OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

New feedback

This new version is garbage, confusing, with avatars that I do not want to see, few emails per page and visually horrible. They should ask the user if they like the new version or allow the previous one to be used. I'm going to close the account after many years. It's just Horrible !!!

1,456 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

rhlopez58@hotmail.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

120 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • 4TimesAYear commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cannot even click on an e-mail to open it w/o it crashing now. Like another person says, the majority of the screen goes blank except for a few icons on the left - can't move mail to files either, should you get lucky enough to have it not crash. It's not browser related. this is the third browser I've tried. It's doing it on all of them.

• kevin kretchmer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

add on right panel keeps crashing email. have to close email and then close browser. open email back up to one or two things then email freezes again because ad on right panel script running to long.

• Brian Demers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Chrome - Whenever I do anything (move an email, delete an email, etc) the majority of the screen goes blank except for a few icons on the left side of the screen... have to refresh.

• RON MUSSMAN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

email for Sur La TAble cause Outlook to collapse with miniature icons on left side of screen, only way out, is to reload.

• zhon3069 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Update is unresponsive in Chrome, Mozilla, Safari and your very own Edge. You forced everyone to update to the new Outlook.com and now nothing works, you dry and respond to emails and the browser becomes unresponsive, you dry and write a new email and the browser becomes unresponsive, you try and continue a draft email and the browser becomes unresponsive. I have tried on my home desktop computer and laptop computer, my work desktop and laptop computer all running Windows 10 I even tried running on my Mac laptop and every single instance the browser became unresponsive. Search the internet and you will find everyone is having some variation of the exact same issues and yet Microsoft continues to force users to use this ****** untested version of Outlook.com. Microsoft is becoming just and even more pathetic software company with mediocre software engineers. I doubt that this feedback will even get a response.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having increasing problems with Outlook Premium. It freezes after a few minutes, won't save drafts or add attachments and won't send emails. I have to restart my computer and sign in again each time. It's really frustrating. Help!

• GUY LESCH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

outlook.live.com constantly freezes and then reopens. Something is very wrong with this program. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't open my emails in my inbox and other folders, it just keep on loading and loading and nothing happens the whole day its been loading. I really need to open my emails please! HELP! Are you even reading these comments?

• Jean-Yves LE JEUNE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Avec ce nouveau soft, je vais passer sur Gmail,
    ici sa bug, sa rame, les pages ne cessent de geler, disparaitre, bref, une gabegie sans nom.

With this new app, I'll go to Gmail,
    here his bug, his oar, the pages keep freezing, disappear, in short, a maze without name.

• marcello ventura commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

a really informatic genius maked a really disaster for the new outlook mail!!! very good job, genius! now my mail is dead!

• pipsqueak3_b commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

why does outlook freeze up all the time? mostly when I am trying to get an important message

• perrobravo45 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I go to my email page, I get a "loading" message in the middle of the screen, and nothing ever happens. Can't see any messages. Was working fine yesterday, just slow, now, nothing!

I keep getting interrupted while writing my email. Says live.com is not responding and I have to find it in draft. It has been going on for quite awhile and its getting very old.

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base