OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

New experiences in Outlook.com

When scrolling through mail it is auto jumping back to top of the page

When scrolling down through emails it keeps randomly returning to the top of the list. When scrolling through older emails and having to wait for them to load into the list it is frustrating to have to go back down and wait each time for them to load.

771 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Andy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve since made more progress with our investigation and have a hunch for what the issue is. It seems that it is a lot easier to run into the problem using Firefox than using a different browser, although the problem could affect any browser.

====

We’ve heard multiple reports of this bad behavior on Firefox and are investigating. We’ve not heard any similar reports on other browsers, so that might be a possible alternative for now, while we work on resolving the real issue.

Apologies.

313 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use Firefox and it is maddening. I can't go back to emails beyond the few that show up on the screen. This is especially troublesome when traveling; can't get to needed information. This has been going on for a long time and still no fix?

• Frans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The reaction from ADMIN is from November 2018, we are 4 months further now. I have tried all different browsers on several different laptops, desktops etc, and the result is the same everywhere: Impossible to scroll. Have you found anything in these 4 months, or should I just swap to an other emailprovider?

• Halim Chew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think, they want us to upgrade to premium features (in which our emails will not hop and skip all around the place while we frantically try to click those emails..)

• Julian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So-called "upgrades" over the last year have made Hotmail almost unusable.
        The inbox jerks around (constantly re-loading ??) making it easy to miss and click the wrong thing.

By "mistake" (page twitching) I've already "Marked All as Read" - thus un-boldening messages I want to re-read.

Scrolling the stupidly long single page Inbox is almost impossible - with the scroll bar mostly hidden - but occasionally appearing ....
        ... and the constant jerking around.

Please give Users the option of PAGES not infinite scroll.

As it happens, I found a Browser ( Lunascape6) which DOES display Hotmail in pages - that don't jerk around.
        The only downside being that formatting text is severely limited.

• Rhys jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Android tablet, looking at Bigpond webmail using Chrome. If I'm in Sent Mail and I look down the list then scroll back to top of list, then the system kicks me over to my IN BOX. Don't normally use the Android to view mail. Does not occur on a PC Surface Pro.
        THIS IS AN ANDROID ISSUE.

• LA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

BUMP.

Still happening. Was fine until the forced migration to new interface. Firefox 52.9.0 is browser in use. This version is limited by IT department. Please help get the interface working instead of it continuing for months.

• Happy2BRappe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Although my printer is recognized when selecting to print an email the printer fails to respond or nothing happens. Also trying to access older emails is difficult and requires great effort to keep the page from jumping back to the top.

I am NOT using Firefox!! and it jumps back to the top and I cannot go back to last September to find something I'm looking for!

• Calum McGrath commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please get this fixed - I have the same issue on Chrome, IE, and Firefox. This never used to be a problem before you messed around with it. Why fix something that isn't broken? Or are you guys looking to give yourselves stuff to do? The lack of care or respect from your end is astounding. There are thousands of comments all across the internet from people having this issue, and there is no effort whatsoever on your part to resolve it.

• sutarfd@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I'm scrolling down my emails or clicking to view one, the screen keeps going back to the top emails. I have to keep the cursor on the far right and sneak up on an email quickly before everything goes back to the top items.

messages keep flipping to the top and doesn't allow me to check off items I want to move or delete. How do I get my old Outlook back? I liked that.

• stumpjim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since the migration from Hotmail to Outlook, my email is very erratic. When I first log in the UI comes up but it keeps flashing and changing like it's continuously reloading. If I try to scroll down through my history it keeps jumping back up to the top when I release the mouse button. Today I managed to click on an email to reply to it. When I was typing it would lag way behind so I would have to wait for it to catch up to make sure what I typed was correct. I am about to change my default email to Gmail since it is stable as any normal email account should be.

I am using Firefox in Windows 7 Pro. I have the Outlook app on my iPhone and iPad and do not have these issues.

• makgore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do not like the new Beta version everytime I try to scroll down to see my emails it will pop back to the top. How can I switch back to the previous version?

• mark armstrong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This new beta version is making outlook pretty unusable it is constantly refreshing and when i scroll its refreshes and takes me back to the top which is very frustrting, so much so that i dread using this applicationand i am trying to migrate my email to gmail. Can we go back to pre beta

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Me too, it's ****! Months of **** and no end in sight and barely any responses!! Ignoring us or what?!

• humen007 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When is Outlook going to be fixed?
        I am using a MacDesk top and scrolling through messages causes the screen to blink and return to the most recent messages. What happened to the old version that actually worked?

• mftoms59 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

impossible to scroll to an older e-mail for recovery, when the cursor is moved from the scroll bar to the recoverable e-mail, it automatically returns to the top of the recoverable items... go back to the original process, this is worthless and the scroll bar stinks btw.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16

New experiences in Outlook.com: Search

Feedback and Knowledge Base