OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

New experiences in Outlook.com

Deleted items re-appearing

Getting really sixk of deleting emails only to have them reappear multiple times.

252 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under review  ·  AdminOutlook.com Moderator (Admin, Outlook.com) responded  · 

Thank you for submitting feedback on this issue. We are actively investigating what may be occurring here and plan to address this issue as quickly as possible. Whenever possible, please also include your browser and browser version so we can better isolate the problem. Thanks for your continued help!

308 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New outlook does not work well. When I delete an email, it pops back into my inbox. When I move an email to another folder, it pops back into my inbox. I have to perform each function multiple times. I never had these problems with the old version. Even your feedback function does not work. I had to do this at least 4 times in order to submit.

• rosekenna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why am I seeing yesterdays and prior days mail in my in box AGAIN.
        Even worse this/ last months deleted stuff. What idiot came up with this idea. It is so stupid. When I delete an item from my in box I do not want to see it again tomorrow. If I delete by mistake I will go in and recover that one item. PLEASE STOP SHOWING ME WHAT I ALREADY DELETED .

• rudieboy76 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now deleted items comes back after being DELETED in the deleted Items folder!

There are overall problems with the "new" Outlook. More than often mail keeps coming back after being deleted, from the inbox folder in the Junk Email folder and even in the Deleted Items folder. This so-called Outlook is a mess!!

EVEN THE FEEDBACK IS CAUSING TROUBLE. IT KEEPS SAYING "SOMETHING WENT WRONG"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I keep deleting the same emails, again and again for days. I delete them and every time I log in, they appear again. Cost me hours.
        Also, on simple emails (only text) i get the sign: "your message can t be sent right now", while there is no problem with wifi connection e.t.c.

Can't delete emails from 'other' section of inbox. I select a load click delete and they appear to go but next time I log in they are back

Why do deleted messages keep coming back into my Inbox? Once again, I've tried to delete a selection of messages 5 times but they keep reappearing a few seconds later! Selecting the messages in the first place is also less easy than it used to be

• Ula commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Deleted items are coming back, please go back to the old version
        , this one has too many glitches

• Megan Bower commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The beta is slower. It doesn't delete or block messages the first time. Rather it deletes or blocks them then they come back and I have to repeat the process, and, more times than not, I have to do it in batches of three or four instead of all at once. It also refreshes for no reason. Please let us switch back to the original.

• Frank Sigurdsson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is it that when i delete numerous mails. Even remove them completely from the "deleted items" too, they pop back up next day or hours later. zzz

• opalcreek01@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OMG this has been going on since before February of this year??? And you keep saying "we are actively investigating". WTF is going on? Either charge for a working email system or don't offer it. What in the **** are you doing with Outlook and why doesn't it work properly!?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16

New experiences in Outlook.com: Search

Feedback and Knowledge Base