addresses you have on your list of supported services and respective email addresses. Can you please fix this? Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Private

Please bring back the ability to mark an item as private in the calendar

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Viewing Calendar Appointments

I want to see category colours as on the old calendar as this helps me to quickly identify the difference between essential and non essential appointments. I also want to be able to see all appointments scheduled in the weekly/monthly view, not just the first appointment input for a particular day. It's deceptive when only one appointment shows up.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base