OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

New feedback

This new version is garbage, confusing, with avatars that I do not want to see, few emails per page and visually horrible. They should ask the user if they like the new version or allow the previous one to be used. I'm going to close the account after many years. It's just Horrible !!!

1,456 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

rhlopez58@hotmail.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

120 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes..buttons lagged sooooooooo long when u click those icons like read, unread, delete icons..

• vdio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I open Outlook, my computer stucks and freezes…. due tio the adds

• Wendy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yet again, so-called "improvements" have been made and Hotmail/Outlook has slowed almost to a stop!! Last time there was a change, we endured weeks and weeks of frustration - and here we go again!! Emails take ages to load, attachments cannot be attached, etc, etc....
    Did you REALLY check this new layout and "functionality" (or should I say non functionality?) thoroughly before forcing it on us? The adverts take so long to load, I can't help wondering if you are trying to force us into paying for "premium.

NOT HAPPY!

There is also a lag between typing a message and the time the letter appear on the screen! Very difficult to use for this.

• Liz Bara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sick and tired of all these STUPID CHANGES that are NO GOOD, leave things alone you goofs, don't you have anything better to do than to complicate and make problems with your lousy "updates" and "changes"???????

• ebe@outlook.dk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The "NEW" Outlook freezes all the time. It is extremely annoying and frustrating: I have to restart it almost every time I want to open a new mail.
    Also i cannot see the files enclosed!!!!
    Pull yourselves together and admit the new version is a failure and GIVE US BACK THE ORIGINAL OUTLOOK!

Its so slow and freezes, I'm no considering using an alternative and dump my Hotmail address.

• jenniferkell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not need all the features of new Beta email. My computer is older and too slow for it. The old version was just fine.
    Pages freeze, and I cannot work quickly. This Hotmail account is a tool that is very important for me, and I use it multiple times every day.
    Please explain how to switch back to the old version.
    You switched my account without my approval!
    Please explain how to switch it back to old version.
    You guys used to answer questions.

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this new version is so inferior to the classic version, the arrogance and ignorance that gives the right to dump a second rate product shows how low-rent outlook has become

new outlook not working freezing up folders not opening.
    Gmail has changed nothing and is working great.

• CS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Happens about 2 or 3 times a day. Using Chrome Internet Browser Version 70.0.3538.110 (Official Build) (64-bit) in Windows 10. Happened on a previous version of Chrome and seems to have started about a week ago when I got the notice that Outlook.com was no longer in beta. Happens when I click on a certain email. The last email I clicked and it happened was a Walmart Order Confirmation email. The entire tab freezes with Outlook.com but other open tabs and instances of Chrome are not frozen. Can get a pop up from Chrome indicating the tab is frozen and gives the option to close the tab or wait for the website.

• CPSTARCK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot scroll down the list of e-mails without the page freezing. The slide bar on the right side keeps appearing and disappearing. This "new experience" is a disaster!!

in my case I use lg smart tv webos 3,the new Outlook lags and freezes all the time.

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base