OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

New experiences in Outlook.com

Location of the trash symbol / Delete Button: Can click this accidentally

the trash symbol for deleting an email is on a very inconvenient place, as you easily click this accidently when you want to see the content of the email.

2,032 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

rene_and_lotje@hotmail.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under review  ·  AdminOutlook.com Moderator (Admin, Outlook.com) responded  · 

Thank you for your feedback! We are looking into alternative placements for these actions based on all the feedback around people accidentally clicking them.

Note that if you want to remove these actions altogether, please:
    - Go to Settings (top right gear icon)
    - Click “View all Outlook settings”
    - Select “Mail” > “Customize actions”
    - Under “Quick actions” deselect (or select those you want to keep) all actions.

154 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the problem I have been having with the delete button is that after I delete some emails, if the cursor is still on that location, it will delete my entire mailbox!! then I have to go through the deleted file to check and make sure nothing important got deleted ( like bills!!), thank you

I never had this much JUNK MAIL.. ....on HOTMAIL......what is the deal with you people....you get paid for sending JUNKMAIL>

• Buddy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new "Deleted, Undue" box on the bottom of the screen is a pain in the A--. It's not just the location of this box but the box it's self is a pain, it is not needed and just a distraction.

• ROSEMARY GRANT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is no need for the horizontal row of buttons above the inbox (delete, archive, etc.) to keep shifting -- Outlook is so slow now that it's easy to hit the "wrong" button because the user clicks faster than Outlook shifts itself.
        Please stabilize that row so that it is the same no matter what you are doing.

• adriangay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Every thing was just perfect for me especially the calendar with side pane. Can't understand why when something is working great it has to be changed. I say go for rollback to previous version

• Jim Magers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The junk mail people are smarter than the Outlook people. I/we may block a piece of mail but the junk mail people have thousands of email accounts and just use a different email address to send the exact same material. Why not block the "subject" material rather than the sender?

You folks would be heros to millions of your clients.

In order to report "block" or "phishing", you have to first click on the message, then on "Not Junk", then make a choice between "Not Junk", Phishing" or "Block". This is very confusing. My suggestion would be to have a JUNK OPTIONS which comes up when you click on junk mail. Usually you know if it's junk in the window pane without having to open the message.

Where can I post so someone from outlook will actually look into all the wrong stuff going on with this new outlook?
        I have lost half of my email contacts out of the blue I'm really frustrated!!!! considering using Gmail and Yahoo much better than this new outlook. never had any issues till they switched me to the new version without my consent!!!

• Freek Vos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can I delete a contactperson? Where can I find this? Is there anybody who knows this?

• Henrik Rönngård commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hej mitt Outlook fungerar så dåligt att jag har slutat använda det t.e.x. om jag skrållar ner med musen för att kolla äldre mejl så händer ingenting, eller så kommer jag ner en bit på sidan och plötsligt försvinner allting,skärmen blir blank,när texten kommer tillbaks efter en stund är jag uppe på det sista mejlet igen. Ett annat irriterande fel är att det går så långsamt, om jag vill radera ett mejl så dröjer det så länge innan det händer nåt att jag skulle hinna gå och dricka en kaffekopp under tiden
        Era meddelande vill jag ha på svenska eftersom jag just ingen engelska förstår Mvh Henrik

• LandBaron1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The sybol is also too small. It must be moved to a more purposeful mouse place to click quicly and not have a chance to click something else

• egomes03@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot open an email sent yesterday. even after looking in the sent box. its listed there, but, unable to open the file???

• Joan Clemmons commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't even find the Trash folder. I wanted to check to see if I delegted somethingf that I waNTED TO KEEP

I CANT EVEN FIND THE TRASH FOLDER. I want to check to see if I deleted something that I wanted to keep

Now I need to click delete symbol twice, the first time it jumps a little left, was better before.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

New experiences in Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base