OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Problem with "Manage Subscriptions" & Junk Email

Within the past 2 weeks I've been receiving excessive junk mail in my inbox, and most of it relates to subscriptions that I did not request, but which now show under Manage Subscriptions. I keep blocking the emails and have unsubscribed to the subscriptions in the mail tools, but I never had this problem before.

111 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gerri shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

60 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • calvin.w.lynch.2017 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Subscription Services I have not ever signed up for anywhere are automatically being added and that's where spam is coming from. Some of them, like home improvements cannot been be removed for some reason. There needs to be an option to completely turn off or empty both subscription services and completely remove the list of junk email list. Once I went down the list of subscription **** I didn't sign up for to begin with all junk email stopped coming in. Also there is no way to scroll over and remove added items from the junk email when they have unreasonably long names.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

spot on, ditto ditto ditto. Never have subscribed to anything yet the subscription folder is loaded with items you'd be afraid to unsubscribe to, dangerous security breach to send unsubscribe to "bad" sites.

• Kathy Toner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Settings -> Mail -> Subscriptions should have a delete button. When I try to Unsubscribe, I can get routed to a Multisite Admin - Just another WordPress site page saying Nothing Found. I have also gotten an error message: Couldn't Unsubscribe - We Couldn't remove your subscription. Please try again later. I'm in USA and have subscriptions the the Australian Dental Assn!!! If the webpage / @xxxxxx.com no longer exists, a delete button should ought to work.

• jon kaplowitz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same complaint as the others. No way to remove subscriptions from list once the MS bot installs them.

• javenables1223@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can I have list of SUBSCRIPTIONS I never subscribed to YET CAN'T REMOVE THEM? Give us an option to only permit emails from those on our CONTACT LIST! So sick of all the garbage we can't get rid of!

• Sonny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This seems to be a well identified problem. We too are being deluged by unsolicited & initially solicited subscriptions that, when identified and deletion attempts fail (via "settings>advanced>subscriptions") either reappear or are prompted as 'undeletable at this time' despite multiple restarts. This, along with cell robo calls is becoming a huge nuisance with no resolution in sight...

• warrensteinmann989@msn.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need to deleted subscription that don't exist as state by the site. We should have the right to delete the subscription on user side. When it comes though again the user can block it or mark it phishing

Same issues here. I have never subscribed to any of these and they can not be removed. This should be a simple fix for outlook but they seem to be ignoring it. Please fix. I do not want to have to go thru the trouble of changing email addresses.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hotmail/Outlook - i still get emails Subscriptions from newsletters I did not subscribe to. i cannot delete them either, why does Microsoft outlook allow this, google gmail have better spam/junk email filtering... i guess i am going to just create an gmail account and stop using Hotmail/outlook.

• Kim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My junk mail hits 700 plus emails weekly. My subscriptions..... I cannot even count them all!! Plus, I know there is no way I subscribed to these inappropriate email newsletters or advertising. It is ridiculous and because it says I subscribed filters through to my inbox and SURPRISE even makes the incoming VIP alert sound-off! So here I am thinking I got an email from one of the three people I have tagged VIP and it is m-f-ing SPAM!!! FIX this PLEASE!!!!

• Giannina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can one of the thousand employees you have FIX HOTMAIL??? Your handling of junk mail and allowing random spammers have my address as if I had "Subscribed" to their trash emails when I never had -and in some cases I cannot even unsubscribe- is INFURIATING!!!

• Sam Pollock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

IM GETTING JUNK EMAILS FLOODED TO MY JUNK EMAIL FOLDER ABOUT UNSUBSCRIBING AND MANY OTHER TOPICS. I HAVE NOT SUBSCRIBED TO ANY OF THESE BUT THEY ARE ALL COMING BACK TO ME FOR SOME REASON. I ALSO WANT TO KNOW IF I CANNOT UNSUBSCRIBE TO WEBSITES AND EMAILS ON MY SUBSCRIPTION LIST THEN HOW DO I REMOVE THEM FROM MY EMAIL ACCOUNT.

Agree with everyone here! What is with allowing this intrusive subscriptions feature filled with spammers we NEVER subscribed to in the first place and now cannot get rid of???? I wrote directly to Outlook several weeks back about this and - surprise - I now have gained several hundred MORE unwanted subscriptions!! They literally multiple daily and cannot be gotten rid of. This is intrusive and unsafe to allow this! Please fix it soon! Why do we even have this feature??? We need a delete option that does not involve opening or contacting any of these scammers if you are not going to fix or get rid of this unneeded option. I had to set up an important email business contact yesterday and I REFUSED to use my Outlook account. I do not feel secure with this anymore.

• lupidoehl41@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SAME HERE, ALL MY JUNK ADVERTISING GOES INTO MY EMAIL INBOX< EVEN WHEN I BLOCK SOMETHING< IT REAPPEARS AGAIN>
    I THINK I HAVE !) EMAILS FROM MY FRIENDS, TURNS OUT< IT"S ALL JUNK ADVERTISING THAT"S SUPPOSED TO GO INTO THE JUNKFILE.

• Nicole Kinney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft you see how many people hate this feature, get rid of it!!!! There's absolutely no need for it and it's not making anyone's lives easier.

Agree with this "Subscriptions" problem. How do you let these scammers into our subscription category when we NEVER subscribed to this junk and now cannot get rid of these bogus subscriptions. When we try to unsubscribe, many are fake addresses - surprise! - or seemed too risky by our computer security to even visit. A subscription file should only be for sites we actually agreed to or there must be a DELETE option that does not involve visiting these ****** sites and a block feature that prevents them from coming back, which they usually do even if you think you have unsubscribed them. WHY ARE YOU ALLOWING THIS???? Other email providers allow us to block this garbage and it literally NEVER comes back - ever! You can do better!

• Kay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is unacceptable. I am a 70+ woman who never requested any mail order brides, never searched web for them and the subscriptions will not delete. Tried junk, spam etc.

← Previous 1 3

The new Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base