OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

New experiences in Outlook.com

Rule Move all messages in the Inbox folder and all future messages "when creating a rule.

Hello, Devs

Please return the option to Move all messages in the Inbox folder and all future messages when creating a rule, it is of extreme importance this feature, THAT EXISTS THE YEARS in the classic version and was withdrawn in the new one.

Why did they do that? They have taken a role that is important in day-to-day life.

635 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Vinícius Tadeu shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  AdminOutlook.com Moderator (Admin, Outlook.com) responded  · 

Thank you for your feedback.

To create the sweep rule to move all messages from a user in the Inbox folder and all future messages:
    1) Select the email or emails with the senders you which to move
    2) Click the “Sweep” Button or click “Move-to → Move all emails from”
    3) Select the option “Move all messages from the Inbox folder and any future messages”
    4) Choose the folder you wish to move these messages to
    5) Click “Ok”

57 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • NOBRE LUSO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

NINGUÉM ENTENDEU O PROBLEMA QUE EU APRESENTEI?...
        Mas eu escrevi em bom e correcto português de Portugal.
        Na verdade, o PROBLEMA é com a decisão absurda da Microsoft em enviar para a PASTA DE E-MAILS DE LIXO 99,99% de mensagens LEGÍTIMAS (de remetentes confiáveis, até de Organismos do Estado, assinaturas de Jornais e de Revistas legais, sites nacionais e internacionais de compras, ou seja, tudo LEGÍTIMO)!

Mas de uma forma criminosa, a Microsoft envia para o LIXO dezenas de mensagens diariamente, obrigando os utilizadores a ir àquela pasta do LIXO (?) e a considerar LEGÍTIMAS tais mensagens e, a seguir, enviá-las para a Caixa de Entrada.
        Mas se no mesmo dia, ou no dia seguinte, chegaram mais mensagens dos mesmos remetentes oficiais e legítimos, o processo recomeça:
        - VAI TUDO PARA O LIXO NOVAMENTE!

Afinal, para que serve a REGRA de eu considerar LEGÍTIMAS as mensagens que a Microsoft considera lixo? Com que direito? Porque quem decide deveria ser o utilizador!

Não sei a que entidade internacional (neste caso, europeia) eu deva apresentar QUEIXA por abuso de confiança!

• Roberto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1) but I do not want to create a rule. I do not want it to be automatic. Furthermore, when I move an email I want to see the complete list of folders and not just the last ones.

2) when I search for the text of an email, I no longer see the folders in which it was previously archived; on the other hand, the list of the main figures that I do not want to view appears.

• canadianliazonteam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't want just the sweep rule, I wish to move blocks of emails, but not all emails.... so when I hit Inbox, I would wish to only move the visible emails (the ones on the screen) not all emails in my in box. The old version let me move small batches

• Christian et Danièle Sala commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bravo pour vos commentaires ! Déjà, nous sommes en France, nous payons notre abonnement en France, et ce serait bien qu'on nous propose des choix en français ! Quel bordel vos nouveaux trucs, soit-disant pour améliorer la boite mail, on arrive pas à écrire, un coup à droite, un coup en bas, on arrive pas à mettre des pièces-jointes, avant les " améliorations", tout allait bien !

• emsaffrey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why do you continuously change the format? There's nothing innovated about this new layout. It's confusing! Split screens are useless. I'd like to have the previous screen format returned to my computer. Change is NOT always good.

• J B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, this is garbage. LEAVE THINGS ALONE.PLEASE!!!!!

THE RECENT CHANGES SUCK!

• Carol Taubman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A lot of my emails go to junk and now I don't even have a tab for it. I really hate this new foremat.

• gamble_bob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

give me back the previous version. I have seen no advantage to the new version, just problems and useful features removed. I thought I was being hacked.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree fully. The new version makes it hard to do anything except move one message at a time out of the Inbox. Just who in the H*ll gets so few emails these days that they can deal with all of them one at a time for everything?
        As a paying Premium customer I don't want to see useful functions taken away to so that your coders only work on cosmetic changes

• M AT MSN DOT COM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, just another useful feature removed. It had been around for a long time and was quite useful...but it had to go...to make room for " bright colored circles, emojis, and joyful animations."

• Eric Sylvain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hate not being able to execute a rule immediately on my Inbox - there's no way to quickly move emails around. Creating a rule only applies to new emails coming in ... please change this!

• Joe Dickie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No matter what I do, 'rule' created or not, 2 senders keep getting put in an 'Unwanted' file. Do you idiots just randomly interject into our email accounts to create havoc? "Help' is no help at all. My guess your staff is composed of illegal aliens from India...

• Sharon Trimm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The most important for me was being to move an email and all future emails to a folder including delete and junk. For me that is what makes outlook better than Gmail.

• pequena76@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Creating rules:
        I remember Outlook or Hotmail having the option to create a rule for several incoming emails. Now you can only select one email at a time and create a rule. We used to be able to select multiple emails and create a rule (i.e. select multiple emails and have them sent to a one specific folder). I find it so time-consuming having to do it individually for each different sender that I skip creating rules. Thank you and have a nice day.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I looked and looked and looked and finally found a way to SUPPOSEDLY edit rules, and the function is SOOOOO cumbersome, and so slow, and so illogical, that I'm forced to delete and re-write rules.
        So,
        A: Make is SIMPLE to find the rules folder;
        B: Make is SIMPLE to delete a function;
        C: AND, MOST IMPORTANTLY, MAKE IT SO THAT THE "x" BUTTON ACTUALLY LETS YOU LEAVE THE RULES FOLDER!!!!!

• steven commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey guys so currently in the new outlook beta not included there's
        - no move all and all future emails options
        - if you do plan on implementing please make it so you can do it for multiple emails at the same time
        - finally if you're planning to just stick just having rules, currently if you select more than one email you can't make a rule it would be nice if you could

that's all thanks you 1

• S Sarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sweep is missing "move current and all future messages" (to a specific folder) AGAIN. I am seriously fed up of you keep changing your email for the worse. This function is essential to be able to use email properly. Please put it back ASAP. Each change to live mail has been more cumbersome and less user friendly than the previous one. The adage if it ain't broke should be directed at your programmers who seem to change things to justify their jobs as it really is not necessary.

• rampureadi@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add same feature of Move all email from inbox & future message to select folder option available on outlook beta similar to stable outlook.

← Previous 1 3

New experiences in Outlook.com: Search

Feedback and Knowledge Base