OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

New experiences in Outlook.com

Location of the trash symbol / Delete Button: Can click this accidentally

the trash symbol for deleting an email is on a very inconvenient place, as you easily click this accidently when you want to see the content of the email.

1,542 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

rene_and_lotje@hotmail.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

97 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Netta Beyerlein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please move the "delete" icon much farther away from the inbox subject titles -- I have mistakenly deleted many emails this way (and may have deleted some I still don't know about!) -- the icon is too close, and if my cursor just happens to be there and I click to see the entire email, instead -- whoosh, the email's gone!

• Rafael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you select 2 or more emails, the "Reply" button gets hidden (expected) but then the "Delete" button takes its place (from the second position to the first) and "Archive" takes the position of delete. Since this takes a while to load, I sometimes click Archive instead of Delete. Can you please make this buttons not move?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

agradezco me permitan por favor tener acceso a contestar mis correos y a enviar mensajes nuevos, muchas gracias.

• deb ebrey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with lots of the comments so far ! hate this ! change it back please !!!! i also am demented by the disappearing task bar !!!

• Joanna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

not receiving newsletters that i was getting before the change.
        I can name at least 3
        MoneyTalks News
        AARP the Daily
        AARP Rewards for Good.

• Philippe Gaida commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HOW can I eliminate the trash and undesired mail without opening the mail one by one? Where did you hide the "delete" button this time?...How come that every time you make a "upgraded ver sion" you make it more difficult to use tham the last one....

• mbs1953 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hate your setup Just change it back. I did not ask you to change it! It is awful!!!

• rmoruss commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make the selection box much larger. It is such a pain the a** to try and delete emails because the selection box by each email is so so so dang small! Fix this please!!!!!!!!!!

• Pierre L commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, the description for deleting was modified from "Delete..." to "Empty Folder". Are you implying that Emails are NEVER deleted? Please revert back to "Delete" and add "...Forever". Thanks

• jmrouse@hotmail.co.uk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have accidentally permanently blocked emails from U3A Camberley, which are very important. Would you please tell me how this can happen and tell me how to Unblock the Emails.
        Your help will be much appreciated

• Sérgio Silva commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am tired of deleting new messages when I try to open them. Making that option appear when you scroll over the name of who sent you the message is very counter intuitive. Also, why won't you make the backspace key simply return to the main screen, instead of exiting the mailbox?! It's infuriating!

don't like all the changes. I just figured out that I'm deleting messages that I haven't even viewed because my cursor lands at the trash can while I"m thinking I"m opening the email. why all the changes? Can't you stick to one way.

The task bar keeps disappearing making it impossible to reply to emails. This is extremely frustrating!

• Guest commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how to change delete symbol "Trash can" to previous "Cross" symbol ?

• Steve Sinclair commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

..and allow the quick actions to be placed on the right hand side of the message pane as previous. This will also help to reduce likelihood of accidentally deleting an email - which I have already done twice today.

move the delete symbol on the email when selecting its the first one and i keep clicking it

• Connie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Where is my junk mail. I occasionally get important mail there by mistake, so I review all junk before I delete it

← Previous 1 3 4 5

New experiences in Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base