OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

GET RID OF FOCUSED MAIL NOW!

Get rid of the focused mail!, just sort by date cause i have to go through extra steps to find mail thats not there cause it didnt meet the criteria of focused, whatever that may be.

332 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chiquita shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thank you for using outlook.com, and for providing such great actionable feedback!

I just wanted to let you all know that if you don’t like the Focused Inbox, you are able to easily disable it. When you disable it you will get all of your inbox items in a single view.

To do this, do the following:

1) Click on the Gear in the top right,
2) this opens the Quick Settings Pane, from here look for Focused Inbox. Turn it off.

Hope this helps!

191 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hate FOCUSED! The worse user experience ever. Also command bars on the right, left, top, all over the place, what a mess! I never know where to find the REPLY, FORWARD and other commands, specially if you have a large monitor.

• nadine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please remove the Focused and Other! i'm so annoyed I can't go back to my normal overview!

Just give me back ONE inbox !!!!! and ability to read an email full screen
    Why the F### would you complicate with two inboxes ???????? I've already missed important emails due to this insane idea

I don't like the Focused and Other. Its far better to have one inbox.
    I don't like the layout of the beta, because I can't read the email in its panel, its far too small and I don't know how to expand it, theres no obvious option to do this. Also space is wasted in adverts , which I don't want to see.
    I don't like signing in , which used to be all in one panel, and is a now a two stage process of enter userid, then enter password in separate boxes.
    It was far better and easier to use a few years ago, before thee changes were applied. Easy sign in, click on an email and read it - simple.

It has constricted space for typing unlike the former format I was working. How can I return to the former format?

I hate having focused and other folders. It's like having two inboxes. Very annoying.

• Dori Wong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I removed the Focused Inbox and I find the organization of my inbox better. I didn't like my main inbox to be named as "other"

• fabrizio.rapelli@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Focused === Hide messages from my Inbox. No, this is not how a mailbox works, this is just stupid. Why should I use a feature that hides messages I have received? You know, I can still unsubscribe from messages I don't want to receive or mark as spam messages I should not receive. The focused feature is not a feature, is a bug.
    Can you publish the study that brought you to the conclusion that it was a good to have feature? Could be a good case study and maybe we would understand why it is there and how was supposed to be used.

Thanks,
    Fabrizio

• Nikki Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Honestly, I feel like it's much more complicated than simple. It was easy to navigate. My messages aren't appearing in order, which I don't get how that would be helpful. I like the look, but it's unorganized and hard to navigate. So maybe have the unread messages at the top like they're supposed to be. I don't like the "focused" tab, I don't know if it's just me but that can't be helpful for other people either.

• slater82nd@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

focused and other tabs suck. most of my important stuff is in other and dumb emails are in focused. make it one tab. its a stupid system that DOES NOT WORK

• Paul Leather commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Clicking on new message does not open a new window. I don't like the focused/other feature on either version. Thanks

• purplematrix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is so exasperating every single time I log in to have to check TWO folders just to get my messages! They serve NO purpose, and it's gotten to the point where I'm ready to give up my account entirely! PLEASE get rid of them or allow us to use settings to choose if we want this or not!

I had focused and Other separate, now the other shifts to focused which I don't want, now I select all the Other that is the focused and move back to Other, but it keeps coming back focused.
    Please if you can help this issue would appreciate.

Just give me one inbox that I can see all my messages and sort as needed. I hate having to look through both "Focused" and "Other" to find email I know I should have somewhere.

• supasport@outlook.co.nz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to select and move all in focused inbox to a folder. When I select all it doesnt give the option to move. Is there another way, or an the option to move be added?. Thanks Alison

• Bri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't like the "focused" and "other" the algorithm makes no sense for receiving emails and I miss things because of how it is coming in.

• Julia Koles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please STOP the function of dividing my e-mails into "focused" and "other" - STUPID, IRRITATING, UNNECESSARY, FRUSTRATING FUNCTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Justin Mitlehner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not sure of the parameters for "focused vs other" are, I would much rather just have all of my mail in one tab. I don't like the separation. Obviously having different folders for Junk, Archive, etc. are important, but splitting my main inbox into two pieces that I have to look between is inconvenient and slightly obnoxious.

The new Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base