OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

I do not like this version at all. I can't see as many e-mails, it is difficult to navigate. Please go back to the old version.

644 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

256 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • LELE.FERRARI commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't like at all this new version of Outlook. Please, let me come back to
    the previous, because it's giving me too
    much trouble.

• paigetomelty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please change it back to the old outlook, or at least give us an option of choosing which one we prefer!

• Me commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why does it say, "Awaiting moderator approval" after I post my comments? No swear words, no anti-anyone...WHY?
    Post that!!

• Me commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Perfect example of Everything that is wrong:
    1) Unilateral decision by someone not - us
    2) Techies who think they can speak or represent ordinary people
    3) Stupid use of new "gadgets," "colours," or any other "I.T. thing" with no concept of how it will impact - us
    4) Complete lack of common sense to provide a simple "button" to give an option "Put it back."

• Sally J Becker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YOU MESSED WITH ALL MY FOLDERS. MANY OF THEM AREN'T WHERE THEY WERE. I NEEDED THESE - GO BACK TO THE OLD WAY, THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH IT.

• Veronica Hanna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't like the new layout. I am pretty certain I didn't choose this when I logged into my account and I would appreciate it if someone could tell me how to get it back to the previous layout

• dianeneyk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I absolutely hate the new format! Please give the option to go back to the old format ! From the comments I'm reading, I'm not the only one !

• jzimmz3 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE GET THE OLD FORMAT BACK. LIGHT GREY PRINT AGAINST LIGHT BLUE IS BLINDING AND ILLEGIBLE. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO READ AND TO WORK WITH THIS. ARE YOU SERIOUS? IF YOU KEEP THIS, I MUST LEAVE HOTMAIL, AFTER OVER 20 YEARS ..

• jzimmz3 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE LET US HAVE THE OLD FORMAT BACK. THIS IS JUST BLINDING AND ILLEGIBLE. GREY AGAINST LIGHT BLUE. IMPOSSIBLE TO READ. HORRIBLE.

• K J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just awful. Cumbersome. Blocking in junk file takes three steps. Please give option of returning to old format. Considering dropping hotmail if this stays as it is.

• takoto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new layout is awful, even when using compact mode I can only see a fraction of what I used to. Is there any way to go back to the old layout? Please. I don't want to have to stop using this e-mail address but I might switch just to be rid of the layout.

• blue_elle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Put it back- I'll sort my own emails- you are not saving me any time/effort or SANITY !!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I HATE the new mailbox!!! It's horrible I want my old one back. WHY did you change things!!! even in the junk folder you made everything more difficult now!

The new Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base