OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

New experiences in Outlook.com

too much line-spacing

cumbersome! I'd like to know how to reduce line-spacing among messages (as the previous version)

1,052 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

andrea-alessandrini shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

99 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • megaoke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The spaces are too big in between each message. How do i make them smaller?

• Julian Firkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make this a priority. Way too much space between lines in the Inbox. I now see about a third of the emails I used to see.

• RM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There's been yet another pointless update overnight and now there's too much space between lines so I can only see half the messages in my inbox and when I open a message I have two sets of Reply, Reply All, Forward buttons. One set at the top in the ribbon where it's supposed to be and another set on the right of the message pane. Yet the message header reads off the screen if its too long and I have to search for who else the message went to which is more important than another set of stupid buttons. When I start a new message I get these three really wide text boxes for sender, subject details etc. What exactly is the point of all this? It doesn't help the vision impaired at all as its flat and all blended together. Frustrated beyond belief now. It's just annoying and distracting.

• a_davi@msn.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can I adjust line spacing in Outlook email? I do not see the format text icon. Driving me insane!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This layout is infuriating. The inability to adjust Inbox row height (v. font) is unacceptable. There is a entirely too much wasted space and reviewing multiple e-mails has become untenable. So much for Outlook; I have (hopefully temporarily) resorted to aggregating all of my mail in an alternate email solution until this gets fixed. If it takes too long, I will migrate away from office. Don't thank me for my patience, get the work done.

• carolarsaunders commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

want return to numbered pages at bottom of screen so can easily scroll to past pages of e mails
        Adverts totally un useful are occupying this space and i am not interested in any of them
        Insufficient number of e mails on one page cannot get overview
        what use are the coloured dots .
        I FIND THE NEW PRESENTATION A RETROGRADE STEP AND NOW most times I USE E MAIL HAVE HAVE REVERTED TO CHOOSE TO USE THE BING FORMAT which maintains THE ORIGINAL a sensible layout

Been trying to live with the new Mail set-up - it's a mess. Each inbox item takes up twice (3X?) as much space as it used to, it's just a bunch of wasted space and I can only see half (1/3?) the number of emails listed at one time. I can't find any way to adjust this, so I guess we're just stuck with this ungainly mess? I've been with 'hotmail' since I've had a computer, but it's looking like time to move on to something more user-friendly and less fancy. If anyone on your end is actually reading these comments, can you please add (or direct me to) a means of making the mail list more compact?

• Joe Persek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make this a priority. I used to be able to see 18 emails on a screen. Now it's 12. It's unworkable the way it is.

The new design has too much space between lines. Now we can see less messages at once than before. It is no functional. Less productive.
        It makes the labor slower.

• Sulev Svilponis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How to disable the new outlook and restore the old look? The new outlook is ugly, bloating, unresponsive, hard to read, wasting screen space with enormous spaces between lines, but text is very small, and all in BOLD! Don't you know, that it is hard to read such text, which is all in bold letters? Where is the good old e-mail reader I liked many years?

• color.world commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the new outlook wont even let me send attachments! i would like to go back to my old hotmail acct!

• Michael Panayotides commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Beyond the line spacing, Why don't you make it work EXACTLY like MS-Word? As it is, the "Undo" works erratically, at best, text cannot be transferred, ot it goes where IT wants to, etc. Also, ability to place simple graphic, as in Word, will be helpful. At least allow "pasting" copied text with graphic(s) (e.g. an arrow)s that has been copied from Word.

• rabany roland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

bonjour merci de votre réponse mais dommage rien en Français donc je ne peux pas faire de modifications une réponse en français s'il vous plait.

• megaoke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just put the ******** thing back like it was before and stop faffing about with it.

• Diogo Costa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The first thing I do when I enter Outlook is to resize the browser to 80%. Much better and similar to the previous version.

• Kay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

AGREE - I need to be able to come Hotmail and get some work done, not have to reformat the screen over and over

← Previous 1 3 4 5

New experiences in Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base