OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

New experiences in Outlook.com

too much line-spacing

cumbersome! I'd like to know how to reduce line-spacing among messages (as the previous version)

1,013 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

andrea-alessandrini shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

90 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Been trying to live with the new Mail set-up - it's a mess. Each inbox item takes up twice (3X?) as much space as it used to, it's just a bunch of wasted space and I can only see half (1/3?) the number of emails listed at one time. I can't find any way to adjust this, so I guess we're just stuck with this ungainly mess? I've been with 'hotmail' since I've had a computer, but it's looking like time to move on to something more user-friendly and less fancy. If anyone on your end is actually reading these comments, can you please add (or direct me to) a means of making the mail list more compact?

• Joe Persek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make this a priority. I used to be able to see 18 emails on a screen. Now it's 12. It's unworkable the way it is.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new design has too much space between lines. Now we can see less messages at once than before. It is no functional. Less productive.
        It makes the labor slower.

• Sulev Svilponis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How to disable the new outlook and restore the old look? The new outlook is ugly, bloating, unresponsive, hard to read, wasting screen space with enormous spaces between lines, but text is very small, and all in BOLD! Don't you know, that it is hard to read such text, which is all in bold letters? Where is the good old e-mail reader I liked many years?

• color.world commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the new outlook wont even let me send attachments! i would like to go back to my old hotmail acct!

• Michael Panayotides commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Beyond the line spacing, Why don't you make it work EXACTLY like MS-Word? As it is, the "Undo" works erratically, at best, text cannot be transferred, ot it goes where IT wants to, etc. Also, ability to place simple graphic, as in Word, will be helpful. At least allow "pasting" copied text with graphic(s) (e.g. an arrow)s that has been copied from Word.

• rabany roland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

bonjour merci de votre réponse mais dommage rien en Français donc je ne peux pas faire de modifications une réponse en français s'il vous plait.

• megaoke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just put the ******** thing back like it was before and stop faffing about with it.

• Diogo Costa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The first thing I do when I enter Outlook is to resize the browser to 80%. Much better and similar to the previous version.

• Kay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

AGREE - I need to be able to come Hotmail and get some work done, not have to reformat the screen over and over

• tealirish@msn.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I complained with the last (unwanted) "update" that I couldn't check & delete ONLY a screen's worth of junk mail at a time like before. If you click at the top of the list, it is again selecting ALL the emails, if you have 50, or 200, or 700! This is NOT user friendly! I like to skim through the page for email that shouldn't be in the junk folder. And yes, the added spacing is wasteful for how many emails can be seen per view page. And I don't know how to post this comment - asks for my password but i can't type it in , in the box! Cripes!

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hate Microsoft's new assumption that no one uses desktop PCs anymore. "Duh, let's design our GUI for touch screens and space everything out by a ridiculous amount!" (GMail did something similar, but at least they provided a "compact" view for desktop users.)

News flash Microsoft: There's a lot of us still using desktop PCs!

• thissen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What a mess ! Do you want to lose all your PC-customers and concentrate only on Phones???
        Deeply sad:
        - Only 40% or less of mails and folders is visible; what a waste of space and time (to scroll down);

Was this tested at all???

• thissen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What a mess ! Do you want to lose all your PC-customers and concentrate only on Phones???
        Deeply sad:

- Only 40% or less of mails and folders is visible; what a waste of space and time (to scroll down);

• marc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please shorten the lines to single space again!

my productivity has been slashed by these thicker inbox slices.

• pam lapczynski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't need to see if an email is Today, Yesterday, November. Please removed these. It just takes up more line space that we've already lost with this horrible new version.

• Jackie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We can see without being told the date of messages in the Inbox, wastes too much space. We could see before when a message was received!

• IAN KERR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes - far too much spacing between lines. The additional scrolling would almost be acceptable if the nuisance of doing this was offset by improvements elsewhere - but there aren't any. Also, why does a "long running script" keep interrupting things? What is it? How do I stop it?

← Previous 1 3 4 5

New experiences in Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base