OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

New experiences in Outlook.com

Outlook update SO SLOW!

Outlook update SO SLOW!
Just tried looking for an email which turned out to be a year ago to the day, couldn't remember email address/identity of sender. Scrolling back through history is w-a-a-a-y-y slower than previous.

3,605 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

vintage_keith@hotmail.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

907 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been trying to live with the mess that is the new email system but I'm fast approaching my limit of frustration. Why can't I scroll down your email messages anymore? Every time I try to do that, the system blinks and brings me back to the top. Every. Single. Time. This makes it impossible to view messages I have saved into folders, or access older emails in my in-box, beyond what appears at the top of the list. And this new system takes up so much space for each item (WHY????) that there are only about 1/3 the number of messages visible on the screen than there used to be. How was this mess every allowed to go live? It's not functional.
        Meanwhile, email accounts I have on comcast and yahoo are perfectly functional, and from what I read in comments here, gmail is, too. You've shot yourself in the foot on this one, outlook, unless your purpose was to LOSE users.

• Trevor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new setup seems really slow. Especially when changing from one folder to another.

• HK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please please quicken it up, the new works terrible slow, like on an old 14K4 internet connection. Considering to step over to Gmail if speed doesn't improve., it's just no working with it now.

• maryabc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New Outlook much slower to respond to commands. Also I don't like how the new Outlook attaches sent emails sent before on same topic like it is all joined in as one when before the emails were kept separate or on their own.

• HK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Old look was better and faster, this one is annoying slow, even with fast internet connection. Ads are irritating.

• eriksjolund@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is impossible to use your email system nowadays. Worked quick and good when it was Hotmail but not any longer. I have more or less been forced to stop using the computer to access emails and instead use my phone. This is not what I want though...

For me, this is not good enough and I will probably change to another e-mail provider.

• Jacob Hall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would concur. I see a significant uptick in performance related issues. I realize O365 is in a massive growth period, so I'm hoping these issues fade in the future.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why does it take so long to empty my inbox(focused/other), Junk, and deleted items folders? PAINFULLY SLOW!!!!!!!!!!

• sueoneill57 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hotmail is too slow and screen constantly freezes - may be because of all of the graphics including ads

• grid112 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why does it take so much longer for the emails to open up than it did in the other format? Can't you fix it?

• federicacristini@live.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If it doesn't get better soon I'll have to use a different e mail service. It's so slow that I can't properly write e mails. What I write appears on screen several seconds later. Absurd

• Rachelle Day commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook is extremely slow and page is continuously lagging. Layout is much more confusing. TERRIBLE UPGRADE!

• AE Colombo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A) having to scroll down through years of pinned emails for about 20 mins in to my daily emails
        B) after last revamping MS did, pined emails remain in same order as they were when they were pinned, however, the pin Icon does not appear enabled, and if you click on it to enable it actually un-pins the email.
        C) there is no longer a date/time stamp for my emails on view list,
        D) outlook email is very slow, as if dealing with super long scripts on the background and keeps on crashing.

• Alexandra Goulea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new interface plain sucks. Evertything is slow or malfunctioning. Nothing works properly and I haven't been able to properly access my mails and manage my inbox and folders in WEEKS. And you've done nothing to fix things because as I mentioned it's been WEEKS!
        This! Is! Unacceptable!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 45 46

New experiences in Outlook.com: Chat

Feedback and Knowledge Base