OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

New experiences in Outlook.com

Block Sender

It is ridiculous that I have to type in the address of the email that is sending me junk. Why would I want to open an email to get the address? Just hitting the Block Sender was so much safer. This is ridiculous.

1,160 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

jmwhite93 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  AdminOutlook.com Moderator (Admin, Outlook.com) responded  · 

To block a sender without clicking into an email, either:

1) Right-click on that email to bring up a context menu
    2) Select “Block”

or

1) Select the item in the message list
    2) Select the “Junk” dropdown in the top level menu bar
    3) Select “Block”

175 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I did not know this. From comments, the old system must have worked better but I don't know how that system worked. I am all for updates, however to change just to change never works for me. I have noticed the 'page advance' or whatever you call the thing of a ma-jig on the right disappears in some computer systems. What is wrong with that being visible at all times?

• bigguy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO WITH THE BLOCK B.S. THEY STILL KEEP COMMING ,,WHAT A F ING JOKE THIS NEW SYSTEM IS ,,,GO BACK TO OLD

• starina27 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The "block" is terrible now. The old way was vastly superior. I'm ****** off anytime I have to block an address now. It's ridiculously time consuming.

• David 05 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What's this block sender do you mean??????
        I did it many times but yet it still keeps coming back. And I want the domain address permanently blocked.
        Very very annoying useless outlook services.

This isn't complete and is just a small part of a much larger problem. I can't even get things to stick in the blocked senders, safe sender, or safe mailing list options. I put it in and then it vanishes, and the next day half of them are gone that stuck the day earlier. I have emails I have added to rules so they move to folders automatically, and half the time they aren't moving. I have one that I listed as a safe sender, and added it to a rule to move it and it showed up in my junk folder today even thought it is still showing in the safe sender list, LOL, what a freaking joke and piece of garbage Outlook.com has become. Glad the moderator thought it was fixed and completed though. Mr./Mrs. moderator person, just by sending us instructions that don't work, doesn't mean a problem is fixed.

• Margaret Balcom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Moderator has marked this post as completed and gave instructions on how to individually block one by one without opening. That still only solves half the problem. We used to be able to mass block all junk emails in a single click. Considering junk emails generate at a rate of a couple hundred a day, individual blocking is still a time consuming task. We want mass blocking back.

This new "fix" is the stupidest thing ever. Why did you try to fix something that wasn't even remotely broken? Work on not allowing spam to be sent first. Then you won't need to ruin what was perfectly fine!

I can't even figure out how to block junk email. It is disturbing because if they are just deleted, they come right back up the next day or whenever. I want to be able to block them in a timely and effective manner.

yes...all we need the Block Sender....how you have it now again is a pain **********......typing this e-mail in when I should not even have it. JUST PUT THE BLOCK WORK BACK ON THE TOP......you make all these changes all at one time then it goes to the point.....LEARNING SOMETHING THAT WORK 100% BEFORE LETS GET THE BLOCK BACK ON THE TOP.....................

• GUY LESCH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is blocking the sender supposed to actually block future e-mails from the same sender? If not why are blocking these e-mails?

• Margaret Balcom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature was the One and Only reason I failed to update to Beta until I was forced to. Please bring Blocking back to the main screen of the Junk folder so we can mass block and don't have to open emails to do so. Opening emails is a SECURITY Risk! Common Microsoft, you can do better than this!

Have most of you noticed that a good majority of the email comes from email addresses that end in .onmicrosoft.com, What's that all about, Microsoft is perpetuating the problem and can't figure out how to block spammers using their solutions???? It baffles the mind.

Tony Stain I couldn't agree with you more. The fact that there isn't anywhere to get a person on the phone, even if they are in India, to look into fixing this problem just tells me the only people who care, and are reading this is all of us poor saps on the thread. Way to go Microsoft. Maybe you can talk Bill G into taking some of that Philanthropy and reinvesting it into his solutions so they work properly. We are the poor people who are being mistreated these days.

EU QUERO AS MENSAGENS DE TODOS OS MEUS AMIGOS NA CAIXA DE ENTRADA DENOVO DO MESSENGER PARA QUE EU POSSA RESPONDER A TODOS OK

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

New experiences in Outlook.com: Spam

Feedback and Knowledge Base