OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

New experiences in Outlook.com

Mail Program Locks Up

When I receive email that has special characters in the subject line, it causes my browser mail program (such as Microsoft Edge) to crash/lock up. Lately, I have been getting a lot of email from Home Depot with graphic characters in subject line.

337 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Randy Steward shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

50 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How come I cannot access my old e-mails older that let's say two months?! To scroll down takes ages Outlook. Why Outlook has became so user unfriendly comparing with Old Good Hotmail? So my question to Outlook could possible help me to be able to navigate and to reach my old e-mails which today cannot be reached at all?! There is any Outlook Customer Service? If yes how we can contact this service?

• Denise commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It takes a while for each email to come up-1-2 minutes. Sometime I hit one email and another one appears. I am not able to get the icon od sweep, delete, or to mark emails to work. I had to erase all emails so I would not have a heart attack or stroke over the stress. This is much worse than the classic version. Please fix.

• mcwaverley4@live.co.uk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having problems with it also with the latest update 29/30 January 2019. eg: Arranging delivery of items from online shop. Shop sends email asking me to press HERE. Denied by something starting safelinks and a very long set of incomprehensible details.
        Outlook on Android smartphone works ok. and fixed up there. When going back to Windows 10 laptop get same safelinks message by pressing on HERE now brings up the Shop's replying of ok to my fixture date for delivery message in a box that I got on my smartphone!

• Jawad Talpur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having problem with my account being full. I try to delete email all of them and still cant delete. Can anyone help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks
        Jawad

• Andrew Harris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In addition to locking up and auto-refreshing, I cannot access links to specific webpages from within an outlook message (e.g. facebook, amazon, etc., etc.)

• Dee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mail Column keeps flashing on and off. Can't review, search or manage Mail for continuous flashing

• Helga Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My outlook mail in edge has no "Attach, Insert pictures inline,Formatting Options or More (…) enabled. What are the steps to enable them, please? Just the instructions would help tremendously. Pls. don't ask for a screenshot, since I can't attach anything. Thank you

The Home Depot issue must be a different problem from the freezing problem. I don't get email from Home Depot, and still have frequent freezing up and lost sends.

Outlook doesn't need special characters to lock up, which it does frequently (as in daily, often several times. It also fails to send, and has even entirely lost an email in the process. Yesterday it even failed to save a draft. I have two other accounts with different vendors, and have no problems with either one. It is just Outlook, and the problems are increasing. In addition, when I try to access help or my contacts, or refresh, I frequently get a "not available right now-try again later message.

Outlook doesn't need special characters to lock up, which it does frequently (as in daily, often several times. It also fails to send, and has even entirely lost an email in the process. Yesterday it even failed to save a draft. I have two other accounts with different vendors, and have no problems with either one. It is just Outlook, and the problems are increasing

What is the point of outlook if it won't even open your emails!!! First it upgrades without asking for permission then it won't open anything! It was just when I searched for an email and tried to open it. Now I can't even open something I received 2 days ago! That stupid little circle thing just keeps going round and round for minutes on end and still not getting anywhere!
        This is a MAJOR ISSUE Outlook!!!! Sort yourselves out!!!

• yvanado@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Souvent, quand j'envoie un courriel, hotmail m'écrit "Nous n'avons pas pu envoyer ce message pour le moment". Pourquoi je dois réessayer plusieurs fois pour finir par envoyer ce courriel??

← Previous 1 3

New experiences in Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base