OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

I do not like this version at all. I can't see as many e-mails, it is difficult to navigate. Please go back to the old version.

644 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

255 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Alfred Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please reset my email back to the original format that I had before you upgraded me. I used to be able to read attachments, reply to emails, and function as well as send new emails. None of these skills are available to me now. Just restore me back to the original format and I wont ever need an upgrade from you guys again. In l
    ife.

• megaoke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh, and now i can't copy an email to another folder and leave the original where it is.

I read this from the admin team.........

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

If you leave things alone,we wouldn't have to start fixing problems.Just go back to the other version and us all happy.

I echo everyone who wants to go back to the old version. The old version should be available to go back to, instead of this pile of ****.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do I revert to the old version? This "Upgrade" just isn't user friendly at all! What is wrong with you Guys?

This has not answer my query. Many users would like to switch back to the old view. Please listen to our concerns and honour our wishes

• mikhael.wijaya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish you could give that button back that allows users to swap back to the old version of outlook. It was much more robust, efficient and stylistically more beautiful.

• suzanne6310 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Put outlook back the way it was.I never asked for this change ! I don't like it , Please put mine back the way it was .

Can you please go back to the other style please? I hate this new layout,it takes longer to navigate round.????????

• Dylman@live.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't you see how many people are disgusted with the program that you forced us to use? Or is it that you really don't give a rats ***? When you do reply it's always the same, "thanks for the feedback, change this, turn this off, etc..." You should have at least left an option to revert back.

• John Kane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow users to Go Back to the original version of Outlook. You have made the whole thing confusing and it's now dressed up like a Christmas Tree.
    Sometimes simplified screens work much better, and will always be more attractive to the user who is trying to get beyond the fancy colors, whistles and bells, and just get down to using it as a quality tool to send and receive E-Mails.

go back to the old layout and possibilitieas please! The new is horrible, many functions are lost and it takes a lot of time to do easy functions

The new Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base