OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

New experiences in Outlook.com

show date and time of our reply to a message

Lost feature: in the Classic version, showing at the top of a received message isa notation of the date and time when we replied to that message. It used to say, "you replied 10/19/2018, 7:34 am." Once I saw that confirmation, I knew whether to delete or move that received email from my inbox.

This feature is important, as it confirms not only that I have replied and that the message was sent successfully, it allows me to easily reference that reply in follow up emails. I can easily search for and confirm the content of my reply by accessing via date and time.

As I've noted in some of my other feedback on this site, this feature was not a luxury, not a "nice to have." It is essential to keep the features that we have relied on.

And again, why roll out a product that is so amazingly deficient of all the boilerplate, minimum features we've had before, if you are actually planning to include these features? (I'm referring to the messages from Admins that I keep seeing here that say, "thank you for your feedback, we're working on this important feature."). It makes no sense to have wiped these out in the first place, only to add them back in if you get a ton of complaints. that is not customer service.

121 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • goldenparkresort@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear developers.
        with the new update for outlook, when i open a sent mail, i can't recognise if it was replied or not form that screen as the previous version.( you can see on the top of the mail that this is a replied mail or not) can you please redo this.
        now when i open an email,i can't know if its replied or not unless i look it up in the sent folder

• Sharon Trimm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dates and the time are absolutely essential please put date and time on all messages and replies. I wish I could have the old outlook back.

• Carole commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a list of things which I now hate, in fact I think I should move to a more user-friendly system. I click on an action, and nothing happens, click again and still nothing, and when wanting to get a New Message, well, I might as well go out shopping and come back when it appears. It is dreadful and driving me mad.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Post comment as Anonymous please _ Common sense has gone for good in this world of idiots who can't read and can't count without a calculator. Don't move to Google because they are just as bad. give us They love all this "we are protecting your privacy stuff that is actually helping the conmen Two weekends in a row I have been disconnected from my accounts because of this sites brilliant updates and Google give us back the bulk block feature also.

• Judy Terryn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add back the feature that states the email has been replied to with the date and time of the reply. Agree with poster above, this feature is essential to managing email.

Why doesn't Outlook show you if you have replied or forwarded a message anymore?

• Maria commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was a very helpful feature, to know if and when (date and time) I replied to emails (would've been even better if recipients were listed for Forwarded messages) without now having to go back to the inbox to see this tiny reply arrow or to sift through my sent mail, which is increasingly impossible to maneuver.

Can't see anymore if I have replied to email. You must really be idiots. Why "upgrade" to make your product worse?

• bluelionman fantasy-sports-games commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

just been updated in new outlook dont like how you no longer show when i already replied to an e-mail and what date i replied. Please sort that out just the little reply arrow dont give enough info in old box when hovering over reply arrow it showed date and time when replied now you cant do that.

New experiences in Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base