OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

New feedback

This new version is garbage, confusing, with avatars that I do not want to see, few emails per page and visually horrible. They should ask the user if they like the new version or allow the previous one to be used. I'm going to close the account after many years. It's just Horrible !!!

1,456 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

rhlopez58@hotmail.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

120 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jalec9875 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hotmail, Outlook really SUCK. The changes have been a waste and really do not enhance anything.

• john graham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

e having isplease sort out outlook i am getting realy annoyed at the crashes freezes etc i cant even type a message

• dawnl95@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This update is a nightmare, ever since it went live, Outlook stalls and freezes up my entire browser, until I do a forced shutdown to stop the program.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

my outlook is so painfully slow. Constantly freezes and crashes where I need to reopen IE.

• g_oberti@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The video adds are ruining my email experience. I have fast internet and it still slows down and even freezes the page. It is not conducive to efficiently using email. I am thinking of switching to another email provider.

• catherine_hester@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook is runnung incredibly slow and keeps on freezing since the lastest Windows 10 update this week (19th March, 2018). I would appreciate it if you could sort these problems out before you try to imporve what used to be a good site buthas been ruined by your constant 'improvements'

• Bill McKinney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Once in a while when I delete e-mail, my computer freezes up. Can't do anything but hit the power button, and force a shut down. Then I have to deal with my computer not wanting to reboot. Leaving the beta system.

I submitted a complaint last week and didn't get a response, which is super annoying.

The problem I complained about--changes to Hotmail that are causing Outlook to freeze and then causing Internet Explorer to shut down completely--have not been resolved, which is doubly-annoying.

I'll give you some benefit of the doubt: Perhaps this feedback system doesn't link to my account so you weren't able to contact me? Here's my e-mail: jnblair@hotmail.com (Together with a recommendation that if that's the communication problem, you should probably fix that too.) If that's not the problem, then that's just shameful and embarrassing for you.

Whatever changes you have made that are causing Hotmail/Outlook to constantly freeze (which has been happening at least a dozen times each day over the past three or four weeks) need to be fixed immediately. I've been a user since the mid-1990s but I cannot accept this as the new reality.

I have a gmail account set up and I am ready to make the complete switch, if that's my only recourse.

I hope to hear from anyone--even an automated response, just to know I'm not yelling into the wind.

Jeffrey

P.S. I had to rewrite this complaint twice because Outlook froze my system twice while composing it. Epic fail at a system "improvement".

I don't know what you've done--whether it's just the beta testing or something broader--but it is affecting both the Outlook beta and the regular. Hotmail is constantly freezing and shutting down Internet Explorer. it is beyond annoying and seems to be self-inflicted. Please revert to something that works.

• johnandsuegreen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

since you started pushing beta, my page keeps coming up with long script running and the page freezes. I can't properly check my emails any more. Suggestions?

• Eddie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When in use the outlook beta will lag and become unresponsive. And when left unattended the outlook beta page will close and need to be reloaded.

Within the past week it kept freezing, slowly loading and timing-out. Beyond frustrating when trying to access important emails.

• Bence Töreki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If there are many attachments, the web outlook can't even handle it, and as a result it freezes, making it unusable to view/or download the attachments.

• Ralph Geigner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ads pop up's
    The last 2 days ( 23-24 Feb 2018 )
    When the ads come up ! makes the Out Look page stutter, freeze up

• altonkwok@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After accepting to use outlook.com beta in Edge the site is unusable. It freezes the Edge tab when I try to click anything. I had to submit this feedback using Chrome.

• sierrabarbara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to go back to the old screen.
    I don't like this split - side ways. confusing, hard to read. the text is often to small. Freezes to often. I do a lot of work through my e-mail. hard to find items I need

• Alan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My email and the MSN News has been freezing up every day many times I have to skip Outlook. Thanks for your kind attention.
    Alanyung @msn.com

1 2 3 4 6 Next →

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base