OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Problem with "Manage Subscriptions" & Junk Email

Within the past 2 weeks I've been receiving excessive junk mail in my inbox, and most of it relates to subscriptions that I did not request, but which now show under Manage Subscriptions. I keep blocking the emails and have unsubscribed to the subscriptions in the mail tools, but I never had this problem before.

45 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gerri shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

42 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Kay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is unacceptable. I am a 70+ woman who never requested any mail order brides, never searched web for them and the subscriptions will not delete. Tried junk, spam etc.

• John B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE allow removal of this ****. 20-30 daily junkmails is a bit excessive. Hellooooooo , ANYONE listening ?????

• Ed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a feature? This is an intrusion potentially more harmful than a user clicking on an unknown web site. I know unsubscribing to a url isn't very effective yet I just tried one and got a Microsoft pop-up telling me this could be a malicious web site.

And I'm to have confidence in Outlook? I hope to see a Delete option in the very near future that will fully remove these malicious intrusions. If not, it's time to consider another mail program or another vendor.

• ccole9@live.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One of the worst ideas ever. Since the "subscription" feature was recently added, it seems to have been the cause of many unwanted things, either junk mail in inboxes or subscriptions no one ever subscribed to. I have a subscription to Wayfair in which there are over 30 websites listed, none of which actually belong to Wayfair. Of course I cannot unsubscribe to those address, how do you unsubscribe to something that never existed in the first place? I guess I am not smart enough to subscribe to something I really want in the first place, I have to let a computer program decide for me. And if I don't like the choice, there is nothing I can do about it, I have to live with it. And you simply cannot block a domain that does not exist so that option doesn't work. AND since Microsoft knows this problem exists and STILL has not developed a solution or removed the feature, I guess I am stuck with more mail now that I never wanted in the first place.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same situation as lots of other folks here. Bogus spammer subscriptions clutter up my list.

• jbtazz007@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been receiving excessive junk mail in my inbox, and most of it relates to subscriptions that I did not request, but which now show under Manage Subscriptions. I keep blocking the emails and have unsubscribed to the subscriptions in the mail tools, but I never had this problem before.

Where are the subscriptions lately. Hope MS outlook team is working out the problems we all have reported.

• rafg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have spam email addreses in my subscription which I never subscribed to nor have I received emails from them. Why is MS actively adding spammers to their users subscriptions?
    Also there needs to be a function to delete the subscriptions without opening the spammers link first.
    The best solution would be to have the option to disable this useless function which only serves spammers.

• rhac777 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This automatic Subscriptions "feature" creates a spam nightmare. Who thought this was a good idea? It's horrendous.

• rhac777 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have multiple bogus subscriptions that I will not respond to. This situation is unacceptable. These are criminals.

• Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is ridiculous. There is not a delete subscription option? Further more, this is something that is 'being considered?" In what world does Microsoft exist? If I want to delete something I should have that option. Period. This is common sense. Since there is not option to delete this stuff AND it adds to the subscription list daily, this has become more than a minor problem. I have upwards to 150 junk emails a day and over half of that subscribes me to their email. This needs to get fixed now.

• joel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am getting sick and tired of the junk emails that I receive, on a daily basis from subscriptions that I know I DID NOT subscribe. Every morning when I check my e-mail, I have probably 50+ emails from these subscriptions, and blocking doesn't do anything to stop them. This issue needs to be taken care of ASAP!

Since the feature was added I've noticed a sharp increase in my spam email. I have obviously not unsubscribed to the spambots that made their way onto my list as that in itself would be a security risk, but I theorize that when they get added they get some manner of confirmation that the email is still in use.
    Please remove/fix/disable this feature until it is ready to be used and not possess security risks to regular users, or helps the spam bots (Gods know they need no help). This little change has sparked my interest in ending this email of mine(which is nearly 20 years old) simply because of the spam, and this should raise flags for you as a company.

• Poe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Subscriptions - Junk Emails are allowed access to this figure! Please add an on/off button until there is a long term solution solved here! Reporting/blocking junk emails does not stop them from adding itself to the new Subscription feature.

I've taken to do what I can, though I feel really helpless about my effort to STOP this!!!

go to settings>subscriptions>right click on "Unsubscribe">click "Inspect"

Look for "<span class="yBrP7Uhmi-MB_VYRTlIJ2" title="f70ny02eq@zkq.shopshop.online">f70ny02eq@zkq.shopshop.online</span>"

>click edit as HTML>copy & paste the subscription email similar to the one above and then under Settings>junk email>paste and save to block this link.

It does not remove it from subscription, but perhaps it'll block it? IDK I'm struggling to fix this myself and it's a problem they created and a problem spammers are enjoying!

• Poe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Subscriptions - Junk Emails are allowed access to this figure! Please add an on/off button until there is a long term solution solved here! Reporting/blocking junk emails does not stop them from adding itself to the new Subscription feature. This problem has been ongoing for well over a month, either I've been told the filter is doing its job by not letting junk emails into the Inbox. The Junk email feature is ****! Especially now that spammers can add their **** as a subscription! This is a security issue!

I am now getting e-mails from sites that I never subscribed to and I can't unsubscribe from them. How do I even get to the Settings-Mail-Subscriptions tab since when I go to Settings the tab "Mail" doesn't even appear yet the page just jumps up on my screen at random.

← Previous 1 3

The new Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base