OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

New experiences in Outlook.com

Want Classic Back!

Title: Want Classic Back: I want switched back to classic view. There is no option for me to switch to classic. I was forced to use beta. Please make it an option to choose.

6,917 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

sheilaeichman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  AdminMicrosoft Outlook (Admin, Outlook.com) responded  · 

First off, I just want to thank each and everyone of you for taking the time and providing feedback on the new Outlook.com experience. I totally appreciate that updates can often be frustrating when things change. I also want to thank everyone that has provided feedback over the course of the Beta to ensure that we address feedback.

With that being said, I do want to offer some types/advice on some options that you can select to get a view that is more in line with the old experience. This includes turning off the Colored bubbles :)

First click on the Gear in the top right hand corner. This will load the Quick Settings Pane. This pane includes all of the key features that are likely different between the old experience and the new experience.

To get a view that is similar to the old view I would turn off the following: Conversation View, Reading Pane (set to Hide), Sender Image (these are the colored initial circles), Group by Date (these are the date headers in the message list), and finally Attachment Preview.

Once these are off, the view should look VERY similar to the old experience.

Again please keep the feedback coming, the entire team is reviewing every submission and we are working on bringing additional improvements.

Some of these include, Density settings (this will help those that want a more compact view), updated spam/junk settings, Chat improvements, and much much more.

Thanks again for using Outlook.com!

2356 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • jarrah.gard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have a classic and fancy mode option, so that those that don't mind waiting and waiting to do even the most basic task but have a few shiny bells and whistles to look at it can choose to do so. But those of us that just want to send and receive email with some calendar integration can just get on with it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i hate it please put it back to the way it was. i want to be able to delete individual emails in a folder not empty folder

• ojaio554@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

after the page was updated nothing work, I can use my phone app with no problem, but this new web just suck, I want the old one back

• Alexis Ernst-Treutel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

First of all, I am not interested in adding stickers to my email, so your new feature is not of interest to me.

Second of all, while I appreciate outlook customer service responding to me question I did not appreciate the following response:
        . I know the changes are a bit overwhelming especially for our long-time customers who are used to be using the Classic Outlook.com.

I do not appreciate the judgement that by asking you a question I am old and overwhelmed. That is arrogant and patronizing. Maybe it's not me, maybe it's you.

• mikeczar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This new version sucks. worst interface, locks up all the time, when trying to choose emails it opens random ones. new low for you guys

• therealdebbie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i can't delete my junk email and I also can't block junk mail...i don't like this new format at all..not like you're going to do anything, i'm just super aggravated...maybe change email providers since you didn't test the bugs in this before making us use it

• Kimberly Costelloe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SINCE I HAVE STARTED PAYING FOR MY OUTLOOK PREMIUM. HOPING FOR A BETTER EXPERIENCE WITHOUT ADS ETC. THE SITE HAS ACUTALLY BEEN WORKING ALOT WORSE. EVERYTHING TAKES AGES TO OPEN. I WOUDL CLICK ON COMMANDS AND NOTHING HAPPENS, I HAVE TO RELOAD THE PAGE SEVERAL TIMES TO GET ANY WORK DONE. NOT SURE WHATS HAPPENING NOW.

THIS HORRIBLE BETA IS STILL SHOWING UP INSTEAD OF MY OLD HOTMAIL INBOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BETA STINKS!!!!!!!!!!

I WANT MY OLD HOTMAIL INBOX BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WANT MY OLD HOTMAIL BACK AS IT WAS BEFORE DEPLORABLE, BETA RUINED EMAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS DETESTABLE BETA MESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE BETA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT MY OLD HOTMAIL BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

BETA IS THE “GREAT DEPLORABLE” OF EMAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!
        I HATE BETA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BETA IS DETESTABLE, OUTRAGEOUSLY UGLY LOOKING MESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        I WANT MY OLD HOTMAIL BACK AS IT WAS BEFORE DEPLORABLE, BETA RUINED EMAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BETA IS THE “GREAT DEPLORABLE” OF EMAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!
        I HATE BETA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        BETA IS DETESTABLE, OUTRAGEOUSLY UGLY LOOKING MESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE WANT OUR HOTMAIL INBOX BACK THE WAY IT WAS!!!!!!!!!

BETA IS A SPACE WASTING MESS!!!!!! HATEFUL AMOUNT OF EMPTY SPACE!!!!!

Kill outlook I am not an office worker, I don't need any of this extra ****. Why do I need three calenders on all of my electronics? I just need to be able to see and pin the emails I get. I could just go back to sending comp to comp.

• eman4177 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sweep is broken, rules are all broken, this version of Outlook looks like your own development team barely beta tested it before foisting it on us poor lowly mortals. This is almost as bad as what Yahoo did with their Messenger and that was a train wreck.

I am not able to save any dates since you started messing around.
        "if it aint broke don't fix it"
        Ithink KI will go to google.

• reaccion_metis@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can,t open anything on Win 10. Every time I try to open an older mail de scroll bar slides and automaticaly search the most recent mail, so I can{t reach the older. I am very dissapointed.

Can,t open anything on Win 10. Every time I try to open an older mail de scroll bar slides and automaticaly search the most recent mail, so I can{t reach the older. I am very dissapointed.

I finally found and corrected some of atrocities in this version. However, things like pages changing when I do something like delete an unwanted contact. It jumps to a different option. Please return "new message," delete, and all the other function buttons at the top to their original positions. I'm doing all sorts of stupid stuff because my brain is imprinted with the layout I've used for years. This thing is horrible and a horrible reflection on the caliber and abilities of your IT and engineering team.

I can't describe what a monster this is to work with, even after I scoured and customized the options under tools.

At the VERY least, offer an option to refuse the beta system. Thank you.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 117 118

New experiences in Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base