OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

GET RID OF FOCUSED MAIL NOW!

Get rid of the focused mail!, just sort by date cause i have to go through extra steps to find mail thats not there cause it didnt meet the criteria of focused, whatever that may be.

332 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chiquita shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thank you for using outlook.com, and for providing such great actionable feedback!

I just wanted to let you all know that if you don’t like the Focused Inbox, you are able to easily disable it. When you disable it you will get all of your inbox items in a single view.

To do this, do the following:

1) Click on the Gear in the top right,
2) this opens the Quick Settings Pane, from here look for Focused Inbox. Turn it off.

Hope this helps!

190 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • FlintlockJazz@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have folders already for organising my email and I will choose which ones to prioritise, not you. It is always wrong on what is a priority and I have to check both "versions" anyway, increasing time spent checking emails.

• Liv Faith Redman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hate the new update, nothing is clear on my inbox, what is this 'Focused' and 'Other' thing? It's confusing, Please change it back

• Andrew Peterson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why do i have to use the focused inbox to see my recent emails, i prefer the old outlook where you can view your emails without having this new focus view.

• Mike Skelly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The inbox should not be divided into "focused" and "other" - I want ONE inbox to see all of my incoming mail

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find it irritating that there are now 2 folders - "focused" and "other". It is much simpler just to have a single list of emails. Separating them into 2 different types just make it more user unfriendly, which I realise makes you fell better.

The Focused and Other categories don't make sense. I need to see ALL new emails in order in which they arrive, but that option doesn't exist. Frustrating. The Other category doesn't show all new emails, neither does the Focused category list all new emails. I don't want to have to click back and forth. They are both set to show all, but it doesn't actually work. How do they decide what is Focused? I've no control. I get messages from the same person minutes apart, one shown in Focused and another shown in Other. Why can't I have a functioning option to just see everything list at once?

I hate this focused other set-up. The e-mails randomly go to either one and I can't locate important emails without q deep seaarch

• hg2066@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not sure, if somebody reads this anyway. I'm unable to move emails between "other" and "focused" Inbox . Can somebody please check this?

I do not like this new "focused or other" option. Nor do I like the split screen. It is too much change from the old comfortable way, there was nothing wrong with it

• fivezerofive@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What the fud is a focused inbox? Why do I default to a focused inbox? This is a waste of my time. Just put me in the normal inbox and let me delete the spam I get from Microsoft in one place.

Outlook beta with Focused tab turned on.
    Constantly getting junk email with a date where year is 2020. This forces their advertisements to appear at the top of my email list. Very Annoying! Please detect and remove these.

• Ken Snyder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

when choose "other" versus "focused" email it is not displaying some emails that arrived today; if choose "focused" then it shows them.

• Barry Roseth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Forced Change to new Outlook .. I hate it ... If I wanted GMail, I would have opened an account for it... also the new Outlook won't stop flashing and resetting.

• elier.siria@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Focused and Other inbox is the dumbest **** I've ever seen. THAT is the point of separate folders. Why would I want to switch between separate views and then also sort through folders. Your attempt to be Google is feeble and pathetic

• Kate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I absolutely dislike the Focused and Other filter. I would like to have one stream of inbox messages, with the option of rolling up related emails, similar to Google Inbox. For instance, all my financial related emails can be rolled up into one "cluster" automatically called "Financial" which I can click open to view each individual emails.

• Betti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please tell how to put an "other" into Focused?????
    I even "flagged" it and it doesn't go to focused! I have an important email I need to to refer back to!

I hate FOCUSED! The worse user experience ever. Also command bars on the right, left, top, all over the place, what a mess! I never know where to find the REPLY, FORWARD and other commands, specially if you have a large monitor.

The new Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base