OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

I do not like this version at all. I can't see as many e-mails, it is difficult to navigate. Please go back to the old version.

644 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

256 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • estelahenkel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please return my emails to the previous format. Thank you. Why do you change people's personal email? Thank you.

• kalano2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

3733 I hate you new confusing format and wish you would go back to the old one. It was much easier to use and not as confusing.

• estelahenkel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please return my previous format. Please.
    What do I need to do or talk to regarding this matter?
    I have requested every day, please.

• wayne boyes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't like the new style Outlook and want to return to the old style which was much better.

• Mr Penguin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This new layout is just infuriating sometimes. It's a task to select multiple emails, and the old layout just made more sense.

• turismo101 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New look is terrible. Please change back, or give the option to view in the old way. Its impossible to tell whats what with this new view, its so not user friendly. Please change it back!

• Alfred Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For a brief time I was able to read a few emails. Could not reply, but it was half of what I needed. Now that ability is gone. Nice of you to include the subject line so I at least I know what the email is about. Just put me back on the old working version.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm sorry but I have an old version of MacOs not supported and I can not see anything. I preferred the version still before this, as a visualization of the calendareio, if qusto can interest :)

This seems to be an example of out sourcing gone wrong. Perhaps you should look into hiring some of the old programmers from the mainframe era. We would have never butchered basic system functionality in order to install what was touted to be an upgrade. My problems still exist just as they have since this installation. I have had to move my more interactive email communications to a different account. This one longer works as an email account. And I am not convinced that you guys can fix it, given how well this upgrade worked. The best solution, for me, it seems is for the system to go back to what is was.

• Oksana909 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really hate the new look/layout. Is there a way I can go back to the old one?

• frdiT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This new version is confusing and the side slide goes in and out and it hard to get it to work . How can get the old version back.

Now the wonderful new upgrade has added emails I had previously deleted back to my deleted items. Claims I now have 2000 of them. I never let my totals get that high. Give me the option to go back to the working email system.

I have been a hotmail customer for more than 20 years, and it will be a real inconvenience to have to change all of my contact information. I have ,up until this point, always gotten good service from your company but I fear that I may have to let this go. If you cannot do basic email functions then there is no value. I would still like to request a move back to the original functioning email that I have come to know.

• rea462@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PUT IT BACK HOW IT WAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• mikhael.wijaya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is the feedback "please add the button back that allows us to swap between the new and old versions" not 'detailed' enough?

Please stop copy pasting. This ticket is not "completed". But well done again in just passing it on into the abyss.

The new Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base