OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

GET RID OF FOCUSED MAIL NOW!

Get rid of the focused mail!, just sort by date cause i have to go through extra steps to find mail thats not there cause it didnt meet the criteria of focused, whatever that may be.

332 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chiquita shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thank you for using outlook.com, and for providing such great actionable feedback!

I just wanted to let you all know that if you don’t like the Focused Inbox, you are able to easily disable it. When you disable it you will get all of your inbox items in a single view.

To do this, do the following:

1) Click on the Gear in the top right,
2) this opens the Quick Settings Pane, from here look for Focused Inbox. Turn it off.

Hope this helps!

191 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • vrisser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not like the two folders - focused and other. I want to see everything in the same folder!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I only get emails that are important, so it's a huge nuisance to have a focused and an other. I want my email all in one place so this feature should be optional.

I have been trying a new version without the focused/other option. I want to go back to the version with focused/other catergories. How do i do that.

Im trying the new Beat and everytime I click back on the mail icon it automatically has me in focused mode...even though I have selected a NON focused inbox in settings

• Ashar D.D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The beta focuses far too much on design rather than on the usability of the website. If I wanted to I could adapt to the new look of things, however I prefer the older version. I also think that less technologically skilled people using the site would find the new version difficult to navigate and use.

• akfletcher@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Last Wednesday over 2000 junkmails arrived into my Focused Inbox. Can you please advise how this occurred out of the blue and how I can delete them without scrolling through manually doing this?

• Primoz Ivancic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please get rid of the 'focused' email in inbox its horrible. If I receive an email I now have to check in TWO mailboxes essentially just to see if I got anything

• jakob.wallnoefer@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The round-ish Focused - Other button is asymmetric due to its text, and seems off-balance due to its left-align. Perhaps there is a better way to design that toggle

• shelley Klumpp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there no way to merge the "Focused" & "Other" so they appear on the same page???? I don't like having the two seperate I find I'm missing important mail going back and forth. Please tell me a way to change the format....shelley Klumpp

• Liz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really do not like the "other" folder feature. Now I have to look in TWO places for my messages and I find that very annoying. Plus, I get messages from the same email address in both places! What determines what emails come into my "focused" folder and what determines what emails come into my "other" folder? It seems there's no rhyme or reason. Please remove the "other" folder feature as it makes Outlook non-user-friendly.

• burak aydın commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

other and focused mail sections are too hard to use properly. i don't like it. i think no need to a beta like this. i love current version.

Find a better name for the focused inbox other than "focused". How did you expect anyone to even know what that means and what it's purpose is? Did you even bother to look up the word "focused"?

• peggy.irelan@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want all my email in 1 inbox I don't understand "focused" and other that is not helpful and should be an option for ALL no randomly chosen 'focused'

• Lina Abdulrahman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is unnecessary to separate emails into 2 inboxes. If they need to be organized we can do so ourselves into our customized folders. Plus I do not know the logic on how mails are separated into the different folders. This feature is not useful at all

• taylor plourde commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

none of these features are important. They just complicate things. The focused inbox causes me to miss emails. You should focus on simplicity and ease of use. Email does not need to be that complicated. Also no matter how many times I create rules or select mark as not junk, certain senders always end up in the junk email. Most of the addresses that I cannot get to go to my inbox are from my professors at school so its pretty important emails that I am missing. Even if there is a way that I have just not figured out it should be relatively easy to mark mail from certain senders as not junk. To be honest the only reason I continue to use this email address is that I have been using it for 10 years and do not want the hassle of reuploading all my contacts and settings and such.

• mostafamahmoud1975@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Outlook,

The new beta version is fine with some features and other is not necessary.
    No need for Focused and Other, Inbox division is useless, hope you fix it.

Best Regards

Mostafa Mahmoud

The new Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base