OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

I do not like this version at all. I can't see as many e-mails, it is difficult to navigate. Please go back to the old version.

644 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

258 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • janetulrich@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For a minute, I thought the old email was back and I was so happy. Now, it is the same old **** where I can't get to my junk files. Thanks a lot. Someone must be on drugs who came up with a so-called new design as a nightmare. Please put my email back to where it was before you guys screwed with it.

• ghwell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new Outlook setup is terrible. The old version was much easier to use and look at. I will be discontinuing use of Outlook and switching to Gmail.

• TIM & KATHY LORENZ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I HATE this e-mail!!!!!!. I want my original Outlook back. This thing is so slow and non-user friendly. Today I can't even open any messages in my in box or delete anything in my junk mail. You probably won't even get this. I demand my old e-mail back or I will completely change e-mail, addresses!

• kruegerja3 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You email says I can switch in and out of the new changes to Outlook. Now you are telling me that I can't. The new version requires me to do more clicking of the mouse. I want the old version back.

• Walsch1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I STILL hate the new format! It sends me right over the edge every time I open my Email! It is so hokey, childish and distracting. Totally unprofessional! Why can't we have the option to switch back to the old format??? I really intensely hate this new garbage.

• eyesuponwaking@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can I go to the old version? This new set up is confusing not efficient and emails in the chain that are not
    meant to be seen when I forward are showing up. errrrrrrr

• eric habernal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the worst microsoft email format in their entire history - go back to the way it was 6 months or 6 years ago. THIS IS A TRAVESTY - THIS IS AS BAD AS VISTA !

• Lori Gallagher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please let me go back to the old calendar/email. I strongly dislike this. I'm disabled, and this is difficult for me to use. If I can't have the old format back, then I will find another calendar. I got no warning about this change! Please let me go back to the original format! Thanks.

• Gill Lucas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please put hotmail back as it was = this new one is a debacle - a mess - complex - i.e not spam - not spam - twice? Say something once why say it again?

• kenny.gordon5949 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please put my email back. I hate this new ****. you cannot find new messages. I show 2 new messages and no way to find them. this new thing sucks!!!

• Betty Lamantea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Haven't used the account for awhile. The changes made are impossible. Please change back to former format.

• Ahmed Saleh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

new interface is stupid, i can't find my inbox messages , i don't know what basis it's categorized on??!! i want to use the old user interfa

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13

The new Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base