OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

New experiences in Outlook.com

When scrolling through mail it is auto jumping back to top of the page

When scrolling down through emails it keeps randomly returning to the top of the list. When scrolling through older emails and having to wait for them to load into the list it is frustrating to have to go back down and wait each time for them to load.

741 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Andy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve since made more progress with our investigation and have a hunch for what the issue is. It seems that it is a lot easier to run into the problem using Firefox than using a different browser, although the problem could affect any browser.

====

We’ve heard multiple reports of this bad behavior on Firefox and are investigating. We’ve not heard any similar reports on other browsers, so that might be a possible alternative for now, while we work on resolving the real issue.

Apologies.

285 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MichelleGB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This happens when using Safari and IE as well. It's not browser driven - it's Outlook driven.

• Andrew Savage commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fix inbox bug that keeps bouncing page to top when trying to scroll through emails - Don't just tell users to use different browser!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

scrolling continuously jumps to top. can't get to all mail before jumps back to top. extremely irritating. How do i stop this?

• lauraelaineallen@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot scroll to old emails in my sent folder. I need to find an email I sent back in Summer, but when I look through my sent folder, it lets me scroll to where I need to be, but after literally 2 seconds it just jumps back up to the top, as if it is refreshing. It has now done it for over five minutes - me scrolling to around when I know the email should be, trying to click on it, and suddenly I'm back at the top of the list.

• Janet Choules commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't scroll through emails either in the inbox list or the actual email as they always jump back to the top, it is most frustrating. When I search for a fix I found that people were complaining about the same thing in 2011 although it is only happening for me since the last update in the summer. Also the block and sweep functions are totally ineffective.

• ashanthi_rulz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Every time I keep scrolling down my emails the curser keeps going back up constantly and I have to click on the curser and pull/drag it back down continuously and it's really annoying I want that to stop please. Or I'll try and find a way to change back to the old version!!! Go back to the old version ASAP please !!

Ya'll can't fix a scroll issue in 5 + months. ummmm let me help you. Review the code changes back in June when the issue appeared on YOUR forum. Then reverse the change. That is how you fix the bug that YOUR developers created. PLEASE FIX THE FREAKING ISSUE YOU HAVE ONE MORE DAY BEFORE I ABANDON OUTLOOK. That's right - I suggest you fix the freaking problem or get fired. 8:30 am ET on 12/3018 is your deadline.

• barrelrol commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In "postvak in" i can only scroll a few messages down, than it jumps to the last received message.

• cvsafety commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

scroll see 20 emails only, jumps to the top cannot click on any email except the top, this has gone on for months, are we users so irrevalent that it will not be fixed

The scroll bar is still a problem. It's very difficult to scroll and it rolls back as if it's uncontrollable.

• julia pratt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

my emails keep jumping back to the top when I'm trying to scroll down to read, delete or otherwise inspect all of my emails. this is maddening & tiresome, very cumbersome & time consuming.

• Ruth Sokel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having the same problem and it is getting very frustrating. I can't even get my mail from yesterday as the scroll bar won't stay in place long enough.

• Shanicwa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not like the new Outlook at all. It is a huge inconvenience now. I've been trying to check an email message for at least 10 minutes now. I have to scroll down to get it. But every time I attempt to scroll down the page blinks several times and goes back to the top. Please go back to the older version until the new one is fixed. This is very inconvenient especially when I'm looking for emails in a short period of time.

• friscobob@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Philip at Outlook, Thank ya'll for updating me on the progress of your investigation. I'm an old guy, and I should also let you know the errant behavior occurs with the Chrome browser and Explorer browser. Thanks for the great work you and your team is doing to help me with this issue. Best wishes for a great Christmas and new year in 2019.

I can't emails more than a day old because I automatically get brought back to the top of the page before I click on it. Its very annoying & I hate it

I WILL BE YELLING HERE!

THIS THREAD STARTED WITH: "Andy shared this idea · Jul 19, 2018". IT IS DEC 16 NOW. THAT IS FIVE MONTHS! WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH YOU? (Micrsoft) WHY SHOULD WE HAVE TO PUT-UP WITH THIS ANY LONGER. YOU ARE IN CHARGE WITH BOTH SIDES OF THE ISSUE. (Internet Explorer & Outlook.com)

I say get this FIXED!! I will NOT say please!!!

• bigalsvilla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a real problem with trying to scroll down to view and work on old e mails it just keeps jumping back up to latest e mails .... I tried looking for resolutions in forums but many users are commenting that they can find no solution whether it is switching browsers turning of shortcuts all suggestions fail to resolve it seems to have areal issue with this & i hope you fix it quickly please

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15

New experiences in Outlook.com: Search

Feedback and Knowledge Base