OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Where is the block button in junk mail?

Where is the block button in junk mail? I used to be able to instantly block an address, now I have to open the email, cut and paste the address, and go to settings to block?! I thought updates were supposed to make things easier, not add more work.

407 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for using Outlook.com!

To block a user from the junk email folder, either:
- Select one or more emails and click the “Not Junk” dropdown in the top menu bar → “Block”
- Right-click on an email and select “Block”.

Note: In non-junk folders, the option to block a user is under the “Junk” dropdown in the top menu bar

134 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • bloomsinsouth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What happened to the automatic "block" feature to click to block junk senders? It was an excellent feature -- now gone.

• Addie Moe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please move the Block function back to the menu on the Junk Folder. I'm getting inundated with Junk Mail and your Rules aren't working on Junk mail. Why did you "fix" what wasn't broken?

• Robert N commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Block Sender"

Why did you remove/ change the Block sender and make us have to write it in??? That's ridiculous !!!!
    Please put it back!!! Instead of making the site easier you're making it more complicated! We get inundated with thousands of junk/scam/ spam and you want us to type in unwanted senders and domains? Lots of juvenile emojis and cartoon icons though huh?

• jteague1@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do I REALLY block a domain name i.e. clialiedge.com or clialedge.com. I have blocked them, I have reported them as phishing, multiple times. The emails still come through. I would like a block that really works. I would like to block a domain i.e. .de , .hu etc. I don't know anyone in those countries and i don't want their emails. If and I mean IF then I will ask that entity via legitimate advertising and add THAT one to the safe senders. If a domain feels they need to harvest users in bulk then they should police them or I should be allowed to block the entire domain. I got 2 additional clialiedge.com email today and multiple .club...I don't want them either. Get a block system that works, Please!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WANT TO BLOCK SPAM
    I used to be able to block junk mail but with the new system I can't see how to. I am truly offended by the invitations to view naked women or have a special private party with Olga. My junk mailbox has more and more things to sort through every day.

Please enable that handy blocking button that used to be there. It really reduced to repeated trashy junk.

• alanmay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why did you get rid of the option to Block Sender/Block Domain using the sweep rules? And you can't even block things in the JUNK folder any more. This is ********. Those were the most useful functions in Outlook and what kept you better than Yahoo. No one is going to waste hours entering dozens of Spam domains to their rules. BRING THOSE BACK.

• laurenimay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't mark junk emails to block sender - the new version no longer has the ability to mark junk emails to block the sender. Since many of these emails come from

• avonman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Junk e-mail blocking is ten times harder now.m Why did you "fix" something that was good and ruin it

• amarr1209 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why not return to the pull down menu and click "block" instead of having to write down unwanted email, go to setting, type in, etc.

• Maureen Arnold commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, particularly about being able to block emails in the junk folder without opening them. Previous item was marked "Completed", but solution given still opens the emails in the ones that are already in the junk folder. Very serious security issue.

• rjlwny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

2 Items:
    1. Stop the annoying Deleted pop up! It is not needed!
    2. Bring back the separate "Bl;ock" Button to reduce clicks to Block spam.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

The new Outlook.com: Spam

Feedback and Knowledge Base