OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

New experiences in Outlook.com

I Don't Like Beta why change it

Please do not change from the old format of email. It was working well - why change it ?

570 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  AdminMicrosoft Outlook (Admin, Outlook.com) responded  · 

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

459 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Problems with outlook. Make this the last version.
        Everyone can't be pleased so, stop fixing what can't be fixed to fix a problem for some makes more problems for others it will never end

put i back the way it was!!!!
        let us opt out to the default version!!!!
        this new one sucks!!!

• Sian.ellis1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How dare you change the look of my email without asking me. I do not want it looking like this . I want it to go back to the way it was.

The new outlook/email page is horrible.... It was just fine the way it was. Why don't you just leave things alone. A lot of us aren't 15 and love to mess with the apps.

Dear Administrator, We should not have to change ANYTHING on this incredibly awful Outlook version. What we had and you got rid of was just fine, great actually, the way it was. Now you expect us to deal with a miserable product. We are NOT enjoying the new Outlook experience AT ALL. You on your end need to CHANGE it back to the last version, or at least give us, your customers the option to do so. Thank you.

Just my opinion, but I don't like the new look. I'm not sure why you feel it is necessary to constantly be making changes. If it works.....don't FIX it....and it was working just fine.

• George Grund commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't like change. Please don't keep changing the look. I like it more the way it look last time. So finking stop it!

• c1b5html commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While I agree with many of the below negative comments, the initial question has been ignored, "Please do not change from the old format of email. It was working well - why change it ?"

A guess is that underlying code was reworked in a newer OOP structure, intending to enhance portability or efficacy, rather than (paranoia) adding some data mining to aide selling of subscribers statistical summaries.

As a new version costs money to create and implement, Microsoft must have had some vision of what it could gain, certainly not just to make Outlook less user friendly?

Having used Microsoft emails for decades at work and home, the general trend has been to make it less useful. Perhaps adding some dynamic picture to the email list appeals to some children.

you don't answer to the question. It's really slow since i have to write online and there are so much bugs. Give us the choise to go back for the quickest version or i'll leave your cpnie (like many other people apparantly).

• disneyrenee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't like it either!! Don't you understand we just want to go to our email and not have to figure it out.

• fjcorp_usa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My live messages inbox appearance looks terrible, why this changes without permissions? :(

My live messages inbox appearance looks terrible, why this changes without permissions? :(

• Kerry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Beta is just chaotic! It stresses me out just looking at it. The old version is neat and tidy and just makes sense.

• dot hawkes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THE GEAR ICON DOES NOT WORk!!! DON'T EVEN BOTHER TRYING THAT, OR RINGING THEM, OR EMAILING THEM, THEY DO NOT RESPOND. IF YOU GET THEM ON THE LIVE CHAT THEY GIVE UP ON YOU AFTER 20 MINUTES COS THEY DONT KNOW HOW TO HELP

← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23

New experiences in Outlook.com: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base