OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

New experiences in Outlook.com

Deleted items re-appearing

Getting really sixk of deleting emails only to have them reappear multiple times.

292 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under review  ·  AdminOutlook.com Moderator (Admin, Outlook.com) responded  · 

Thank you for submitting feedback on this issue. We are actively investigating what may be occurring here and plan to address this issue as quickly as possible. Whenever possible, please also include your browser and browser version so we can better isolate the problem. Thanks for your continued help!

378 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

outlook mac after deleting emails they pop-up again with blank messages, this started after the last update.

• abdullah aljawhar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

can't delete inbox messages
        even when i delete the messages in the inbox, it comes back when i open the email again

I have the same problem too. So frustrating, Wasting too much time deleting thousands of emails and finding they are like the Frankenstein monster and come back to life. Uggggh!!! So **** frustrating,

• Céline Meyet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

when I try to delete several emails it doesn't work! I check the boxes and delete then they come back; it's not the first time that I make this comment and nothing changes

• Thomas Struble commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same issue. Delete the email only to have it reappear when I log back on. I use chrome browser and my smart phone to check. Use the email app in windows at home. All do the same thing. It really is sad to see this problem not being addressed by a major company.

• timrountree@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

junk mail will not delete. If you mark it as phishing OR delete items from Junk mail, they disappear and then come back in 10 seconds. Just like you never Marked or deleted them

I try to delete multiple (unread) emails from my Inbox but they go away for only a few seconds, then they show up again. This has happened before, please FIX IT. It is so ANNOYING

Deleted tasks keep coming back, whether deleted in Outlook.com, or Outlook 2016, or on iPhone reminders app. I tried purging items in Outlook 2016 that were deleted to see if that helps. For me, this started when I installed the Microsoft To Do app for iPhone. Fingers crossed this will do it.

• Moses Hull commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am seeing this problem at multiple sites, my clients are using Outlook 2013, 2016, 2019, and Outlook 365. Mail servers are Office 365, Exchange 2013, 2016 and 2019. This needs to get fixed. I think there is a bug in the Conversation feature of Outlook.

• Bonnie Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OUTLOOK GOT BACK TO ME AND TOLD ME HOW TO GET RID OF EMAILS!!! AND IT WORKS!!!!....
        1. Login to https://outlook.live.com.
        2. Go to your deleted items.
        3. Click the Radio/Circle Button that is located beside the “Delete items” name to select all your emails.
        4. Press SHIFT + Delete button simultaneously.
        5. A warning message will pop up saying “Are you sure you want to permanently delete..” click “Delete all”.

last day on hotmail since you suck. I delete 6 emails from my inbox and 10 seconds later they are right back in my inbox. 5 ******* times in a row. liked you for a long time. Now i spit on you.

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2016 is complete shite........emails continue to come back.......43813 emails and counting.......Stop selling buggy shite and test it properly

Delete emails, delete from deleted folder, but after several days, the emails are back in the deleted folders

Nothing stays deleted. It keeps popping back into my Inbox or Junk Email box after I delete it. Making it so it has to be deleted 3+ times.

• luvsmadonna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why do deleted messages find their way back in to my inbox???? I am quite frustrated by this matter.

• lsliski@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

been dealing with this same issue for months. So frustrating. I found opening Hotmail in Explorer keeps them deleted, I just really dislike using Explorer. I may just stop using Hotmail completely if they can't solve this issue.

read emails, delete them, log off, next time I open the email system the deleted emails are back and the read one are marked as unread.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19

New experiences in Outlook.com: Search

Feedback and Knowledge Base