OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

New experiences in Outlook.com

Where is the block button in junk mail?

Where is the block button in junk mail? I used to be able to instantly block an address, now I have to open the email, cut and paste the address, and go to settings to block?! I thought updates were supposed to make things easier, not add more work.

366 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  AdminOutlook.com Moderator (Admin, Outlook.com) responded  · 

Thanks for using Outlook.com!

To block a user from the junk email folder, either:
    - Select one or more emails and click the “Not Junk” dropdown in the top menu bar → “Block”
    - Right-click on an email and select “Block”.

Note: In non-junk folders, the option to block a user is under the “Junk” dropdown in the top menu bar

115 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • alanmay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why did you get rid of the option to Block Sender/Block Domain using the sweep rules? And you can't even block things in the JUNK folder any more. This is ********. Those were the most useful functions in Outlook and what kept you better than Yahoo. No one is going to waste hours entering dozens of Spam domains to their rules. BRING THOSE BACK.

• laurenimay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't mark junk emails to block sender - the new version no longer has the ability to mark junk emails to block the sender. Since many of these emails come from

• amarr1209 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why not return to the pull down menu and click "block" instead of having to write down unwanted email, go to setting, type in, etc.

• Maureen Arnold commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, particularly about being able to block emails in the junk folder without opening them. Previous item was marked "Completed", but solution given still opens the emails in the ones that are already in the junk folder. Very serious security issue.

• rjlwny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

2 Items:
        1. Stop the annoying Deleted pop up! It is not needed!
        2. Bring back the separate "Bl;ock" Button to reduce clicks to Block spam.

• Bill Bullion commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how to I block email, could before this
        update, can I go back to the old email
        systems, do not like this one at all

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

BRING BACK THE OLD OUTLOOK PAGE!! 0R BRING BACK THE OPTION BUTTON! THIS IS ******* STUPID! DON'T FIX WHAT'S NOT BROKEN!!! WHERE THE **** IS THE BLOCK BUTTON NOW!! C'ON YOU GUYS!!

• jctan99@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am very annoyed that the "block" option was removed from my junk email when you "upgraded" the new email. How do I get that option back?

• Jan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring back the BLOCK button, if not I think I will go to gmail. This new version is dreadful

Scrolling when I've pinned a number of emails to the top becomes chunky and doesn't let me scroll down the page to select more messages to delete or file, it keeps bouncing me back up to the top of the page. It's very frustrating!! This is not a new issue. Also, you moved the Block feature under Junk and I think that was unnecessary. What was wrong with where it was when you arrive at the Junk Folder, I would sure like to see the Block feature button by itself again and not under Junk/hacking and phishing. Thank you!

• John Davis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just another step added to my daily routine That I didn't ask for. Every time something is up graded there are more steps added. Another straw on the camels back Enough is enough

Why did you delete the Block function off the top functions bar, now I have to rt click and select Block. Please put it back.

• marissa_brady commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

BRING BACK THE BLOCK BUTTON. y'all should not have took away the block button. i do not want to type in individual email addresses and domains to block. when before all i had to do is select and hit BLOCK. wtf seriously?

• Robin Greenbury commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have had this email account since 1998. If the block button isnt back soon Im switching to a different accout such as gmail or yahoo

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

New experiences in Outlook.com: Spam

Feedback and Knowledge Base