OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

New feedback

This new version is garbage, confusing, with avatars that I do not want to see, few emails per page and visually horrible. They should ask the user if they like the new version or allow the previous one to be used. I'm going to close the account after many years. It's just Horrible !!!

1,456 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

rhlopez58@hotmail.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

120 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • private steed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had to go back to my other email account because outlook freezes up and wastes time. What is the point of fixing something that didn't need to be fixed???? Weaponized ads???

• mullen_scott@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My email experience has been ruined lately. It looks good but everything moves slowly and shortly after opening up my inbox it locks up and i cannot scroll up or down on my MacBookPro's track pad. What is going on? Im looknig for new email servers cause I dont know what else to do. Seriously bummed out!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The prior web version of Outlook.com was already kind of slow. The beta version was even slower, which is why I never used it. Now it's being forced upon me, and it's even slower than the beta version. Constantly hanging up my computer, telling me it's freezing because of a script, rebooting itself, telling me there's a problem and I need to refresh, etc. If this doesn't get solved soon, don't tell me to try Office 365 with Premium, because that's neither necessary nor possible on this work laptop that I use 95% of the time. Instead, if it's not fixed soon, I'll just switch over to Gmail, much as I'd prefer not to.

Why do I keep getting 'Live.com is not responding? It is very irritating and time consuming.

• h gearhart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OMG now my email is even clunkier than before and freezes my computer in spurts while using it. I'm sure youll tell me something stupid like I need an updated operating system or something like that. I hope all u ******* burn in ****.

• Nathalie Holland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since my account has been upgraded or changed to this 'new look', the performance has decreased. It takes much longer for my emails to load and it constantly freezes.

Whenever I open an email with this new version, the page displays for a second or so then goes blank white? Why is this?

• Pam Hellier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What the **** is going on in the background ????? My fan is working overtime and now computer is freezing !!!!

• amnickl@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

my computer is getting stuck all the time. whoever did the new email should bbe fired! im going to apple!

There is lag within the new interface!!!
    The program freezes when you click on a button- takes ten seconds to react!!!
    Why the **** did you change it in the first place? It was fine, the way it was! This new interface, clearly isn't READY!!!

• zayenw@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new Outlook is terrible; Freezes constantly, takes forever for any junkmail to load to be reviewed; It would be nice if there was an option to use the old Outlook as this one is clunky and seriously a step back from the ease of use of previous makes

Outlook is always freezing; to do anything I have to use the app on my phone! Fix it, please!

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base