OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Outlook update SO SLOW!

Outlook update SO SLOW!
Just tried looking for an email which turned out to be a year ago to the day, couldn't remember email address/identity of sender. Scrolling back through history is w-a-a-a-y-y slower than previous.

5,142 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

vintage_keith@hotmail.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all – Thanks for reporting these issues, and for trying the new experience. We for sure don’t want you guys to be hitting performance issues!

However, we need a bit more details to help try to understand the problem.

Can you please fill out this form telling us which Browser, Browser Version, and Operating system you are using?

This will help us target our investigation.

Thanks

Colin

Form link:

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=v4j5cvGGr0GRqy180BHbR3M5kvKXLUxLg5HHvJDXsGlUN1QzS0ZDMk4zSUxVMUFaMlgwSlcwSkpWNi4u

1410 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jari Hiltunen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New Outlook is extremely bad quality! It is extremely slow and if you select from e-mail show source option, the Edge browser will hung. Does it contain too much spying scripts or what, but really bad user experience.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Quite simple
    1). Stop monitoring every keystroke
    2) stop trying to sell us stuff ON A EMAIL PROGRAM!!!
    3). Stop making tons of different little applets that we have to use.
    4) baring that DONT USE OUTLOOK. Just use it as a sending/receiver box and use another program to actually read/make your mail. This is what I do.
    Wouldn't use outlook if you payed me now.
    FYI. HOTmail account. That's how old

• H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been a Hotmail user for over 20 years. The Hotmail service is getting progressively cloogy. Simple tasks like deleting messages are slowed by the lag in serving screen ads. With every deleted email, I have to wait for the ad to refresh on the screen before I can delete the next email. This experience is consistent across edge and IE browsers. I appreciate that this is a free service, but gmail doesn't do this and differentiates on speed. please fix this before we lose more users to gmail or other services.

• mykalhawl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Desktop system, everything hesitates, delays, whether it be moving around or typing an email, it's horrible. Several others have told me the same. Move the mouse or scroll, same delays and hesitations.

• Tracie Daniels commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Today was the FINAL STRAW. I was trying to communicate regarding documents with my CPA. I kept getting the "Your request can't be completed right now" all-too-familiar screen. Email comes IN, but you can't get anything OUT. It even says your folders are empty and then when you click again they are there....then it says something about original message can't be found right now, try again later, won't let you save, won't let you give feedback, it is useless. Completely USELESS. I clicked over to my new gmail account, cut and pasted what I was trying to send, and it sent immediately. Microsoft YOU HAVE A PROBLEM.

My issue turned out to be caused by a defective port in the main network computer, and therefore DNS resolution-- nothing to do with my laptop or with Office. Thank you for your response and your concern.

Are you intentionally chasing us away? I do not have the ability to scroll to my daily email, find any email I have saved because the infinite scroll has to download every single thing as it goes and after over a half hour...still not there. Is that enough info for you? It doesn't matter if it is opera, firefox, chrome, internet explorer...makes no difference at all...why can't you just stop this painful experience and return to us the mail before you forced us on beta? If I hadn't been here 20 years...I would have already left. You sure are asking a lot of people...you could not pay me enough to go through this!

• donald commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i dont like it.flickering when i try to read my email takes to long to delete what i dont want.takes to long to find what im im looking for.

• LBEN1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently using Win XPS, google chrome browser (no longer supported or updated to XPS). Extremely slow.

• Timothy Kowalski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You changed your email system and its much worse then the old system, slower to respond, harder to find old messages. And now I have to keep re-sending the same email multiple times.

• Tracie Daniels commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just filled out this form. It it still unbearably bad, freezes up, won't work, my email is basically a joke now. I have had to secure gmail and yahoo emails to get things done. I have had MSN paid service email for 20 years.

• Jo Freeman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your font is too small for my aging eyes. You want to know the version of IE that I am using, but don't tell me how to find out.

Just go back to the original and sack the goon who "thought" could improve. Problem solved

• Brett O'Donnell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't move text message out of the draft file to another file. Which I could do in the old system. Please change back

• cool.20009@hotmail.co.in commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1. Outlook Sucks.
    2. EXTREMELY Heavy.
    3. Not Available LIGHT / CLASSIC / BASIC Version.
    4. Not Available html with FAST and LIGHT Mail as was in PREVIOUS Versions.
    5. Mail Service is for WORKING Purpose, but OUTLOOK FORGOT it.
    6. OUTLOOK is TOO GLOSSY. It SHOULD be SIMPLE, FAST and EASY to use.
    7. Functionality of OUTLOOK BUTTONS is EXTREMELY POOR and SLOW.
    8. Outlook DOES NOT Load on SPEED 200 kbps.
    9. Win-XP Supported BROWSER'S CRASHES when Using OUTLOOK Mail SERVICES.
    10. Outlook SHOULD SUPPORT Win-XP Supported Browsers with Light & Fast access.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 70 71

The new Outlook.com: Chat

Feedback and Knowledge Base