OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

I do not like this version at all. I can't see as many e-mails, it is difficult to navigate. Please go back to the old version.

644 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

256 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't want to use Outlook with this new user interface. I want the original UI back or an option for the original UI.

• Johanna W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I so hate the new version of outlook. Intensely annoying font. I want the old format back; now you're not letting us set it to the old appearance and I am upset. Hate it, hate it, hate it. Hate the font, hate the appearance of other email addresses in the subject line, hate the position of "New Message," hate the lengthened response time to check off/delete messages because you've fancied it up so much it doesn't work as well. Why do you fix what's not broken???????

• GB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will go over to another Email provider sorry I have gone over to another.... eat this

• mtpilot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't use any of the formatting options in compose, need old version back.

• estelahenkel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please return my format. I know you think I will eventually like this one and get used to it..... I dont like this format. Please...............

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HATE this update. HATE HATE HATE
    Constant issues sending emails, horrible placing of buttons and basic function commands. You used to be so good. Terrible now

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want my old simple outlook back with good overview. No coloured points and other confusing stuff please!

• Leslie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes I want to know if someone can please tell me how to convert this new outlook version back to the older one. It's way too slow and very annoying. It can't even type fast enough when I'm trying to email someone. Geez!

• Rich Chaddock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They don't care, look at canned response, Turn this off and turn that off to get back what you lost. Not even close. Hey MS I have an idea why don;t you turn off the update and put it back. I know, this is not even MS and they don't care about the customer, never has nor ever will!

• smass3 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Everytime you guys get "creative", the program gets harder to use and a lower grade program. Put it back the way it was , and quit messing with it.

• mskathmoran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I miss the old version!!!! I could click Notifications and block ads. Please bring the old version back!!!

• elle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not able anymore to use my email. How can I back to the old version?

The new Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base