OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

New experiences in Outlook.com

Want Classic Back!

Title: Want Classic Back: I want switched back to classic view. There is no option for me to switch to classic. I was forced to use beta. Please make it an option to choose.

7,679 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

sheilaeichman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  AdminMicrosoft Outlook (Admin, Outlook.com) responded  · 

First off, I just want to thank each and everyone of you for taking the time and providing feedback on the new Outlook.com experience. I totally appreciate that updates can often be frustrating when things change. I also want to thank everyone that has provided feedback over the course of the Beta to ensure that we address feedback.

With that being said, I do want to offer some types/advice on some options that you can select to get a view that is more in line with the old experience. This includes turning off the Colored bubbles :)

First click on the Gear in the top right hand corner. This will load the Quick Settings Pane. This pane includes all of the key features that are likely different between the old experience and the new experience.

To get a view that is similar to the old view I would turn off the following: Conversation View, Reading Pane (set to Hide), Sender Image (these are the colored initial circles), Group by Date (these are the date headers in the message list), and finally Attachment Preview.

Once these are off, the view should look VERY similar to the old experience.

Again please keep the feedback coming, the entire team is reviewing every submission and we are working on bringing additional improvements.

Some of these include, Density settings (this will help those that want a more compact view), updated spam/junk settings, Chat improvements, and much much more.

Thanks again for using Outlook.com!

2637 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just where the **** are my emails from last month even? Im missing very important information!!!!

I cannot print a full days calendar with notes.
        This is very frustrating - why have a notes option if it will not print.
        I want the classic version back.
        Thank you!

• Joao commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Problems with this new Beta version:
        - The screen keeps flashing, making e-mails appearing and disappearing all the time.
        - Scroll bar impossible to move correctly and it's slow, blocks every 5 seconds, etc.
        - Older e-mails almost impossible to get. You can get them maybe spending 2 or more days trying to get them and even so ...
        - All is very slow
        - Support keeps telling people who are complaining that they are unfriendly to changes not admiting even for one second that the change they made people do is full of problems that they can't fix.
        - Even with the amount of complains the "uservoice" has on this issue (people wanting the classic version back) they don't admit that the new version is wrong. For them these people are all wrong. I wonder why is this the topic with the higest number of reviews ??????????
        - Even with smartphones this beta version sucks but ok it works better on mobile devices but on PCs it doesn't WORK, it doesn't WORK, it doesn't WORK, it DOES NOT WORK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• David Slater commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pleasehelp me to revert back to previous version of hotmail. I am a XP user and your current version o fhotrmail is awful - mouse issues!!!!!!!!!! Let me revert back to previous hotmail version so I can read my emails easily. Thanks, Dvaid

• Naidelyn Ramos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Classic Version should still be available a majority from what i have seen really dislike beta view and having the option to change it back to classic view is so much more convenient. We should not have to turn everything off just to make it look like the original classic version when we didn't even want the new beta version at all.

• eric habernal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This new email format from MSN is the worst product in history - go back to the format from 5 years ago !! There is absolutely nothing good about this update.

• Al Ismail commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please I am Claiming that the Bad Beta Version should be SCRAPPED, we never like it. We need our CLASSIC Old Version back in practice .

• Sidney Beauchamp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

By the way we where tricked into changing permanently to the beta, the button said try me not switch permanently. It is an bully type of practice that is not well received.

• Sidney Beauchamp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The beta is not welcomed. Your useless gadgets make the calendar unproductive. Productivity is what the calendar is used for and if you insist on forcing it down our throat, we will change as the pain of using you products is getting closer and close to the pain of changing providers the number of lost customers will start to manifest in significant numbers and by then people will not come back.

• jteague1@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please tell me how I can go back to the classic view. Apparently you have arbitrarily switched me to the beta version or some other user NON-friendly something. Why force something on your users just because you can?

• Yoyi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please give us option for Outlook Classic. The Beta Calendar particularly, which I did not choose, changed on its own, does not work for me. It does not give me the options I had with Outlook Classic. Instead of improving the calendar, it's much worse! It is not user friendly and is extremely frustrating. I have used & loved Outlook for over 20 years and have not switched to Yahoo or Gmail because it worked so well for me. Now, not so much. Hate the new Outlook Beta, especially for the Calendar. Bring back Classic or at least give us the option to revert to it.

• poochie.22@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hate beta. Want the classic back. Have no beta button to change it back. Help me get classic back. Have tried everything and nothing works. Thank you.

Your advice is just rubbish, as you already know - the changes to the view you suggest make no real difference and certainly don't make it look like the Classic view.

Ever since you took over Hotmail, your objective has been to run it down by making it less and less usable - why else would you roll this rubbish out without telling anyone? You want to run it down so that people leave it and eventually you can close it and force everyone who is still persevering with Hotmail to have to buy something more expensive from you.

You don't care about customers. You never have. Stop lying and admit why you are deliberately making Hotmail and outlook.com harder and harder to use, against the wishes of so many of your customers.

I've confirm that all of the changes you suggest are on my account ... and it still doesn't look like the old Hotmail/Outlook mail. Please, please, please let us have the old format back!! Why can't this be an option?? If you really ARE reading every comment, then please listen and make the previous version available!! We just don't understand why the changes were made. I'm wasting so much time with the new format. It is not helpful or user friendly. What can we do to get the old format back??

The new Hotmail is awful. Very, very slow, and cluttered looking. Give me back the old Hotmail!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 131 132

New experiences in Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base